Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else getting hit across the Rift as Limbo?

Traumtulpe

It's rare, but sometimes I take damage while in the Rift when it should be impossible. I'd welcome similar experiences or possible explanations.

I have 2 examples for you; Both from mobile defense missions (which I usually take Limbo for).

1. Grineer mission. I am standing outside of Cataclysm, in the Rift, while waiting for the mobile defense timer. Enemies shoot me, but deal no damage. Suddenly shield gating activates against my expectations - I double check that Stasis is active (so I am not being shot from inside Cataclysm), it is. Then I die. I never again take damage while in the Rift for the rest of the mission.
  2. Corpus mission. I am on my way to the defense objective, in the Rift. Suddenly shield gating activates, apparently from getting shot by a Moa. I keep running to the objective and don't take further damage.

Of course I could just be mistaken. In theory. But it keeps happening, if rarely.

I also noticed my pet getting damaged while it should be in the Rift, but this could potentially be explained with it walking into Cataclysm (which removes Rift status from it). Still, sometimes this doesn't appear to be the reason.

25 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Grineer mission. I am standing outside of Cataclysm, in the Rift, while waiting for the mobile defense timer. Enemies shoot me, but deal no damage. Suddenly shield gating activates against my expectations - I double check that Stasis is active (so I am not being shot from inside Cataclysm), it is. Then I die. I never again take damage while in the Rift for the rest of the mission.

T (R) E
T is you the tenno
(R) is your catacysm rift bubble
E is the enemy
while in the bubble you cant be hit
while outside the bubble enemies on the other side are able to still hurt you as the bubble do not act like a frost bubble as it only protects what is inside it while outside enemies can still hit you with there guns as when they shoot the bubble the bullets do not go into the rift so it remains in normal space an still able to hit you.
so you can still hit enemies from one side of the rift bubble like your enemies can.
Enemies do have abilities from the exmius an they can go through the rift

29 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

Corpus mission. I am on my way to the defense objective, in the Rift. Suddenly shield gating activates, apparently from getting shot by a Moa. I keep running to the objective and don't take further damage.

corpus missions have what alot of players reffer to as the silver skaters which can negate warframe powers an they can force limbo from out of the rift, making him able to be hit by any enemy

16 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

the bubble do not act like a frost bubble [...] negate warframe powers an they can force limbo from out of the rift

None of these are relevant, as I was in the Rift independently of Cataclysm (via dodge), and wasn't forced out of it at any point.

Archived