Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In game player market

RazerXPrime

7 hours ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Isnt that what the warframe.market already dose?Plus the trading isn’t that bad on warframe. It’s just that it’s easier to buy than sell.

Yes, but it's an external website, which makes it annoying to use (alt-tabbing) and limited in its features (e.g. no automatic keeping track of your inventory)

33 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Yes, but it's an external website, which makes it annoying to use (alt-tabbing) and limited in its features (e.g. no automatic keeping track of your inventory)

Not sure how DE would implement something like that on their main game. Plus having something like this in game would just kill the trading experience and make getting things artificial. It’s like op is asking DE to just out right get rid of trading and create a market to just out right buy prime and riven stuff from DE:

On 2020-08-19 at 1:51 AM, RazerXPrime said:

Something like this has probably been brought up, but I'd like to know why this game doesn't have an in-game player market where you can post stuff to sell or buy and let it work that way like other games have. It's much more convenient.

It's been brought up since the beginning of Warframe, it's still one of the biggest issues of the game, but DE are too stubborn to acknowledge that locking the most basic features behind busywork and spamming CTRL+V, ENTER in chat is NOT a social interaction. And lazy. Why bother when community can just create a missing chunk of the game for you for free?

The issue got even worse over the years because now trading chat is literally unusable due to constant riven delirium. Warframe.market is not a solution because:

1.) You have to be in-game, people who want to buy your stuff need wait for you to finish the mission and there's still stupid chores of going to dojo for trading.

2.) Even though every sane person is using warframe.market, it's not official part of the game so players aren't going to be taught about it in tutorials.

I wonder how many people just dropped the game early on because they thought everything is paywalled (slots restrictions for new players are really harsh).

I've glanced over the thread and I do agree that trading needs revisiting and a good cut and polish for streamlining.

The only things that come to mind are a dedicated Trade Board in the orbiter or having seperate channels for seperate things like rivens, mods, prime parts, misc parts, arcanes, tradable gems and alloys, Captura scenes, etc. So instead of seeing a sea of greedy tenno looking for that path to grofit. It's actually easier to buy and sell what you need

I've glanced over the thread and I do agree that trading needs revisiting and a good cut and polish for streamlining.

The only things that come to mind are a dedicated Trade Board in the orbiter or having seperate channels for seperate things like rivens, mods, prime parts, misc parts, arcanes, tradable gems and alloys, Captura scenes, etc. So instead of seeing a sea of greedy tenno looking for that path to grofit. It's actually easier to buy and sell what you need

20 hours ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Not sure how DE would implement something like that on their main game. Plus having something like this in game would just kill the trading experience and make getting things artificial. It’s like op is asking DE to just out right get rid of trading and create a market to just out right buy prime and riven stuff from DE:

Kind of. You can already buy primes and rivens from DE if you buy platinum for real money and then trade that platinum for items; the person getting paid actual money is DE. Streamlining the trading system would make this pay-to-win aspect of the game more obvious and might drive people away as a result. I did mention in a previous that this might be part of the reason for DE's inaction in this respect.

22 hours ago, (NSW)JJA209 said:

Have you played a game with something like this before? Like Guild Wars 2 for example? It's basically an integration of warframe.market and the game itself and removing the need to contact the player you're buying from directly. You will still buy from players (not from DE) for the amount they've requested. you just use a system that posts stuff you want to sell and you buy (anonymously) from other players through the in game market.

On 2020-08-19 at 1:07 AM, Klokwerkaos said:

This will never happen.

PoE and WF have both learned the lesson of WoW, if you have an auction house, your currency is worthless because bots take over.

PoE is FULL of bots. I decided to bait some a couple of weeks ago with cheap magic-finding items and had 300+ message me within 20 mins.

Maybe WF has bots too but they're harder to spot. Maybe I'M a bot.

Archived