Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Avichaea is still near impossible to get

Tamatu

I've run several captures for the avichaea at this point, and they only spawn like 1 out of 4 times. I find the poo, do the tracking (starting footprints are bugged btw) call it, use ivara stealth 100% of the time not to scare them off, get on highground and start scopig everywhere I can with the rifle, but nothing to be seen anywhere. They might straight up spawn outside of the map or inside of it, but they are sure as heck not spawning where they are supposed to. I am using all of the enemy radar mods in existence on Ivara plus the primed animal instinct on my companion, and sometimes there is nothing in the area according to the radar. Only found a few of them so far, and what hurts is that one was not even the common one that I need for the rankup. That one time the green Kdrive beast just straight up spawned instead of the avichaea on top of the platform.

Please hotfix it, it's literally bottlenecking the entire progression of the syndicate as you need the birdies to rank up. Just remove captures from it until you fix it or fix it asap, but it cannot stay like this.

I've seen quite a few others having similar if not the same issues as I had in several hour-old posts. There was a hotfix not that long ago that just did not even address or mention the issue of the entire son standing which is beyond me seeing how literally everyone is telling you how many issues there are with it.

6 minutes ago, Tamatu said:

enemy radar

Didn't check after the latest hotfix, but not all Deimos Conservation targets show up on the minimap, alas.

Also, when I went after those birds, they were hovering in the air far above, thank Clem for Helios pointing them out to me 😛

The spawning on these are way out of wack, not only are they near the same colour of the terrain, but they often spawn so far up it is crazy. I haver personally just stopped doing the specific hunts, and just drive around in archwing with the tranq out and listen for the beep. And then just tag whatever i can, rarely have i found those so called birds, because oh boy do they blend in.

5 minutes ago, Fluttershy93 said:

not only are they near the same colour of the terrain, but they often spawn so far up it is crazy

Yeah I forgot to mention it, but they blend in a lot.

It also doesn't help how small they are and how the scanner makes you zoom in and it only blinks and doesn't do a proper constant animal wallhack. All of these combined just make for a near impossible catch.

The brids are currently broken IMO, and gating Helminth behind them was a really, really terrible idea.  After spending 3+ hours looking for them finding only 1 of them total, I've shelved Warframe again until this is addressed. Its just super janky and deeply unfun in its current state, and gating major progression behind it is a total motivation killer.

Gating niche content behind something super-rare like this is fine.  Gating a major system that was one of the core hype generators for this update...not so much.

I've only done a few runs, but I've never had any success at the Cerebrum Magna spawnpoint.  That's the one where the droppings don't actually have any tracks by them.  You just have to look at the map and find the yellow circle and guess.  It takes you inside this weird... cave thing, with blue-white particles floating out of the ground.

Even on finding the lure points, I wasn’t able to get it to spawn. Or at the very least find it. For this to be a lock to Rank 3 is beyond irritating. 

I’d prefer it if the avichaea req was removed from the rank up, but it’d be for the best if the issue of their spawn rate and location was solved. Maybe even increase the amount that spawn per lure point, like pobbers. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)HolyWarriorofGod said:

Even on finding the lure points, I wasn’t able to get it to spawn. Or at the very least find it. For this to be a lock to Rank 3 is beyond irritating. 

I’d prefer it if the avichaea req was removed from the rank up, but it’d be for the best if the issue of their spawn rate and location was solved. Maybe even increase the amount that spawn per lure point, like pobbers. 

It needs to be addressed.  Until it does, go for the more central tracking point if it spawns, and look straight up.

yeah this is a ball buster...spent 4 hours today hunting for the Avichaea. Farmed fish in between times as with hot keys can jump between fishing spear and tranq but the lures do diddly squat.

They make a nice sound and you get an answer but then where are the dammed critters ???? stand still hunt keep sqawking with the lure makes no difference. Finally had a spawn and would you believe they spawn in the same space as the dammed floating tendril face huggers just as I shoot them when they rush towards me. So finally the first spawn and blasted to kingdom come...have to laugh really as if this was an accident it certainly takes the biscuit. if it was an extra level of difficulty we have to wrap our heads around then I give up.

Literally 100% spawn rate every time I've hunted.

Hell, I even found out even they can spawn wild, at least in certain far-reaches of the map.. but that's so incredibly rare or position-situational I've only noticed it happen exactly once since launch.

You folks never hunted a Mergoo out on the plains by any chance?

11 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Literally 100% spawn rate every time I've hunted.

Literally 0% spawn rate for the far southwest lure points, and I've tried about 5 times. Plus the tracks don't show up at the trail start, so unless you know exactly where all the possible lure points are, you get to spend a whole lot of time blindly running around the target area looking for the trail.

I've stumbled upon more rare unlured species looking for "Common" Avichaea than I have the damn avichaea. They're tiny, the call & tracking points are impossible to find, and they like to spawn inside of rocks if you do manage to find them. 3 hours of work and I have TWO, one of which I found randomly before I got a lure (silly me, I thought it would help.)

What intern did the Deimos conservation?

6 minutes ago, Vulture051 said:

I've stumbled upon more rare unlured species looking for "Common" Avichaea than I have the damn avichaea. They're tiny, the call & tracking points are impossible to find, and they like to spawn inside of rocks if you do manage to find them. 3 hours of work and I have TWO, one of which I found randomly before I got a lure (silly me, I thought it would help.)

What intern did the Deimos conservation?

I was just about to say that following the tracks is freaking hard to follow. Also had another one slowly float into the terrain again! manages to get it at the last moment.

I'm really hating that syndicate progress for the feature the expansion was pretty much sold on is locked behind a mechanic like this. If some people like capturing animals then great, you'll love this update but I thought I'd be getting cool new weapons and fighting cool new enemies and using the new helminth feature instead of spending hours and hours flying about trying to find creatures that either have a ridiculously low spawn rate (and an ironic name) or are being killed too quick by nearby enemies to actually get caught.

This has literally sucked away the hype I had for this update and I can safely say this is the least fun I've had in a game for quite some time (and this is from someone that plays Destiny 2!).

Dissapointing.

1 hour ago, Soulscythe911 said:

I'm really hating that syndicate progress for the feature the expansion was pretty much sold on is locked behind a mechanic like this. If some people like capturing animals then great, you'll love this update but I thought I'd be getting cool new weapons and fighting cool new enemies and using the new helminth feature instead of spending hours and hours flying about trying to find creatures that either have a ridiculously low spawn rate (and an ironic name) or are being killed too quick by nearby enemies to actually get caught.

This has literally sucked away the hype I had for this update and I can safely say this is the least fun I've had in a game for quite some time (and this is from someone that plays Destiny 2!).

Dissapointing.

I love conservation, and trying to get Avichaea tags is so utterly soul crushing it's making me hate not just this update, but Warframe in general. I'm seriously considering switching to something else for the next few months

I hate capturing in general.  I've captured the weakened variants of all the cats and dogs.  I have yet to locate an avichea.  When I do track them down, they don't show up.  Insanely frustrating that I'm being stopped by a common animal capture and I have captured what are supposed to be far rarer creatures.  Without lures and tracking.

I found some near the Manga. They were nowhere near the call point. Were like 130 meters away, floating in a group of 3, over the hills by Mother. I spotted them by flying up in archwing and desperately looking down for movement in the air. Hope this helps those stubbornly trying to find them.

P.S. The tracking point can also spawn in a cave near the Prospect. I've had more luck when I find that node.

Addendum: It seems I may have just run into a wild group as a coincidence, rather than the spawned creature. Apparently they spawn wild in groups of 3.

OK..Discovered the solution. Go Public game as so many of us are having such a poor chance to get them to spawn.

I ran with a group of 3 other strangers but we sped to a known tracking point and we knew the call point., So gather at the first point then we speed to the call point. use the lure..hunt for 2 minutes and if not found return to the exit/entry hall. Area with the huge energy void ball but not exit past the second door leading to Mother etc. When all 4 of the team have gathered the first door closes. So then go back and repeat. We all got our Avichaea reasonably fast despite the bugs. No time wasted running solo to find that when it spawned it was inside a rock etc..

On successful capture we also ran back to the exit entry hall and just repeated the process. Sadly this is not Playing! This is simply a way to get something to progress. 

Running solo it is just very hard when there are so many issues. I will also add that the lures were working properly in a team but not once did the lure work as intended running solo. use the lure to call and then the range parameters narrow to be more precise. Worked every time in a team but in my case never has it operated correctly when in solo play. 

It's not that bad to be honest. I just spent an hour or so flying around with my dart gun out, looking for the pings, and I got 7. Plus a whole bunch of various animals.

Yeah, the spoor spawning places are bugged. Just ignore them. The bird-things like to spawn in groups of 2-3 from what I saw, so getting 5 isn't difficult. Plus, again, you get various other animals for the tokens. 🙂

This 90 minutes run includes going AFK, checking videos & forums, and trying 3 lure locations.

J7xaGLk.png

On 2020-08-26 at 8:28 PM, (PS4)HolyWarriorofGod said:

There has to be someone from the development team who is a complete sadist and reads the forums often, there is no other explanation.

Archived