Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekros Build Suggestions Wanted

Canach

Question

Haven't used Nekros in prolly 5-6 years, built the Prime version today - looking for build suggestions from people who use him a lot.

• How to build him
  • How to Augment (Shield of Shadows?)
  • How to helminth (Pull over Soul Punch?)

All suggestions appreciated, thanks in advance! :redveil:

15 answers to this question

Thanks for all the posts!

I finished my Nekros build (3F) and took him on an Arbitration defense vs Infested - we went 35 minutes and stopped as my clanmate was starting to struggle with kills. As far as my build went, I was desecrating everything, using Pull every few seconds, stayed a maxed energy, had no threats to my health at all, and was still easily killing with my Reaper Prime and Kuva Quartak. Obviously, more testing is warranted, but the initial run went great.

• Steel Charge and Handspring
  • Vitality, Redirection, Adaptation, Panzer Orbs and Healing, Arcane Resistance (vs Infested)
  • Primed Flow, Fleeting Expertise, Equalibrium, Arcane Energize
  • Overextended, Stretch (235% Range)
  • Panzer Vulp using Synth Deconstruct (makes Health Orbs) and Synth Fiber (Orbs to pet armor, allows Nekros to pick up Health Orb when at full Health), and also healing from Hunter Recover  - 30% healing from damage using his Quills, and attacks using Maul+Bite

Edit: This build uses only Pull and Desecrate, not Soul Punch, Terrify, or Shadows of the Dead.

PS: I also DID throw Gara into the pit and experiment with Spectorage - I couldn't make myself happy with it. Also, I still intend to build and test using Despoil also, but this build gets more testing first.

21 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:
  • Steel charge
  • Umbrals x 3
  • Equilibrium
  • Health Conversion
  • Adaptation
  • Shield of Shadows
  • Despoil
  • Arcane Grace
  • Arcane Guardian

have fun never dying.

Interesting build - but how well do you think it will work without either of those arcanes?  I have maxed Arcane Energize and Arcane Resistance that I use a lot, Then I've got some weapon arcanes; Arcane Precision (Nukor), Arcane Momentum (Rubico). 

36 minutes ago, Canach said:

Interesting build - but how well do you think it will work without either of those arcanes?  I have maxed Arcane Energize and Arcane Resistance that I use a lot, Then I've got some weapon arcanes; Arcane Precision (Nukor), Arcane Momentum (Rubico). 

Without those after the 150 mark if shadows go down and you're not quick enough on the uptake, you will likely be instaspanked.

8 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

Without those after the 150 mark if shadows go down and you're not quick enough on the uptake, you will likely be instaspanked.

Idk, I don't have them, and am not about to drop 1,400 plat to see if you're right. But I really like thowing Equalibrium into the mix, as my Panzer generates a lot of orbs - Idk if Health Conversion will be worth it if I don't follow your full build though.

I'll have to forma him carefully as I experiment...

I'm using this build for quite some time now (4 forma):

* Sprint Boost

* Thief's Wit

These first 2 are mainly for regular farming missions. If you want to do higher level content, swap with whatever works.

Rest:

* Health Conversion

* Equilibrium

* Umbral Vitality

* Primed Vigor

* Primed Continuity

* Stretch

* Despoil

* Shield of Shadows

I'm sure there are lots of variants you can try, but this works for me.

Weapons: Ignis Wraith / Pyrana Prime / Paracesis

Arcanes: Arcane Grace and Arcane Guardian (both maxed). Arcane Energize is pretty good on most frames, just not for Nekros, since you only need energy for Shield of Shadows and you have plenty from Equilibrium.

I've switched the first ability with Master's Summons, which is really handy for saving my Smeeta Kavat. But anything goes here. Hildryn's Pillage might also be a good choice.

Why is everyone using Despoil? It seems counter-intuative... 

I know there's a lot of weird synergy going on:

• Equalibrium gives you energy from health (& vice versa)
  • Panzer gives you lots of health orbs and healing, and his synth fibre allows you to pick them up for energy when you're not wounded
  • Despoil also lets you pick them up for energy because you're alwasys spending health
  • Health conversion gives you armor from health pickups
  • Shield of Shadows gives you ~50% damage mitigation when you're got a full team of ghosts

Am I understanding this right?

Im a bit rusty on Nekros also but this is my build.

• Despoil
  • x3 umbra (health/armor counter strength debuff)  No health Conversion mod..
  • Overextended, stretch, Augur Reach
  • Last spot is....I think is augur shields or health...

But I ditched Health Conversion (armor stacks) for the umbra mods and then used Helminth to inject Sprectrorage from Gara.

With max range you easily get a huge ring of mirrors that distracts all nearby enemies and makes them walk into the ring of mirror to hit themselves..   I tried swapping despoil or spectro-siphon which makes enemies have a 50% chance to drop energy orbs when they die in the ring.... but that was horrible lol....   

But I still love Spectrorage...  you can make enemies come to you and use melee or guns to take stuff down which being almost completely protected.   It only lasts 30 seconds ( I may have primed continuity on for it or should...)   When the ring drops you are pretty vulnerable.     

But for the most part you "pull" everything to you and kill and loot it...  while protecting yourself and everyone else and even defense targets to a certain extent.   Spectro even works on Mechs although it makes them run around like crazy inside the ring lol.   

I have about 60+ meter loot range... 

-------------------------------

I've never tried Adapation on any frame.  Nekros's base armor is still way to low (they recently buffed low armor frames) for mods to really help him....  Nekros can have massive shields but they break instantly and he hodls aggro to much for shield gating to help save him..    So it might really be worth Adaptation+auger resolve (take out umbra fiber for adapt)

------------------------------

My first thought was to use Petrify,  not for additional loot.   But its a really fun ability that is easy to use on the move.   I enjoy the hell out of Atlas spamming petrify everywhere.   I wanted Nekros to be fun to play to.   I think I still have that on 2nd and 3rd LO spots...   

Another AWESOME combo which would prob make Nekros BEAST...   Inject harrows CONDEMN into Nekros and give Nekros +440% shield mod (and sacrifice umbra fiber for Prime vigor/augur shields).    Condemn is a small crowd control but more importantly it builds OVERSHIELDS.  Nekros would have massive overshields and instantly be able to get them back for the most part!!  Mix that with a sentinel/moa with shield charger....  omg....   I wanna build and try this ASAP lol.  

--------------------------------

Sorry got nothing but hate for shadow users.....  if you arent playing nekros to loot you should prob be on a different frame lol....  

@(PSN)AbBaNdOn_ Nice post.

Clearly there's a Nekros build based on shadow shields and despoil that a lot of people enjoy, and I will give it a shot - BUT - In my mind I've been thinking 60m range and stay alive - strong enough for Arbitrations and built for farming materials. It IS nice to have multiple build tabs...

I do have a small Subsum Nation (25 IIRC) to choose between, but now I'm gwanna have to build another Gara - been eyeballing that Spectorage already, and you make it sound like it could be particularly appropriate to my Nekros experiment. I will say that I've really enjoyed Pull with my Nekros during his leveling sessions - unlike the proverbial sports cars, you can have cheap+fast+good in one package.

30 minutes ago, Canach said:

Why is everyone using Despoil? It seems counter-intuative... 

I know there's a lot of weird synergy going on:

• Equalibrium gives you energy from health (& vice versa)
  • Panzer gives you lots of health orbs and healing, and his synth fibre allows you to pick them up for energy when you're not wounded
  • Despoil also lets you pick them up for energy because you're alwasys spending health
  • Health conversion gives you armor from health pickups
  • Shield of Shadows gives you ~50% damage mitigation when you're got a full team of ghosts

Am I understanding this right?

Yeah pretty much.

I have an alternative build that uses the helminth system. I am using shooting gallery then 

Despoil

Shield of shadows

Stretch

Blind rage

Equilibrium

Primed flow

Primed continuity

Vitality

Aura, exilus and arcanes of your choice.

Shooting gallery seems a strange choice but if they are not shooting at your shadows then they are not shooting at all and then when they do get a shot off on you it's negated by shield of shadows and shield gating. Works on steel path survival for me but obviously no damage buffs or armor stripping from warframe abilities so you will need a good melee or weapon set up for damage.

Oh yeah.  Condemn is pretty awesome.   I can get up to 2300+ overshields with it.  Can spam condemn all day long.  

Petrify is a horrible helminth ability.   I dont know if its bugged or DE has their heads up their butt but it costs 75 energy for petrify lol....  Thats high level ability costs,  not narrow path spamming ability cost...   

Em01TyRW8AAiVne?format=jpg&name=large

I highlighted condemn so you guys could see it.   Augur Reach is underneath.  

That is a super fun build.....  I dont know which I would pick     Nekro+gara or Nekro+Harrow.   Nekro+Harrow is better for constant movement.   Nekro+gara is better for sitting on your butt.   

On 2020-11-12 at 10:02 PM, Canach said:

Haven't used Nekros in prolly 5-6 years, built the Prime version today - looking for build suggestions from people who use him a lot.

• How to build him
  • How to Augment (Shield of Shadows?)
  • How to helminth (Pull over Soul Punch?)

All suggestions appreciated, thanks in advance! :redveil:

My current build is Shield of Shadows,  Despoil, Vitality,  Blind Rage, Stretch, Augur Reach, Adaptation,  Health Conversion,   Arcane Energize,  and Arcane Whatever I feel like with Condemn in place of soul punch. 

Shield of Shadows and Adaptation both provide DR to shield and Health, so the easy 1650 overshields from condemn are very protective.  Energize gives him enough energy to keep shield of shadows up even with the efficiency loss.  Health Conversion   helps protect him if his shields fail,  though condemn should be sufficient to restore them before shield gating ends.  If you don't have Energize,  then you might use Equilibrium in place of Adaptation or Health Conversion.    He has enough range to make desecrate useful,  and the strength from Blind range makes 7 shadows give the full 80% DR. 

Archived