Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Color Correction" explosions while Color Correction is turned off

Zahnny

With the recent prep-update for Hearts of Deimos, I'm noticing certain explosions or status effects (like those from explosive barrels) put a weird color effect on my screen, similar to how Color Correction works. I never liked it, and turned off Color Correction but this new change feels just the same as color correction.

Yeah, I have this issue too. On slam attack or entering a new room, my screen just changes tint. It just looks really nasty. Lighting seems to also be super broken in general. Orbiter is extremely bright now. 

d7bgtZ7.jpg

Reporting in to say I have experienced the same, particularly with Vauban and his Bastille, inside which everything turns blue. It is quite annoying, and makes things much more difficult to see in general. I will test further to see if this affects Loki's Invisibility or Valkyr's Hysteria.

EDIT: Invisibility and Hysteria are unaffected, but the bug still exists for Bastille, Fire Blast, heavy ground slam melee attacks, and some explosions.

Was playing with my Ivara and noticed Colour-Correction-esque effects kicking in while Navigating my arrows around.

Played some missions elsewhere and have seen everything form energy portals on the Corpus ships to exploding Grineer Sabotage Reactors also tint-wash colours across the screen.

I disabled the setting for a reason. Colour-washing is strenuous to look at for an extended period (like during Invisibility or Hysteria) and honestly it just looks awful to me in general, I can tell it's not real coloured lighting, it's too... 'close', it doesn't blend. It's not something I suddenly want forced back on!

Yes, I noticed this as well. I disabled color correction because I generally hate such effects, and now they are back with a vengeance. A variety of things can cause them, status effects, projectile impacts etc.

For example, this is me staring at a wall doing nothing:

SNSLM1q.png

And this is when I fire Basmu, the whole screen turns red-ish:

8xSZzHe.png

And in the heat of combat, these effects turn on and off all the time, which is really painful on my eyes.

Either make this new effect a separate option, or tie it to the existing color correction setting.

Yep, I've fallen victim to this bug as well. The "colour correction" option is turned right off, but I keep seeing the screen's colours randomly changing. It's incredibly annoying (though not actively painful like forced autoexposure) and I disabled that setting for a reason.

Gonna sign this topic too. Very annoying when playing Vauban because his Bastille now has the forced blue filter over everything and his Photon Strike explosion causes the annoying explosion color effects.

Please revert whatever you did to the color correction setting.

14 hours ago, Icebreccer said:

Gonna sign this topic too. Very annoying when playing Vauban because his Bastille now has the forced blue filter over everything and his Photon Strike explosion causes the annoying explosion color effects.

Please revert whatever you did to the color correction setting.

This. DE what are you doing? 😞

+1 same issue

Lightning in general is broken and what it seems as color correction filter when using abilities and getting hit by enemies

In addition to the previous mentioned situations

Standing in heavy gunners ground slam causes the screen to become reddish

Standing near Muralist tar moa's goo will cause the screen to become reddish

Casting Nova's 4 cause the screen to become reddish

During an eidolon fight when he screams after breaking a synovia the waves effect causes the screen to become bluish

17 hours ago, Merveilleuse said:

Same here, to "fix" this I disabled bloom and dynamic lightning:

Bloom and Dynamic Lightning enabled

V92hXd.jpg

Bloom and Dynamic Lightning disabled

ZBS2Vd.jpg

Graphics does not look very good but at least I don't feel my eyes burn.

I've tried that and it doesn't work. By far the biggest offender is Vauban. Here's what the world looks like normally:

Warframe0003.jpg

And here's what happens when I cast bastille. For some inexplicable reason, it seems to have sucked out enough oxygen from the air that I've half blacked out, but not quite enough to lose consciousness.

Warframe0004.jpg

For reference, my energy colour is a bright pale green. While the normal response at this point might be something along the lines of "what the hell were they thinking", I cannot comprehend any kind of thought process which would lead to a decision like this. I have absolutely no idea what this adds to the game.

I have the exact issue, and the bastille casting color has pushed me over the edge. I have tried literally everything and nothing is fixing the games terrible color correction issue. I cannot play the game for more than a few rounds of Hydron before I get a migraine. It has been days and not one person at DE is even mentioning this issue, which I find ridiculous.

I have read a few people having epileptic issues and felt a seizure coming from this issue, and that seems serious enough for them to drop what they are doing and fix this, but I guess DE has their priorities set on making sure we know the tennocon relay isn't actually back and it was just a typo. 😕
Top is with bastille active, bottom is without. Both taken within seconds of each other, both with effect intensity off, both with color correction off, ect. This game is unplayable for me, since i am unable to play for more than a few games without getting a migraine.

Archived