Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fulmination and Firestorm should be exilus mods

xXMadneXDXx

Just now, Tesseract7777 said:

It is a very good mod, but it is not always the best choice, for every frame, in every situation. 

Yeah... I never said that... Everybody has their choice. I just want an option to put it on that exilus slot.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Noxnel:

Yeah... I never said that... Everybody has their choice. I just want an option to put it on that exilus slot.

It’s funny that you say that everybody has their choice when you explicitly want the option to put the mod on the exilus slot because you don’t want to have to chose.

Making a difficult choice between multiple viable options is how it’s supposed to work. You’re not supposed to have eight clear best options and one clear best choice for the exilus slot. I’d rather have no mod system at all than have the game move even further towards pretend-modding like that.

Just now, Krankbert said:

It’s funny that you say that everybody has their choice when you explicitly want the option to put the mod on the exilus slot because you don’t want to have to chose.

Why making it an exilus mod would take away my choice? I still have different builds for the same weapon, I like the stealth exilus mod, the exchange ammo exilus mod... So on and so forth, besides the radius blast mods aren't not as op as people may think. I did a couple of tests myself. It wouldn't change much , really. 

Yes, it's an option for players to either use it on exilus slot or don't.

1 minute ago, Krankbert said:

Because you outright said so in your first post in this thread.

Alright. That OP player just had an idea, but people came in sounding the alarm on him/her "that's a dangerous idea, we gotta shut it down".  I just thought that maybe, MAYBE, if they mod was already an exilus one, we wouldn't even be having this discussion haha, I know that there wouldn't be a post for nerfing those new primed mods, they are not that compatible nor OP. I guess it's party of main stream WF players to just complain about the game saying "oh it's too OP, no fun at all" and this thread falls on that category.

Here is what I do that's been working for ME, ok? ME, not you, you do you.

I simply play with Volt, the best WARFRAME EVER! The SPEED, The SWAG! Do you know how difficult it is to play VOLT in ALL missions? hahaha don't get me wrong, I know volt has it shining moments, it does, but generally, it's not a jack-o'-all-trades. Like I have been alternating between volt and Nezha because I was playing by myself and volt wasn't cutting it and Nezha made it all TOO freaking easy, man. Nezha has to be nerfed... Somehow... I guess? 

vor 21 Minuten schrieb Noxnel:

Why making it an exilus mod would take away my choice? 

Am 4.12.2020 um 15:53 schrieb xXMadneXDXx:

These utility mods not being exilus viable make up to a difficult choice when modding 

Do you care to respond to that or do you want to go off on another tangent?

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Noxnel:

It would still be a difficult decision making.

How could it possibly still be a difficult choice for the exilus slot where it's only competing against the weak exilus mods when it's - in your own words - "a difficult choice" now.

17 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

How could it possibly still be a difficult choice for the exilus slot where it's only competing against the weak exilus mods when it's - in your own words - "a difficult choice" now.

Because it's doesn't make much of a difference in the game. Really. I tested it and it's just a fun mod, that's it. I had a blast with it hahah. See what I did there? Now, have a good day, man. 

I'm having trouble thinking of true AoE weapons I wouldn't slot the radius mods in most of the time if they were exilus.  Some that are really "single target with  small AoE" and a few where radius doesn't work are all I'm coming up with.  The rest...I'm slotting radius more of the time than not already.

I could see new mods with smaller radius bonuses working as exilus though.  Maybe a small flat bonus rather than a multiplier.

On 2020-12-04 at 4:53 AM, xXMadneXDXx said:

These utility mods not being exilus viable make up to a difficult choice when modding because of the decision of removing a DPS mod for the use of the extra AoE. We really want to use these mods, specially its new primed variants but we probably won't... simply because it may ruin our already tight build. Make fulmination and firestorm exilus viable please...

Those increase damage, so no as i understand it. On the other hand, [Adhesive Blast]...

2020/12/4 PM10点53分 , xXMadneXDXx 说:

These utility mods not being exilus viable make up to a difficult choice when modding because of the decision of removing a DPS mod for the use of the extra AoE. We really want to use these mods, specially its new primed variants but we probably won't... simply because it may ruin our already tight build. Make fulmination and firestorm exilus viable please...

yes but sinister reach first

On 2020-12-04 at 5:28 PM, MasterControl said:

I think it's fair to trade damage for AoE radius. You're reducing up-front damage in favor of applying that damage to more enemies, which increases practical dps because you can attack more enemies at once and thus may need to fire fewer shots to clear out a group.

God forbid we have some build variety and choices to make in this game, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agreed. If my Tonkor kills fairly quickly on Steel Path right now, I wouldnt mind putting some extra AoE instead of a damage mod for any other content below SP because it would still likely obliterate anything but now in bigger area. 

A fair trade imo.

Making it exilus would be too OP I think. 

Only problem is the self-stagger, so I would only use it on defense type games probably. 

This is ridiculous, and clueless. Most non-explosive weapons benefit from punch through, because hitting more foes is better than hitting one foe hard. Explosive weapons typically don't want punch through because they don't want to pass the explosion away from the targeted foe, increased explosion radius is the natural alternative. Topping all that off, explosion radius dramatically expands the area of damage, the exact same way reach does, it's a radius, we might as well ask for Primed Reach to have a place in exclusive slots as well, add Exilus to melee weapons while we're at it. 

The whole point of Exilus slots is to motivate utility mod placement, not enable obvious DPS mod placement. If we can't even mod reload and magazine size because of the DPS gain of less reload time, getting over double the explosion area in the Exilus slot is a myopic suggestion.

Please relearn some math. 

Archived