Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why we can't use Kavat or Kurbrow cosmetics on deimos pets?

_Anise_

Is their any reason why we can't use kavat cosmetics on Vulpaphyla or kubrow cosmetics on predasites ??

I mean if I can make a kavat look like Maculatia skin why can't I do the same to the Vulpaphyla? this skin costs plat and its the same skeleton so why not ?

same thing for the Metus, I can make a kubrow look like that for plat why can't I do the same to the predasite which is the same skeleton?

I don't know why more people aren't vocal about this topic! surely fashion frame applies to pet? :3

56 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

They are neither Kavats nor Kubrows

technically not but still my Vulpaphyla got infected on planes of eidolon at night with the kavat Vasca virus and I can use Kavat mods on them so close enough

also what Hobie said same skeletons

13 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

They are neither Kavats nor Kubrows.

DE specifically says they are and they use the Kavat and Kubrow specific mods.
So while I get what you mean, it's neither relevant or helpful to this specific issue.

6 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Too many clipping issues with all the tentacles?

That would be my guess, as well. While Predasites and Vulpaphylas use the same character rig as Kubros and Kavats, respectively, their character models are quite different - generally bulkier and with more pointy bits. I suspect regular Kubrow and Kavat cosmetics just clipped with everything to an unacceptable degree. DE have a history of ploughing ahead with new content without any regard for backwards-compatibility with their preexisting systems

4 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

That would be my guess, as well. While Predasites and Vulpaphylas use the same character rig as Kubros and Kavats, respectively, their character models are quite different - generally bulkier and with more pointy bits. I suspect regular Kubrow and Kavat cosmetics just clipped with everything to an unacceptable degree. DE have a history of ploughing ahead with new content without any regard for backwards-compatibility with their preexisting systems

That makes a lot of sense, though when parts of their appearance are specifically modular, it seems like it should be slightly easier to fix.

And that's still ignoring the skins that replace geometry, as oppose to decorating it.

38 minutes ago, TheArcSet said:

And that's still ignoring the skins that replace geometry, as oppose to decorating it.

Those I can't speak to - haven't a real guess. Chances that all the additional customisation considerations were tabled for a later time. While DE did deliver what they promised - a mostly functional new update that wasn't horribly broken on release - there's still plenty of evidence of large chunks missing in a lot of places. Hopefully pet customisation is one of those.

8 hours ago, Roble_Viejo said:

The Helminth Charger Companion can be equipped with Armor (but not skins)

My helminth charger will take the skins... helminth pattern (default) Helminth degenerate (more deformed helminth skin) Drahk Kurbrow pattern (rhino looking thing) underbrush kurbrow pattern (kind of bat looking thing) and the helminth charger Metus skin it dosn't seem to take the regular kubrow furry skins though.

worth a mention premium metus will also go on any Kubrow but not currently onto predasite's and allows the use of cosmetic armor attachments

also worth noting the degenerate skin is an exception in the kubrow skins for armor since it has no head it will not accept any armor attachments!!

hace 1 hora, _Anise_ dijo:

My helminth charger will take the skins... helminth pattern (default) Helminth degenerate (more deformed helminth skin) Drahk Kurbrow pattern (rhino looking thing) underbrush kurbrow pattern (kind of bat looking thing) and the helminth charger Metus skin it dosn't seem to take the regular kubrow furry skins though.

worth a mention premium metus will also go on any Kubrow but not currently onto predasite's and allows the use of cosmetic armor attachments

also worth noting the degenerate skin is an exception in the kubrow skins for armor since it has no head it will not accept any armor attachments!!

Damn you're right! I didnt know

Even more reasons to why Deimos Companions should be able to use skins and armor

1 minute ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Even more reasons to why Deimos Companions should be able to use skins and armor

this is basically my whole argument! if the premium helminth charger meatus skin is allowed to go on Kubrows I don't see any reason why it can't go on predasites!

I'm glad someone finally started a thread on this because theres a trend I'd like to address: Modular gear and why dont they have skins.

This issue isnt exclusive to vulpaphylas and predasites. Modular weapons (outside of some of the zaws) cannot have skins applied to them. This means any zaw, kitgun, and/or deimos pet cant be made to look any better than it does upon build completion.

This has been an issue that the community brings up with literally every openworld expansion. And DE still cant seem to "hear" us out (I say "hear", because I'm certain they have seen the complaints, but they aren't doing anything to confirm that they've heard us). Skins for kitguns needed to be a thing a long time ago because those gun models are f*cking gross and not attractive in the least.

So, in summary; Its probably not gonna happen. If they let us run around with kitguns with how terrible those things look, I doubt DE will let us change the way or modular pets look. I hope I'm wrong! But past behavior of DE isnt very encouraging.

I want to use a vulpaphyla for harder missions since companions die so much but I really don't like how the vulpaphyla look, I can understand that modular pets have some limited skin customization via the antogen and mutogens so DE might think it doesn't need cosmetic skins but that little customization it isn't enough, most peoples pets will still look similar.

Just to reiterate premium cosmetics exist and are rigged and ready to go, those cosmetics already apply between different species types in other places, pretty sure it would be just flipping a switch to make them go on the Deimos pets similar with other modular items!

On 2020-10-04 at 7:44 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

That’s like saying Excalibur and Trinity are the same thing because they have the same animation rigs.

Absolutely not.

You and your similarly sized friend are obviously different. But if you strip off all your flesh, you're still going to be the same skeleton underneath and you still both move like a humanoid.

Archived