Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Solo Idea

AreeSoothsayer

When playing solo you are in the pilot seat with control over the front guns. The side guns are not working at all. Why not give full control over all guns to the pilot when they are not in use. When another player drops into the control seat they take control of that gun while leaving the other in the pilot's control.

Yes, I want the cool image of 6 guns firing at my control as I blast through space in my Railjack so sue me.

pewpewpewpew!

Personally, I'd rather have AI gunners using the side guns than having the pilot fire all of them, and for a few reasons:

• If the pilot controls all three guns, then other people sitting on the side guns reduces the pilot's DPS substantially. We already have players yelling at each other to stop firing the side guns, we don't need more of that.
  • It removes a possible hook for AI crews, which are presumably still coming.
  • It makes the side guns even more pointless than they already are, since it just means the pilot has three times the main gun.
  • It's going to look like ass due to the way Railjack camera projection works. The view out of all the windows is centred somewhere just in front of the Archwing Slingshot and ALL of the windows and ALL of the side guns fire from there. You won't get a main gun firing in the middle and two more firing from the side. You'll get three guns firing in-line in the middle.

I'm all for making Railjack more solo-friendly, but I'd rather do this by allowing players to automate some systems rather than just removing them. At the end of the day, the Railjack is a Corvette size ship. I'd rather retain its feeling of size and complexity than make it feel more like a fighter.

As someone with moderate-to-poor aim, AI turrets alongside my pilot turrets would be a godsend. If you control all turrets, then you get powerful attacks, but only against one enemy. If you have AI side gunners, you can focus down enemies while the AI potentially covers your flanks. In terms of fun, if the AI is controlled with the command intrinsics, then I'd argue it would be more fun to order your crewmates around as their captain, rather than a boring DPS boost.

On 2020-11-09 at 8:15 PM, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I'm going to assume that once we get the command intrinsic that we'll have NPCs on the side turret.

...who are more likely than not won't hit ѕhit but at least won't waste our missiles ^^)   but yes, why else did we converted all those damn lichs? for their 'help' in normal missions is more like a joke imo... i gt the feeling they make fun of me when only AFTER i went down they arrive, don't doing much and then taking their leaves again.

On 2020-11-13 at 8:42 AM, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

To solo railjack I just need more efficient ways to take out crewships when playing alone. So I rather need access to the big gun as a pilot rather than side turrets.

that and pilot access to the forge too - via tac-screen if possible. when flying solo, i usually have toput the ship into stealth mode whenever i want to use the forward cannon (well, not really much for that), deal with boarding parties, use the catapult or the forge.

if someone would try to sell me a spaceship concept like our railjack, i would roll on the floor laughing and then kick their arses out of my office... no engineer with a little shame left would design such impractible vehicle.

Archived