Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR standing change is an insult to Mastery Rank

Deminisis

First let me say that the 7500 extra base standing is good for new players going through syndicates. When I saw that a Mr 29 got the grand total of 250 extra standing, it was a real kick in the face to people who value the few perks that we even had for high MR. Incentive for going past MR 16 is just becoming less and less with these senseless adjustments.

PLEASE keep the normal 1k increase per Mastery rank. Is an extra 7 or 8k standing really a problem? Is a MR 20+ going to break the game with more syndicate standing?

3 minutes ago, ZuroTheEvil said:

The standing cap was a bit unfair so its kinda understandable but that's one less reason to rank mr. Why even bother now, its pointless.

So, is eliminating more reasons to engage in playing warframe longer good for DE? You might not like it, but there is a number of people in the playerbase that value Mastery rank.

Why do we have daily login rewards? To get people to get on and play. Mastery is another layer of player Incentive to keep players playing.

37 minutes ago, Deminisis said:

So, is eliminating more reasons to engage in playing warframe longer good for DE?

Who cares... As long as it's good for The players... 

38 minutes ago, Deminisis said:

You might not like it, but there is a number of people in the playerbase that value Mastery rank.

Welp... Time to find another Arbitrary Progress Bar that is just as meaningless. 

39 minutes ago, Deminisis said:

Why do we have daily login rewards? To get people to get on and play. Mastery is another layer of player Incentive to keep players playing.

Incentive isn't the word I would use...

Incentive implies that it's desired... And I know I don't want to play Warframe longer than necessary.

hace 5 horas, Deminisis dijo:

First let me say that the 7500 extra base standing is good for new players going through syndicates. When I saw that a Mr 29 got the grand total of 250 extra standing, it was a real kick in the face to people who value the few perks that we even had for high MR. Incentive for going past MR 16 is just becoming less and less with these senseless adjustments.

PLEASE keep the normal 1k increase per Mastery rank. Is an extra 7 or 8k standing really a problem? Is a MR 20+ going to break the game with more syndicate standing?

i'm with you that the 250 extra standing "reajustment" is an insult to those of us that grinded the game to the bone so far. They should have gave every one an extra 2-5k standing per rank and be done with it... not like they hand out free standing any way.

hace 3 horas, Deminisis dijo:

MR matters less because we are now getting less standing increase per rank. Our cap essentially has not changed, but you have to understand that we now have smaller rewards for reaching this point.

In general if one didn't have the desire to rank up this change gives littel incetive to do so, but if some one wanted to get a 100% completion in the first place, it stil is a boost... so it realy depends on the player. What i find unacceptable is the: here's some 250 extra for the troble of geting almost every gear in the game and ranking it to the max... love ya pal keep it up. I would have rather they didn't give anything and said " We reajust the low end coz it took years to rank up " and i would have been fine with it.

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Who cares... As long as it's good for The players... 

Welp... Time to find another Arbitrary Progress Bar that is just as meaningless. 

Incentive isn't the word I would use...

Incentive implies that it's desired... And I know I don't want to play Warframe longer than necessary.

I respect your position not to engage in mastery rank, however, the only argument I'm seeing here is "I don't care, so no one should care either."

1 hour ago, Deminisis said:

I respect your position not to engage in mastery rank, however, the only argument I'm seeing here is "I don't care, so no one should care either."

Nope.... My argument is literally I just don't care....

I don't need any else to not care with me... It's not going to make the concept of MR any better.

Here's how I see it:

If MR not mattering is the real issue then you can offer a different solution than hogging all the standing cap for yourself.

But if Standing is the real issue then just say you want more Standing.

hace 44 minutos, RazerXPrime dijo:

So the question actually is, is there any player that now has less max standing than before? Because that would suck. If max standing hasn't changed negatively for anyone then what are we talking about?

Lack of feeling rewarded by the developer in base of the loyalty and time dedicated to the game is the basic setiment here.

MR is not important but instead of giving more standig cap to the low end they gave every one a bit .... mr 29 gets a spit in the eyes with 250 (thats basicaly 1 extra fish ) and they call it a day. MR 28 isn't any better either.

These are the players that have grinded (or paid most plat) to get where they are. It's not elitism is ... don't give somthing just to say you gave somthing vibe. <--- like i said previously i would have been fine with them giving out +5k(or ajustable i don't rly care) to every one up until 15 and not get anything than get somthing symbolic 

2 minutes ago, kaotis said:

Lack of feeling rewarded by the developer in base of the loyalty and time dedicated to the game is the basic setiment here.

MR is not important but instead of giving more standig cap to the low end they gave every one a bit .... mr 29 gets a spit in the eyes with 250 (thats basicaly 1 extra fish ) and they call it a day. MR 28 isn't any better either.

These are the players that have grinded (or paid most plat) to get where they are. It's not elitism is ... don't give somthing just to say you gave somthing vibe.

I understand, but I think it's better this way because it gives better progression and less grind requirements. Sure you get less by gaining MR, but that's all entitlement getting in the way of the greater good. It's a pointless complaint in my opinion. If I was MR 29, which I am not, I couldn't care less. Hell I wouldn't even care if they disconnected standing from MR and gave everyone the max standing right off the bat.

Would these people still be upset if they had quit Warframe? I mean that would be true entitlement speaking then. Getting upset while even not doing anything with it.

It's the "Yeah, but I worked so hard for X and now that other person is getting this for free" complaint. It's the person that doesn't want others to have what they have so they can feel special about it. You say it's not elitism, but I think it is deep down. If you start the game now you wouldn't know any better and probably be happier with it.

22 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I understand, but I think it's better this way because it gives better progression and less grind requirements. Sure you get less by gaining MR, but that's all entitlement getting in the way of the greater good. It's a pointless complaint in my opinion.

I take it you're mentioning the minimum achievable standing per day for an MR 0 or so on. So an MR 0 gets 8500 a day. This is great. New players can enter a open world area and do a lot more in a day before the game says "that's enough progression for you." For all intensive purposes, this "greater good" has been achieved by allowing low MR players more daily progression.

But then what happens?

We begin seeing increments of 750 standing per rank. Why the sudden 250 reduction? Anyone before this update would get 1,000 per rank. 250 might not sound like much, but then you multiply the 29 current ranks and you get 7,250 daily standing lost. Its kinda like getting told you're getting smaller pay raises at work because they upped the minimum wage. I don't think anyone wants a pay raise cut.

46 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

It's the "Yeah, but I worked so hard for X and now that other person is getting this for free" complaint. It's the person that doesn't want others to have what they have so they can feel special about it. You say it's not elitism, but I think it is deep down. If you start the game now you wouldn't know any better and probably be happier with it.

I really want to separate this free stuff  that I earned part. This is different than feeling entitled to my earned standing. They can have what I have like this, but we're all loosing reward incentive here. The bottom line was raised up but now the rise is flatter. Moving past MR 30 only means less to gain than before. I don't like this.

4 minutes ago, Deminisis said:

I take it you're mentioning the minimum achievable standing per day for an MR 0 or so on. So an MR 0 gets 8500 a day. This is great. New players can enter a open world area and do a lot more in a day before the game says "that's enough progression for you." For all intensive purposes, this "greater good" has been achieved by allowing low MR players more daily progression.

But then what happens?

We begin seeing increments of 750 standing per rank. Why the sudden 250 reduction? Anyone before this update would get 1,000 per rank. 250 might not sound like much, but then you multiply the 29 current ranks and you get 7,250 daily standing lost. Its kinda like getting told you're getting smaller pay raises at work because they upped the minimum wage. I don't think anyone wants a pay raise cut.

I really want to separate this free stuff  that I earned part. This is different than feeling entitled to my earned standing. They can have what I have like this, but we're all loosing reward incentive here. The bottom line was raised up but now the rise is flatter. Moving past MR 30 only means less to gain than before. I don't like this.

But you didn't lose this max standing because you gained the base bonus standing as well. No one lost anything. Everyone gained. Even you. It's just now that people gain less at rank up, but they will still have more max standing than they had before the update. I don't see how this is a valid complaint at all.

I mentioned this in another thread about the same thing. I feel that standing is a dumb rank up reward. I would rather see the MR system be revamped to have actual meaning and rewards. I really don't care right now for getting more standing cap at rank up. Sure I can do more grinding in a single day. That's not a reward at all.

2 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

But you didn't lose this max standing because you gained the base bonus standing as well. No one lost anything. Everyone gained. Even you. It's just now that people gain less at rank up, but they will still have more max standing than they had before the update. I don't see how this is a valid complaint at all.

I mentioned this in another thread about the same thing. I feel that standing is a dumb rank up reward. I would rather see the MR system be revamped to have actual meaning and rewards. I really don't care right now for getting more standing cap at rank up. Sure I can do more grinding in a single day. That's not a reward at all.

It levels out at MR 30, but at MR 31 I will have 31750 instead of 32000. That is loss.

I want the MR system revamped too, but at this point I'm just trying to keep the food scraps DE throws on our plate safe.

Just now, Deminisis said:

It levels out at MR 30, but at MR 31 I will have 31750 instead of 32000. That is loss.

I want the MR system revamped too, but at this point I'm just trying to keep the food scraps DE throws on our plate safe.

I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as MR31.

13 hours ago, Deminisis said:

MR matters less because we are now getting less standing increase per rank.

Yeah, and that's a good thing. The less MR matters, the happier I'll be - and this is coming from an MR29 player. Mastery Rank is a terrible system on its face, because it pushes people into levelling up and throwing away weapons without ever giving them a chance and often without even firing them once. MR is fine as a "collector's rank." It doesn't need other significant benefits beyond that.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

Personally the odd 750 I have is starting to bug me. 1000 per rank was fine. They could've just increase the base standing to 5000 plus the 1000 per MR if they found it to be an issue. 

So you rather get 0 at start and 1000 at every rank rather than an amount at start and less at every rank, effectively lowering your overall max standing? So you're saying you prefer less max standing?

I mean it all breaks even at MR30. So every rank under MR30 has more standing than it previously had even though you're gaining less per rank.

I don't see how people don't grasp this is an increase in max standing for everyone! Well except when you're MR30 because then you will have the same as you had before.

10 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

So you rather get 0 at start and 1000 at every rank rather than an amount at start and less at every rank, effectively lowering your overall max standing? So you're saying you prefer less max standing?

I mean it all breaks even at MR30. So every rank under MR30 has more standing than it previously had even though you're gaining less per rank.

I don't see how people don't grasp this is an increase in max standing for everyone! Well except when you're MR30 because then you will have the same as you had before.

Re-read what I posted

Just now, (PS4)deathwolfclaw666 said:

Re-read what I posted

Yes you complained about the 750 and wanted the 1000 and then said if they had an issue they should increase base standing and keep the 1000 per level. But thing is DE doesn't want to increase the total maximum, but they do want to help new players without gimping those that already have high MR. They did just that. Everyone now has increased max standing. And people complain that it isn't 1000 per level anymore.

So my question to you is, do you rather have less max standing and keep the 1000 per level?

Archived