Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo Necramechs are a nightmare

(PSN)Norgath182

Having done several solo isolation vault runs, I've found them to be aggravatingly unbalanced towards solo attempts. I've determined several reasons as to why this is:

Primarily, the necramechs rarely ever face away from me giving me few opportunities to damage them, whereas in a squad players can alternate between damaging it and distracting it. Another issue is that with multiple mechs, one often CC's me when I get a chance to damage the other, even with abilities that give me status immunity. Similarly, their Necraweb ability has no visual AOE indicator, making it hard to avoid as well as having no way to avoid it.

As such, I think that if they could be changed to stand still and not turn at some point, perhaps when using their abilities, that would solve many of the above problems without changing their overall difficulty.

3 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

As with most hard-ish content, either you have a good frame/strat/cheese combination, or you play with a team.

It's not even hard, it's outright broken content.

And during the bounty only the infested arena portion is actually fun, and if I need to do it with Octavia I am not having fun myself, so the whole bunty is anti fun backtracking for people who would like to do the content with a suboptimal gear not intended to just faceroll the content.

But yeah the solution is to let the people willing to faceroll the content carry you while you try to fight the absolute boredom of it.

Actually it's easier than what you're making it out to be and it has to do with approach and loadout.  

1) You're on console so sniping the crit is a hell of a lot harder than on PC so: for weapons, go with something that has splash damage: I recommend Shedu as it's worked great for me and go Radiation.  Go ahead and aim for the arms to take them out if you like (makes things easier) but the key to the back-crit is to have the Mech near terrain/walls/obstacles (which isn't hard in the vaults) and then shoot that instead of the Mech, the splash damage will then hit the crit-spot on the back.  (Shedu also great for this because Ammo is not an issue).  I also found that having an elevation advantage helps as you can just aim for the top of the head and hit the crit-spot.

2) Single Mechs take longer than multiple Mechs because: Rad-Procs!  When you get to the 2nd and third vault, Rad-proc them and they'll fight it out till just one is standing, and they're fairly quick about it.  

3) Bring a frame that has survivability obviously.   

I question sometimes if I'm seeing frame-rates slowing down or if it's the web I'm under the effect of as there's zero visual indicator it seems.  Think I'll clip it next time to play-back and see.

it is kind of the problem.  Supposedly the necromechs are going to force players to be tactical, thoughtful and careful about fighting them.  You can't just use the same ole methods to one shot cheese them.

Except they are pretty much just an unbreakable wall for the players being tactical and thoughtful and the players that were using anything that trivializes all content only had a small chance of even having to blink when they roll over the necromechs.

If the necromechs were really supposed to change up gameplay then they underperformed and only caused problems for players that don't already roll over all content in the game.

If you don't want to cheese:

1. Take Loki
2. Subsume Limbo's Banish and replace Loki's Switch Teleport with it
3. Deploy Decoy somewhere up high
4. Banish the Decoy

The Necramech will spend its time focused on the Decoy which it can't harm because of it being banished. This leaves the weakpoints exposed for you to pick off more easily.

20 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

1. Take Loki
4. Banish the Decoy

The Necramech will spend its time focused on the Decoy which it can't harm because of it being banished. This leaves the weakpoints exposed for you to pick off more easily.

Pretty interesting way to make Decoy useful but if you are using Loki you can just stay in stealth and pick off weakpoints anyways?

When I did vaults I just threw a Exodia Contagion at it, dot ticks from direct hits seem to bypass all DR.

I use Trinity to strip necra armors with abatink link and cast Energy vampire to deals a lot of damage on them.

With her 4 and 3 you can survive while hitting with a piercing projectile weapon such as catchmoon

Subsuming one control ability and replacing her 1 offers area control but you really don't need it, she can heal objetives and defeat any enemy

On 2020-09-11 at 8:18 PM, Pizzarugi said:

1. Take Loki
4. Banish the Decoy

how is that not cheesing?

45 minutes ago, shadyadie said:

???? LOL I wasn't the one claiming it could. You were the one who brought up decoy and the mech focussing it and how that isn't 'cheesing' somehow but OK!

You're the one claiming an unkillable Decoy is somehow cheesing, are you not?

I'd think it'd be your responsibility to point out how distracting a Necramech is cheesing.

3 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

You're the one claiming an unkillable Decoy is somehow cheesing, are you not?

Am I being gaslit? That was literally your tactic. Yet somehow not 'cheesing'. I think we both have different definitions of cheesing so I'm just going to bow out now. I honestly don't care how these chumps are killed as long as they're dead. 🙃

20 minutes ago, shadyadie said:

Am I being gaslit? That was literally your tactic. Yet somehow not 'cheesing'. I think we both have different definitions of cheesing so I'm just going to bow out now. I honestly don't care how these chumps are killed as long as they're dead. 🙃

I'm the one being gaslit. You're implying that a banished Decoy is cheesing when I'm saying it's not.

On 2020-09-11 at 1:18 PM, Pizzarugi said:

1. Take Loki
4. Banish the Decoy

1 hour ago, shadyadie said:

how is that not cheesing?

So would you be so kind as to explain how that is cheesing? It doesn't instakill them like Octavia's Mallet or Stropha can. You still have to attack the weakpoints and worry about the damage reflection it may cast on itself.

Archived