Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the most ridiculous reasons someone accused you of being toxic?

o0Despair0o

1 hour ago, o0Despair0o said:

So, we all have met someone at some point who claims all sorts of things for no apparent reason.

Today, I was called "toxic".

But the thing is, I didn't do anything that would justify this.

Here's some background:

I rushed the Necramech because I couldn't wait any longer. Turns out the Mausolon in an Archgun, and you can switch between them. Now, I *could* use my Ayanga or Gratter, but I really wanted a new heavy machine gun other than the oversized Soma.

However, with all the XP bugs surrounding necramechs (xp resetting if you re-sommon the mech, etc. which still haven't been fixed) I decided to level the Mausolon in Archwing defense, like I did all the other guns.

So I decided to play on Salacia, a mobile defense with decent enemy spawns and easy defense locations. if you ever played on this map you probably know how easy it is, and that Elytron's AoE or Amesha's shield-bubble pretty much do all the work.

Anyway, in order to increase spawns and accelerate leveling, I decided to join a public match. And as expected, everyone was running off killing things, ignoring the objective. Understandable, everyone has Amesha nowadays, slap that bubble on the defense target and off you go - no worries. I did the same.

After that, joined another match on the same map. Same thing again. Pop bubble, run off, profit. Everyone did it, except for one guy.

And then, well, just look at the screenshot...

OC0iw1V.jpg

So basically this guy was getting pissed because "muh affinity". When really, he could have done what everyone does - kill stuff to get XP. This ain't Hydron, if you want XP, you gotta move a little, since enemies tend to get stuck everywhere.

At the end of the day this is just nother case of "damn randoms not doing what I say, everyone is stupid" but I just thought this one was kinda funny.

So, what's the most ridiculous reasons someone accused you of something in-game?

I see why you're upset, but 90% of the reason why people do that mission is for the affinity farm. So wanting everyone to be in affinity range is understandable.

The small map size almost forcing people to stay in affinity range is why Hydron is so popular.

And if the thing you are trying to level is an archmelee weapon specifically, 'just go kill everything' isn't really a valid counterpoint lol. Archmelee still sucks.

5 minutes ago, Danielw8 said:

when i call someone to bring a usefull warframe for the mission, the fist example i have in my head inaros in excavation arbitration.

At this point im almost muted on everygame, internet in 2020 is so cute/tender

Did they at least not die lol?

6 minutes ago, _Tormex_ said:

Did they at least not die lol?

Actually yes! i saw some inaros dying against lvl 100, i guess they was afk.

At this point warframe need 3 things really easy to do

1- Pause the mission in a group, 5min 10min 15min i dont know how many time, but we need it for long runs

2- A way to switch warframes and gear inside of the mission before first objetive is complete or at least in the first min (this helps a lot in eidolon hunts for example)

3- A chance to get back all resources after crash or disconnect, the fear to do long runs ...

PD:  internet in 2020 LUL

You really shouldn't take it seriously when anyone says something mean to you over the internet.
I don't want to be the guy that keeps repeating the old saying, but I'll do it anyway.

Sticks and stone may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Correct, "reeee, Wukong is useless" 

I've gotten that for just being Mag.  Someone in a defense mission "reee!-ed" out because I used Polarize with Counter Pulse to revive someone.  (I hadn't been using it up to that point because I was trying to level a Moa or something.)  They flipped out that I was "making the defense take longer, Mag sucks almost as much as Slow Nova."  Like... really?  The enemies stop moving for like five seconds.  During which they're also completely helpless and just waiting to get shot.  And that's assuming they survived, any of them in clumps just sort of explode on each other and die a lot of the time.  At least at the level of Hydron.

I've also gotten rude tells for playing as Nehza and Hildryn (mostly down to someone being "grossed out" by their body type, I guess?)  And also the few times I've teamed as Volt because I *DON'T* use Speed.  (The spastic changes in movement speed make me seriously nauseous.  I can tolerate Wisp and Nehza because the boost doesn't feel as massive and lasts longer.)  And in general I've gotten rude tells for playing any Warframe whose powers the jerk in question doesn't understand (so basically any of them.)  There's a reason why I tend to prefer to do everything solo as often as possible now.

I once had an Equinox who was parkouring back and forth in ESO mad because I wasn't Roaring him (I was instead Roaring the Saryn who was standing still like a person who wanted to get buffed).

Speaking of Saryn, the only other time I had somebody mad at me was for playing Saryn.

Personally, I get mad whenever Nekros players use their four but I don't say anything about it in chat. But on the inside I'm toxic.

1 minute ago, kgabor said:

I'm seriously surprised only one out of all the answers were trade chat related.

Since the places you're going to be called toxic most often is either trade chat or the forum.

Unless maybe if you play Eidolons.

I barely use Trade Chat personally.  I don't bother to sell anything, because selling sucks and I don't trust platinum I didn't buy myself.  Even if it's rare, the chance of some of MY platinum going poof because someone else is lying scum doesn't appeal to me.  If I want to buy something I figure out a reasonable price, make maybe two posts offering to buy it at that price.  No responses?  Turn off trade chat and try again in a few days.  (Unless I forget to try again, which frequently happens.)  As far as I know the Rivens I have aren't worth selling, and any that are worth having also cost far, far more than I'm willing to pay.

Someone asked for my build on a weapon and called me toxic for using a riven.

Someone called me toxic for going saryn. Some people just turn into complete #$&(% bags if you use something good. Honestly, if you have an issue with how or what other people play, just go to recruit to go find your special squad that follows your incessant whining.

1 hour ago, stormy505 said:

Someone asked for my build on a weapon and called me toxic for using a riven.

Someone called me toxic for going saryn. Some people just turn into complete #$&(% bags if you use something good. Honestly, if you have an issue with how or what other people play, just go to recruit to go find your special squad that follows your incessant whining.

This community hates rivens lol. Either they can't get the ones they want or they just hate that their game isn't stuck in 2014 good ole days anymore, who knows.

Archived