Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heart of Deimos: TennoGen: 29.3.2

[DE]Megan

updating visuals and adding tennogen is all good n stuff but wont help warframe in one bit if you guys wont fix the over all utterly boring gameplay and bugy waypoints. remember if sh:it is golden it is still sh:it please it hurts seeing warframe degrade so hard over the last few "content" patches.

Edited by mistsack
  • Like 1

On 2020-11-05 at 11:24 AM, Raitlor said:

@[DE]Megan

On May 20th, patch 27.5.4 was released, and with it, Garuda, Baruuk, Excalibur (Prime/Umbra), Valkyr (Prime), Wukong (Prime) and Titania (Prime) all lost the ability to properly utilize crit builds on their innate melee weapons. For all exalted melee weapons, the previously functioning Gladiator mod set bonus stopped working, and for Garuda, she also lost the functionality of Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds on her talons.

We have yet to hear any word on if this change was intentional and just unannounced, or if there is a bug happening here. If it is in fact a bug, we have had no word on if its even being looked into. Myself, I hope it is actually a bug, because I am sick of DE's ninja nerfs for frames and weapons that do not deserve to be kicked while they are down. If this was intentional, I would like to hear their reasoning for essentially deleting crit builds for all of these frames' innate melee weapons.

I have not played since May 22 upon learning that these mod interactions no longer function. I would like to return to the game, but knowing that this issue is just the tip of the iceburg, and seeing so many other issues go unnoticed and unfixed really puts a damper on that. I've been here since 2013, I am a Founder, and I am very disappointed that DE continues to just push out new, disjointed content without caring at all about the existing content and its functionality.

Seriously, how many times am I going to need to post this and get 50+ upvotes per post before you do something DE? WIll Garuda still be broken when her prime rolls around? Do you even care about these frames?

Seriously, this is borderline pathetic DE. Acknowledge the issue and say you'll be fixing it when you're able. Nobody's asking you to do anything more difficult than that to start with.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, -Augustus- said:

Seriously, this is borderline pathetic DE. Acknowledge the issue and say you'll be fixing it when you're able. Nobody's asking you to do anything more difficult than that to start with.

Are you a new member?

Let me elaborate that this is rhetorical.  Now, let me define why.

1) It took literally years for DE to fix a syndicate medallion spawning on a void sabatoge mission.  It was the one spawning on the first earth tile after the void portal, immediately to the right.  It spawned on a lower surface, with a texture spawning through that spot such that you could see the spawn without assistance, but because it was on an angle it could not be collected.

2) Around the same update we got the corpus ship rework...and 5 location spawn unobtainable.  That's 4 tiles, and 5 locations.  Only recently has one of these locations been identified by a DE staff member in another thread....and they stated it was being reviewed.  2 of 5 isn't good.

3) Zephyr.  It took literal years for the tornado ability to not make enemies caught in it invincible.  Note, completely invincible.  No damage transfer, if sniped it did nothing, and they even had a period after being suspended that they were invincible.

4) Literal years before having an excess of 100% status meant anything.  Likewise, years of heavily weighting to IPS for weapons, and wondering why status builds were niche.

5) etc....

I'm sure any veteran has their favorite thing that DE eventually decided was a bug.  I didn't state it, but self damage could also be highlighted.  Yeah...DE has no goals, very little focus on polish, and very little history of releasing finished and tested content.  It's amazing that Bethesda gets ripped a new one, when they've got similar pricing schemes to Warframe and similar levels of 60% delivery.  Please note, Fallout first is $8.33 per month.  If you get the $80 prime access only (all content), that's a little under $27 a month.  Then, that platinum can only be used on non-tennogen items (on PC).  This means you could spend $27 a month and another $7 for a single desired skin.  Holy Crap, DE wants you to pay out more than three times as much as Fallout First.

LET ME REPEAT, WARFRAME IS STRUCTURED TO COST IN EXCESS OF 3 TIMES AS MUCH A MONTH ON AVERAGE AS FALLOUT FIRST!!!

Now, why 60%?  Well, 30% is a scripted demo on rails.  50% is a system where mechanics work, but interactions are wonky; think alpha or pre-alpha.  75% is mostly working, but rough.  This would be the earliest thing that could be a beta.  90% is feature complete, stable, and importantly failures aren't CTD (crash to desktop).  60% is mechanics present, immensely buggy interactions, and buggy enough to crash software.  I don't know about you, but the Helminth has caused more forced restarts in the past two months than I had in the three prior years.  Yep....DE to a T.

Honorable mentions in the DE hall of shame.  Guides off the Lotus, and the drama.  Viver gate.  Scarlet Spear frame nerfs.  Mesa = auto-turret with 360 no-scope.  Literally having RNG map spawns have a wall obscuring a doorway needed to progress.  Missing textures.  Falling through the world.  Actually having your community demand an /unstuck command.  Nerfing loot frame interaction then selling a mod drop chance booster....etc...

If you really want to pretend they're free from this kind of garbage, then you're actively in denial.  This isn't a disappointment from DE, it's SOP (standard operating procedure).  They're welcome to take offense, but they enjoy the "primed salt" and "primed soon" memes.  If they can joke about them, then it'd show a fundamental lack of reality if they thought their track record of good releases was laudable.  You want to see how to do it right, go to Terraria.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Are you a new member?

Let me elaborate that this is rhetorical.  Now, let me define why.

1) It took literally years for DE to fix a syndicate medallion spawning on a void sabatoge mission.  It was the one spawning on the first earth tile after the void portal, immediately to the right.  It spawned on a lower surface, with a texture spawning through that spot such that you could see the spawn without assistance, but because it was on an angle it could not be collected.

2) Around the same update we got the corpus ship rework...and 5 location spawn unobtainable.  That's 4 tiles, and 5 locations.  Only recently has one of these locations been identified by a DE staff member in another thread....and they stated it was being reviewed.  2 of 5 isn't good.

3) Zephyr.  It took literal years for the tornado ability to not make enemies caught in it invincible.  Note, completely invincible.  No damage transfer, if sniped it did nothing, and they even had a period after being suspended that they were invincible.

4) Literal years before having an excess of 100% status meant anything.  Likewise, years of heavily weighting to IPS for weapons, and wondering why status builds were niche.

5) etc....

I'm sure any veteran has their favorite thing that DE eventually decided was a bug.  I didn't state it, but self damage could also be highlighted.  Yeah...DE has no goals, very little focus on polish, and very little history of releasing finished and tested content.  It's amazing that Bethesda gets ripped a new one, when they've got similar pricing schemes to Warframe and similar levels of 60% delivery.  Please note, Fallout first is $8.33 per month.  If you get the $80 prime access only (all content), that's a little under $27 a month.  Then, that platinum can only be used on non-tennogen items (on PC).  This means you could spend $27 a month and another $7 for a single desired skin.  Holy Crap, DE wants you to pay out more than three times as much as Fallout First.

LET ME REPEAT, WARFRAME IS STRUCTURED TO COST IN EXCESS OF 3 TIMES AS MUCH A MONTH ON AVERAGE AS FALLOUT FIRST!!!

Now, why 60%?  Well, 30% is a scripted demo on rails.  50% is a system where mechanics work, but interactions are wonky; think alpha or pre-alpha.  75% is mostly working, but rough.  This would be the earliest thing that could be a beta.  90% is feature complete, stable, and importantly failures aren't CTD (crash to desktop).  60% is mechanics present, immensely buggy interactions, and buggy enough to crash software.  I don't know about you, but the Helminth has caused more forced restarts in the past two months than I had in the three prior years.  Yep....DE to a T.

Honorable mentions in the DE hall of shame.  Guides off the Lotus, and the drama.  Viver gate.  Scarlet Spear frame nerfs.  Mesa = auto-turret with 360 no-scope.  Literally having RNG map spawns have a wall obscuring a doorway needed to progress.  Missing textures.  Falling through the world.  Actually having your community demand an /unstuck command.  Nerfing loot frame interaction then selling a mod drop chance booster....etc...

If you really want to pretend they're free from this kind of garbage, then you're actively in denial.  This isn't a disappointment from DE, it's SOP (standard operating procedure).  They're welcome to take offense, but they enjoy the "primed salt" and "primed soon" memes.  If they can joke about them, then it'd show a fundamental lack of reality if they thought their track record of good releases was laudable.  You want to see how to do it right, go to Terraria.

That doesn't mean we should stop asking them to fix stuff.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, -Augustus- said:

5 hours ago, Hawkeye2404 said:

That doesn't mean we should stop asking them to fix stuff.

I'm looking at these two thing.  Let me bold the part I'm having fun with.

Statement one is this is pathetic.  Statement two is that there isn't a mountain of bug reports....without knowing how many support tickets are filed.  Statement three is that I have asked to stop requesting more.

These are incompatible.  "Pathetic" as defined is the default response, so I ask if you're new to this.

Nobody is asking for fixes....except the huge bug thread which is largely ignored, or the support requests we have no transparency to.  Put bluntly, there's plenty of people asking for them to fix their crap.

I never asked you to stop requesting fixes.  Being blunt again, you should not.  That said, my point was and is that this is not new.  Take that for what you will.  Calling DE pathetic, then citing a strawman argument, is not going to win you favor.  Being fair, it's not like I'm free of doing the same, but I try to be less blatant about it.

• Like 2

Noticed that self-damage is still in the game with the Kuva Ayanga (rejoice Chroma mains for the Archgun fulfils your Vex Armor needs). I am not certain whether this is intentional or just an oversight with the weapon's splash damage. It is possible to proc Magnetic and Corrosive (as I assume other status effects) which, while being funny, can lead to some frustrating scenarios.

It seems to only happens when it is deployed in regular missions and isn't, as far I have seen, present on normal Archwing missions. Self-damage being removed was a welcomed, if not controversial, change. The long stagger animation that took its place however... sucks but that's another topic. The Kuva Ayanga still being able to deal self-damage/self-status proc needs to be addressed AND changed. Even if it is not a commonly used weapon, it is still a weapon that can lead to an early death. 

On another topic in regards to the Kuva Ayanga; why do Kuva Lich weapons have a MR requirement yet players who below that requisite can still acquire the weapon? It is content that is moderately difficult and should be locked behind a specific MR level not a quest.

Edited by GreyRechard
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

I'm looking at these two thing.  Let me bold the part I'm having fun with.

Statement one is this is pathetic.  Statement two is that there isn't a mountain of bug reports....without knowing how many support tickets are filed.  Statement three is that I have asked to stop requesting more.

These are incompatible.  "Pathetic" as defined is the default response, so I ask if you're new to this.

Nobody is asking for fixes....except the huge bug thread which is largely ignored, or the support requests we have no transparency to.  Put bluntly, there's plenty of people asking for them to fix their crap.

I never asked you to stop requesting fixes.  Being blunt again, you should not.  That said, my point was and is that this is not new.  Take that for what you will.  Calling DE pathetic, then citing a strawman argument, is not going to win you favor.  Being fair, it's not like I'm free of doing the same, but I try to be less blatant about it.

Did I need to bold "to start with" for you to see it? So sorry to have overlooked that.

17 minutes ago, -Augustus- said:

Did I need to bold "to start with" for you to see it? So sorry to have overlooked that.

You want to be pedantic....so it seems like you didn't read either, or the comprehension of intent is lacking.  Let's spend a lot of time responding to why, so you can understand why this is a stupid argument....by virtue of changing nothing.

Let me be real here, so you understand the scope.  

"Nobody's asking you to do anything more difficult than that to start with."

"Nobody's asking you to do anything more difficult than that to start with."

What is the difference?

Well, the pedantic person could argue that the first person cares about the action, while the second person cares about the talk.  That's really fair.  Now, when would we be best to focus on which?  Let's ask and answer some questions.

Does DE have a track record of actions following from their words?  -  No.  There's a page on the wiki about promises they made, that are not in game 4+ years later.

Does DE have the tendency to communicate fixes prior to patching?  -  No.  DE has a history of patch notes being the very first time a fix is even said to be worked on.

Does communication of an intention to fix mean action soon?  -  No.  The snarky response is melee 3.0.  The more intuitive is the announcement Blink was going to stop being a thing for Itzal, the backlash, the extended wait for a proposed new power, the implementation, the replacement with a Ripline knock-off, the forced cooldown, and the final implementation of a grind in railjack to unlock the Blink power without an extended cooldown.  

So....let's summarize.  We cannot believe their actions are going to match their words.  We cannot assume that the fixes being worked on are communicated, until they appear in patch notes.  Finally, communication of an intention can literally require years before implementation if ever.  Remember, we are still waiting for Raids to make a return, because it was announced they were not being removed, but retired, and every few months during a stream they suggest a new way they're looking at bringing them back....to no actual action.

What would it take?  That is to ask, what would DE have to do to actually announce a thing and immediately have support?  A time machine.  Let's cite one example.  In 2018 DE had hyped railjack.  They introduced it with the Fortuna expansion.  They demonstrated going out on Fortuna, showed an Orb Mother, and stated it would require something special to defeat them.  They then used a tool, and called down the railjack.  It flew onto the scene, and the tenno boarded.  They then flew up into space, and were lined up to fight against enemies in orbit.  Great.

It's been more than two years.  Let's review the promises and reality.

Orb Mothers - Not available on release.  First one required no unique items, only the existing archguns with a modification to work on the ground.  Still awaiting a third.

Railjack - Content island, with literally no interaction with Fortuna.

Summonable Railjack - Just nope.

Why does this matter?  The short answer is that you are asking for DE to make another promise.  All words, no content.  Hopefully you get it....but let me be clear.  I did not highlight the last bit because DE hasn't earned it as a minimum.  They've spent years proving that promises are not trustable from them.  If you believe otherwise, then fine.  I cannot ask for other people to learn from what has been demonstrated....only to spend hundreds of words highlighting what is easily observable, to explain why promises are cheap.  I cannot even believe that anyone with more than a cursory history of DE's promises would suggest the minimum bar is another one....but consider me impressed.  It's interesting seeing that flying pig....and I hope the bacon made upon impact is still edible.

• Like 3

In a Discussion on Steam a fellow player shared a tale of something that has recently happened to him in Warframe. I just thought I'd share it here:

I joined a random pub Railjack team and before I was able to do anything I was bombarded with hate messages from the other players.
Seems they had pretty bad runs before and wanted to release their anger on me, behavior of stupid children.
I wouldn't care and just put them on ignore but they got so toxic they told me repeatedly to "kill myself" also that they would "kill my mother" and for some reason "kill my dog?" I don't have dogs lel?!?
So I reported all 3 of them and put them on ignore.

Couple of days later I receive 4 messages from DE telling me that action has been taken against these 3 toxic players BUT ALSO AGAINST ME?????
Wait what????

DE banned them but also SUSPENDED my in-game chat for excessive profanity use?

I called them out during the game saying things like:
"Are you STUPID? I just joined the game, I had no time to grief the game for us!"
and
"IDIOTS, you will get banned for telling people to kill themselves and sending death threats!"

Guess what, just because these 3 toxic players reported me at the same time, DE and their pathetic system decides that saying words such as "stupid" and "idiots" is Excessive Profanity!!!?!?!!

Since the last time, I understood the game is trash, DE don't care about the community, their system is broken and people are banned left and right for using chat. Moderators are corrupt little homophobic racists that ban people for saying they come from Nigeria because the country's name Nigeria has "supposedly" the N-word in it. That is beyond racist.
A friendly discussion between players ends with a girl admitting she is lesbian and getting banned from chat for "homophobia"??? Are you serious?
She said "lesbian" in the context of herself not as an insult slur against someone else.

THE SYSTEM IS BROKEN BEYOND BELIEF!
IT IS A LITERAL MINEFIELD!

Want to trade? Never use trade chat, just go to the warframe.market website.
Want to talk to people? Forget about in-game chat and ONLY talk through Discord.
Meet toxic players? Don't even report them, just put them on ignore otherwise you will end up like me, an innocent victim swept under the generalizing brush of DE's broken ♥♥♥♥ system!!!

Edited by Hawkeye2404

On 2020-11-15 at 10:55 AM, Hawkeye2404 said:

In a Discussion on Steam a fellow player shared a tale of something that has recently happened to him in Warframe. I just thought I'd share it here:

This is like the third time I've tried to adequately reply.  The other two extend into huge discussions about the topic, but I don't really think that this deserves a multi-page discussion of the human nature which is bringing all of this about.

Let's short this to some bullet points.  

1. Anecdotal experience is a thing....but it's one experience.  My anecdotal experience is that this is standard for any online game, and the story is from someone with either no ability to deal or extraordinarily biased.  With one second hand accounting of a situation there's little to work with here.  For instance, we have no proof that the person telling the story is entirely on the level....as people generally recount the most flattering version of facts when discussing themselves.
  2. Is DE in the wrong here?  Well, I cannot say.  Again, benefit of doubt everywhere.  Maybe there's more to this story, maybe not.  The problem is a lack of objective facts and perspectives.  I won't say DE did right, but I also won't say they did wrong.  We are incapable of either.
  3. What do I surmise?  Well, if I'm with DE I have little opportunity to spend time investigating crap.  I have no positive reinforcement from outside, and no penalty to authorizing a ban.  There seems to be little oversight, given some other stories.  So if there's no incentive, no penalty, and no time, it's easiest to issue a blanket ban to everyone.  Is that fair...maybe not....is it reasonable....if I'm getting customer service pay levels then absolutely

Do I believe this happened?  Well....no.  That is to say, somebody walking into a group, immediately getting insulted, and responding back is pretty stupid.  Most people who enter this situation disconnect.  Those who don't usually don't engage.  Anyone who's been around trolls knows that if you feed them it gets worse.  If this is as framed, you simply disconnect and there's no problem.  As such, this is either somebody who had no idea how to interact with people on the internet, or was looking for this situation.  Either way, it's difficult to believe this happened as framed.

Maybe this happened as framed.  Maybe it didn't.  No matter what the truth is, there was never a requirement to continue.  Disconnect, and all the bad people can never talk to you again.  Saying that is patronizing, but if this person didn't understand then they're not free from responsibility.  They then opened a ticket, and if I was sitting on the other end I'd be asking why they endured and engaged.  It takes two people to argue, and I see proof that they did engage.  Isn't that a little fishy?

In short, I call shenanigans.  There's a reason "don't feed the trolls" is a response.  Likewise, third hand stories without proof have no practical usage.  While I don't always support DE, this is an instance where without more information they really deserve the benefit of doubt.  This is coming from someone who regularly takes umbrage with their decisions, but I cannot in good faith read this and claim they've done wrong unless there's something to actually work with.

-Edit-

I want to make this clear, I'm opposed to this situation not because it's somebody's experience.  I know it'd be easy to interpret this as such.  My issue here is blaming DE, when there are a minimum of 4 perspectives here.  The truth, the story teller. the other players, and DE's review team.  

I don't believe that with one of these four perspectives we can throw DE under the bus.  I'm more than happy to drive the bus over them when it's a buggy mess, there are bad decisions, or there's a litany of promises and lies.  This isn't one of those instances.  It's hard to say this, because I can 100% see DE doing wrong.  That said, it's unfair in this instance to be so negative without more information.

-Edit end-

Edited by master_of_destiny

DE, I know you've stopped caring about the actual release build, given all of the information and stuff on the test cluster which needs to be reviewed.  This being said, can we please understand that the new build is going to be more stable?  Let's review another week worth of failure.

1. Corpus ship?  Yeah, you're going to be losing medallions.  5 spawn locations on 4 tiles that are outside of player bounds.  3 experienced this week.
  2. Helminth system?  More like infinite loading system.  3 separate instances where accessing it then either the forge or arsenal resulted in an infinite loading screen that required a hard reset of the game.
  3. Speaking of....I was in an exterminate and discovered that I could not do anything but jump and walk.  That's right, no melee or shooting.  That wouldn't usually be a problem, but I somehow also got insane shield values, shield regeneration, and health.  I literally walked into a group of enemies on Saturn at about level 30 and they couldn't kill me after 10 minutes of direct fire.  My companion picked them off miserably slowly.  The worst part?  Well, lockdowns.  You can only hack consoles if looking at them, and I could only turn by using the /unstuck command.  How exactly can a basic mission be so catastrohically bad?
  4. Rounding out a week of failure, let's talk Fortuna.  There's a lot to cover, but let's hit the highlights.  Profit-taker can still be invincible to clients if the host is bad (low ping, but I believe the client computer was just a potato).  The mission where you "Get to the Ambush Point" and defend a wheel still has wheels plowing into the defense target and doing huge damage to them two year later.  Guess that was "unfixed."  My particular favorite experience is being in the middle of an animal capture, and having a glassed enemy spawn.  Unless you've got invisibility it's time to give up on capture because they'll aggro from hundreds of meters away and almost immediately drive off a target.  Onto the last failure, spawning enemies who have codes.  I did two missions back-to-back, and each ended with the investigation of solaris united operatives.  The thing is, on the second one none of the data carriers spawned....so I couldn't get the bonus objective.  Still a common failure two years later.  Finally, let's discuss the reason this is a problem.  Nightwave....and requiring 5 Fortuna bounties.  It's reasonable to ask for this, but you should really make sure it isn't a mess before you do.  Unfortunately, every time this comes up it's highlighting just how bad some of your content is, and why people don't voluntarily return to it.

Now that we've discussed the good part, let's talk about the test servers.

The hype being generated is nice.  A flood of youtube videos, about content that isn't even out yet.  Two days of monkeying around isn't long enough to do more than minimal testing, so everything is still fresh.  There seems to be more content now than in the initial release, given the minimal copy-pasting (looking at you 2 new companions in 6 bizarro flavor combinations).  This is kind of how I assumed it would work....and hopefully you get it now.

That being said, there's some concern.  Zephyr doesn't sound better, though it's unsurprising.  Status focused weapons are nice...but 5 status focused weapons in one go aren't going to be great.  Finally, the bounties for the arcanes are....frustrating.  21 required arcanes aren't a new thing....but the description and seeing them in action lead me to question if I'll ever care.  It's not like extra resources matter....given the grind for standing already with the mech faction.  This scream to me of arbitrations 2.0....namely that the arcanes aren't good enough to grind for given the mind numbing grind associated.  Maybe this needs to be a little less half baked, or demonstrated to be good.   I reserve judgement for the release, but it's really hard to see this being fixed in short order.

• Like 3

On 2020-11-12 at 5:10 PM, master_of_destiny said:

lorem ipsum 

Cool story, bro. The weird thing is we're not even on different pages about DE's massive failings. My initial post was simply noting that the bare threshold being asked of them--which they somehow haven't met yet--isn't even substantive, much less difficult.

On 2020-11-06 at 9:05 PM, Slayer-. said:

Don't worry, it was a change DE did a long time ago, when you look at your weapons/warframes you'll see just one energy colour selection, if you forma the item once you'll then get two selections.

Now this doesn't mean you have to forma everything just to get the twin energy colour mix. As some Weapons/Warframes are just MR fodder.

I'd like to follow up and say I also did not have elemental weapon fx on. Turning it on also gave me color after a forma, if anyone ever reads this for reference.