Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the most ridiculous reasons someone accused you of being toxic?

o0Despair0o

I joined a mission with a newish player, mobile defense, they were plodding along at walk speed opening every locker, looting every single container, I am pretty much 90% of the damage, giving this player a free ride but due to their speed I wait at the console, pickup the key before they can and go full speed to the next waypoint.

they say nothing still walking along, killing every enemy, smashing every box, opening every locker before they get to me the console is hacked, full speed to the next one, done they still aren't in sight, mission complete I head to the exit player still nowhere to be seen, so I extract us.

then get a wall of abuse that I am "playing the game wrong", "am toxic", "am a b!tch" etc expletive etc

that is the single and only negative experience I ever had almost every other group people have been friendly

3 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

I joined a mission with a newish player, mobile defense, they were plodding along at walk speed opening every locker, looting every single container, I am pretty much 90% of the damage, giving this player a free ride but due to their speed I wait at the console, pickup the key before they can and go full speed to the next waypoint.

they say nothing still walking along, killing every enemy, smashing every box, opening every locker before they get to me the console is hacked, full speed to the next one, done they still aren't in sight, mission complete I head to the exit player still nowhere to be seen, so I extract us.

then get a wall of abuse that I am "playing the game wrong", "am toxic", "am a b!tch" etc expletive etc

that is the single and only negative experience I ever had almost every other group people have been friendly

When i started the game (on this account) i mostly played solo, so i could explore and open all lockers and containers at my leisure and to not be a burden/waste of time to other people. Of course, since everyone uses nukers and my existence/contribution or lack thereof is pointless, i might as well just leave them to it and open some damn lockers. The mission will get done, no rush. Maybe they don't like it, but nobody has started whining about it, at least not yet.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Yggranya said:

When i started the game (on this account) i mostly played solo, so i could explore and open all lockers and containers at my leisure and to not be a burden/waste of time to other people. Of course, since everyone uses nukers and my existence/contribution or lack thereof is pointless, i might as well just leave them to it and open some damn lockers. The mission will get done, no rush. Maybe they don't like it, but nobody has started whining about it, at least not yet.

You should then stick to solo missions then. You are slow and you are wasting their time if 3/4 are waiting for you. They may not complain, but they are thinking of you as being selfish. 

A few years ago on hydron, I was a bit tired and talking to some friends so my reactions weren't exactly on point. We finish wave 5 and a banshee starts popping her sound quake. The extract/fight screen pops up, and it takes me a few seconds to push the button to continue. The banshee at this point is about 1/4 drained of their energy, despite having no resonating quake (I think this might've been before the augment existed even). Despite the small loss of energy, they blame me for it, telling me I just cost them however much energy, followed by a swift mute and quit. Certainly one of the more interesting interactions I've had with someone

not reviving their pet

not reviving them

not using aoe abilities to map wipe so their weapons level up

using saryn's Venom Dose augment to give Sancti Castana Trins corrosive damage 

-

Spoiler

ok maybe that last one was a bit trollish but it was funny AF when they couldn't figure out why they kept killing themselves and eventually would rage quit

19 hours ago, Softballbryan said:

You should then stick to solo missions then. You are slow and you are wasting their time if 3/4 are waiting for you. They may not complain, but they are thinking of you as being selfish. 

Now that is just adorable. Also, yes, i do play alone. Just an example of how other people ruin every game, as is the norm.

I've had a few instances of being called "Toxic" most were just sad but there were some standout ones. 

Playing a Shadows Nekros! This was interesting cause at first this chap asked quite politely to stop using my shadows cause it slows down spawns (Pretty sure they don't) but I said also politely, "No, sorry! my Nekros is built for shadows. :(" to which he said that's okay but after a few mins again he asked me to stop using shadows, then got mad when I said no again. called me plenty of buzzwords and a awful player then promply left after the next set of waves.  It's rather minor but it was super interesting to see him drop the mask cause I wouldn't do what he said... hmm. 

I'll edit when I remember more of them. 

2 hours ago, Mediloric said:

I've had a few instances of being called "Toxic" most were just sad but there were some standout ones. 

Playing a Shadows Nekros! This was interesting cause at first this chap asked quite politely to stop using my shadows cause it slows down spawns (Pretty sure they don't) but I said also politely, "No, sorry! my Nekros is built for shadows. :(" to which he said that's okay but after a few mins again he asked me to stop using shadows, then got mad when I said no again. called me plenty of buzzwords and a awful player then promply left after the next set of waves.  It's rather minor but it was super interesting to see him drop the mask cause I wouldn't do what he said... hmm. 

I'll edit when I remember more of them. 

Yeah, they don't, and many of us use builds that depend on them to negate damage, for our survival. They also draw enemy fire, so the rest of the squad doesn't usually take as much damage either. He was probably standing on a box or something while he was ranting. 🤷‍♂️

Archived