Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Nightwave actually leading somewhere, or is it just a seasonal thing like what Diablo 3 and other games do?

(XBOX)ParrotTom

Nightwave is another attempt to get sidestory happening in Warframe. They've tried it a few other ways, like with Sanctuary and synthesis targets, the Leverian- which itself started as the entries on different Warframes' codex pages- and Tactical Alerts. I do appreciate the attempts and have always enjoyed the modes, but they never really seem to stick with these for too long, and difficulty working because of Covid notwithstanding, it already feels like they're starting to lose interest in working on this one, as well.

Nightwave is temporary content to drive players to stay engaged rather than visit after enough new content or fixes are made. 

They have made most of the rewards available to late comers on intermission, but we will see if any of it gets revisited or recycled in the future. 

It seems like a pernicious way to generate fear of loss, but at least it's more content. Given the inability to keep it fresh and deliver on regular updates though, it was probably a mistake. They're making assets that aren't staying in the game.

It's an incentive machine. Do the tasks, get points, get enough points to get special tokens, trade tokens in for 'free' Orokin catalysts or nitain extract, etc.

I have noticed her picture getting fuzzier and fuzzier each week. I think she's dying or fading out?

Aunty Nora offered support while space-mom abandoned us, and now she's fading out of the picture too.

It makes me wonder, with so much emphasis on family in other areas of content, will the Tenno end up becoming fathers to a new generation of power somehow? Once our elders are passed on, it'll be left to us, all on our own, to work out what to do next. That's if a 'bad end' doesn't happen before then.

6 hours ago, (XB1)ParrotTom said:

I joined in late for the last two so the only things I really know about the series are Nora, the Wolf (don't know if he's still in the game), the Zeloid Prelate, and what's going on right now with the Glassmaker/ Nihil. No problems, just curious.

Wolf is still in game, but you need Wolf Beacons to spawn him, which are only available from Baro Ki'Teer.

Nightwave is basically just a seasonal thing, our own take on the Battlepass system that is the current hotness in games now. it encourages players to take part in all aspects of the game (regular missions, Open worlds and Railjack) in exchange for offering unique mods and cosmetics, as well as easy potatoes. 

unfortunately each season tends to outstay it's welcome, and it takes a long time to get a new season together, which leads to long intermissions (which are great for people who missed part or all of a season, but not so much for everyone else.). after Season 3 we can expect another Intermission, this time bringing back Emissary content (such as Protosomid Shoulder Guard, Maligna Two-Handed Nikana skin and the Emissary Operator suit). 

Archived