Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So When Will Fish Be Fixed? (It Has Been Years)

(PSN)Rainbow_Neos1

Since the release of Plains of Eidolon, fish have been an issue. They sure love to swim into rocks and into the map. Fast forward three years: Fortuna has this issue while PoE still has it. Now, with Deimos, we have fish spawning under the map AND swimming into it. These issues have yet to be addressed. How can you call any of your open worlds complete if we can't even experience all they have to offer without experiencing issues 80% of the time? This actually has me frustrated. Stop releasing content if you won't fix the obvious bugs in old content while you do, because it'll just deter new and old players. If you deter new players, your game dies. 

And yes, I know there are issues from five years ago being fixed now, but this isn't ok. I'm looking at you Loki with your energy color shading our screens apparently being a bug that has been there for years. Seriously? Do they play their own game? They would literally know if they just played Loki, but it apparently is an issue just because of Deimos? 

Yeah, this is one issue I really don't understand. Why would you even allow fish to swim under terrain anyway? I mean... On the grand scheme of things it's a mild irritation, but fishing in general is nothing if not a collection of mild irritations, coming together to form one big "Why even bother?" Deimos did a good job finally making me give up on the open-world minigames.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Seriously? Do they play their own game?

no, they don't - that's our job after all ^^)

tbh, i always though the 'loki-effect' was intentional... as for the fish-in-the-rock issue, i don't think they will ever fix this (or are able to do so without a major rework of the engine itself). a circumvention-fix could be if they would allow all spears to clip through all the boundaries too, then we could still catch those elusive fish buggers - ofc, the lengh of the spear-rope would still put a (needed) limit to our effords.

It actually started to broke when Plains of Eidolon remaster got released. Before that the fish has collision properties so they can’t just clipped through the terrain.

I guess DE doesn’t really care because it’s a “minor incovenience” bug so they can just ignore it.

10 hours ago, D_Caedus said:

That's how the game is, bcus they are a small team or whtever, get used to it.

I won't get used to it. Complacency is what will be the ruin of this game. They have over 300 staff. They need more if they're not going to keep up. We shouldn't just say "Small team: Oh well" because nothing will ever change that way. 

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

I won't get used to it. Complacency is what will be the ruin of this game. They have over 300 staff. They need more if they're not going to keep up. We shouldn't just say "Small team: Oh well" because nothing will ever change that way. 

I think that was sarcasm.

Funnily enough, I was half considering reporting this "bug" again a few days ago, but since it's been left alone for half a decade now despite multiple reports over multiple years, I can only assume that DE explicitly want fish to noclip through terrain. I've no idea why, but it's the only explanation that I can think of at this point.

5 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Funnily enough, I was half considering reporting this "bug" again a few days ago, but since it's been left alone for half a decade now despite multiple reports over multiple years, I can only assume that DE explicitly want fish to noclip through terrain. I've no idea why, but it's the only explanation that I can think of at this point.

Or they, in their infinite wisdom, can't. The engine they so elegantly chose could very well be incapable of solving this issue. That of course pushes the bigger point of the foundation of Warframe being Spaghetti code. If they can't fix it, they should be straight forward and tell us. Meanwhile... DE should honestly be working on rebuilding their game foundation. The horrible foundation is why so many issues arise from unrelated new code. A bunch of code touches on tons of other code. Hence why one fix creates two more problems elsewhere. Going back and rebuilding it all would make Warframe more enjoyable tbh. Unfortunately, their blind ambition and need to nerf wouldn't allow that. Maybe Tencent will crack the whip and get them moving on the important stuff. 

11 hours ago, Shaburanigud said:

I think that was sarcasm.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

It's one of the many excuses players use to defend DE when someone complains about the game being in a bad state.

You should see the white knights that come out in these forums defending them to death and condemning anyone who dares suggest a change or go against DE's decisions.

And no, they don't play their own game, that is evident when we see their builds on stream, or when they fail to realize things obvious to anyone, like how everyone would use Limbo in the sentient event.

People have been asking for them to fix the game for literal years, but DE is too busy designing new Warframes and repetitive gamemodes they call "content" to keep us busy.

So it's not sarcasm sadly, get used to it, that's how they roll, for whatever reason, you can ask for fixes in the forums, but between DE's white knights saying the game is perfect as it is and DE not listening it's difficult.

I'd rather put up with fish swimming into rocks forever if they'd just give us the option to disable the screenjacking of fishing and conservation for EVERY. SINGLE. THING.

5000 Vizier Predasites later, and I think it's a bit pointless to have, especially when some of your prey starts running away while your screen is locked out.

But still. They could just make fishing spears have infinite punch-through for terrain. They already prevented most/all of the shenanigans people were doing with fishing rods, and there are further ways they can limit it to prevent more shenanigans.

10 hours ago, Xarteros said:

I'd rather put up with fish swimming into rocks forever if they'd just give us the option to disable the screenjacking of fishing and conservation for EVERY. SINGLE. THING.

hahaha, yes - and to top this: getting killed by some mobs while you do yet-another-selfi-picture of your catch... last time i was mauled by a bloody runner ^^)

On 2020-09-27 at 7:59 PM, D_Caedus said:

You should see the white knights that come out in these forums defending them to death and condemning anyone who dares suggest a change or go against DE's decisions.

though maybe people like you should be more objective too - calling others who disagree with you fanboy or white knight (seriously what stupid labels that are... the fools who invented them should get spanked for this) isn't making your own point of view more belivable. the truth to such controversy is usually not because they will defend the devs from everything but because they don't mind those bug and (possible) design flaws as much as you do.

Really? You needed bugs to deter you from fishing? 

How about the fact that its mindless busy work and isnt remotely fun or interesting?

The fact that it exists and is mandatory to progress in these content islands is enough to deter anyone with a shred of self respect, new or veteran.

5 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

How about the fact that its mindless busy work and isnt remotely fun or interesting?

The fact that it exists and is mandatory to progress in these content islands is enough to deter anyone with a shred of self respect, new or veteran.

I enjoyed fishing in Cetus a lot. I don't think the four activities should be forced beyond building stuff like Deimos does, because near enough no one likes all four activities. 

9 hours ago, IIDMOII said:

It could be the straw that broke the camel's back. Suffering through boring, repetitive grindwork is one thing, but when the game actively breaks during this mindless drudgery? That might well be enough to push you over the edge.

Archived