Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Tau system

THERebrth

You are not the first one with this idea. And... Epic fight? In Tau? Nah. No one does Railjack for the Sentient-Ships so... You think anyone fights against Sentient in a new starchart? No chance. Sentient immunity is cancer. And a full system of it ... no one would play this ... and when only for the rewards. Only my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Omega-ZX said:

You are not the first one with this idea. And... Epic fight? In Tau? Nah. No one does Railjack for the Sentient-Ships so... You think anyone fights against Sentient in a new starchart? No chance. Sentient immunity is cancer. And a full system of it ... no one would play this ... and when only for the rewards. Only my opinion.

We are going to Tau at some point, unless you think that all the Sentients are going to come to us. Also, they really don't have an immunity, since we can keep stripping that off.

demo tunnel GIFTo Tau we go...

Edit: I'm still unsure if this is how the drives on the Railjack actually travel, if it's just straight FTL travel like Star Trek or Stargate Universe or if it's hyperspace/subspace travel like Star Wars or Stargate SG-1/Atlantis. I can guarantee it isn't travel like slipspace from Halo or slipstream from Andromeda.

In fact, I would truly like to know what purpose the solar rails actually have in the Origin System. Even going by straight up impulse power, travel in the system should be mere hours around. Geez, how slow are ships in Warframe then? Are they still using 20th/21st century space shuttle propulsion? I honestly see no logical reason why the solar rail network even exists.

Lore-wise the tenno should have gone to Tau immediatly after being victorious in scarlet spear, you dont win wars by waiting patiently for the enemy to attack you with stronger and stronger forces, especially if they have the ability to basically print themselves...
But oh well, we'll likely have to wait until 2022 to actually get there development-wise.

3 minutes ago, JimmuTanno88 said:

Lore-wise the tenno should have gone to Tau immediatly after being victorious in scarlet spear, you dont win wars by waiting patiently for the enemy to attack you with stronger and stronger forces, especially if they have the ability to basically print themselves...

The way I see it, every time the Sentients launch assaults against us, we are gathering more intel about what they've developed since the Old War, so we are able to create effective defenses against them, sans using Necramechs against their Orphix units that we otherwise would not have had access to after Scarlet Spear.

If we would to ever go to Tau its not by railjack sence it operates in simular maner as solar rails and those dont have long range .

The solar rail in outer terminus is shatterd and corpus are working to fix it , it was supposed to be used for travel to Tau as part of masive solar rail transit system if I recal the lore correctly , and who knows then if corpus even going to fix it , to quote Alad V "the void gate , this things never made sence to me" .

Eddit for tipos .

4 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Provide me lore peace if your sure , railjacks are interplanetery gun boats not intersystem vesels .

Mag primes codex entry says that .

The railjacks do not use the solar rail system everybody knows this. If they did, nobody would be able to host a Saturn or Veil or Pluto mission until they unlocked the junctions to those areas. Duh!

Mag Prime existed before the railjacks were added, so irrelevant point.

Just now, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

The railjacks do not use the solar rail system everybody knows this. If they did, nobody would be able to host a Saturn or Veil or Pluto mission until they unlocked the junctions to those areas. Duh!

Mag Prime existed before the railjacks were added, so irrelevant point.

Railjacks engine produces the punch wich is the same thing that solar rails do and mag prime codex entry states the that orokin in their hight of power used solar rail to send their troops along side warframes to Tau system , the only solar rail that can posible could have done that is in outer terminus wich destroyed .

Railjack alone cannot go to Tau for same reason as single solar rail cannot send anything long distance , for that whole system like monorail is needed .

7 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Railjacks engine produces the punch wich is the same thing that solar rails do and mag prime codex entry states the that orokin in their hight of power used solar rail to send their troops along side warframes to Tau system , the only solar rail that can posible could have done that is in outer terminus wich destroyed .

Railjack alone cannot go to Tau for same reason as single solar rail cannot send anything long distance , for that whole system like monorail is needed .

This is probably the case, but I also think that unfortunatly DE will retcon that lore like they often do in favor of a new explanation or just making railjacks long-distance vehicles.

2 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

You don't know what the capabilities are of the railjacks, they have void engines, they could very well take us to Tau. Railjacks also existed during the height of the Orokin Empire. They were involved in the Old War. What "punch" are you even deliriously talking about? Solar rails don't produce a "punch".

And again, Mag Prime existed before the damn railjack update, so it is an IRRELEVANT point that you can't make. That codex entry is IRRELEVANT when discussing railjacks. Until DE perhaps changes old codex entries, still irrelevant.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

You don't know what the capabilities are of the railjacks, they have void engines, they could very well take us to Tau. Railjacks also existed during the height of the Orokin Empire. They were involved in the Old War. What "punch" are you even deliriously talking about? Solar rails don't produce a "punch".

And again, Mag Prime existed before the damn railjack update, so it is an IRRELEVANT point that you can't make. That codex entry is IRRELEVANT when discussing railjacks. Until DE perhaps changes old codex entries, still irrelevant.

The "punch" is what moves objects from one place to other by solar rails , have you never paid attention to radio chatter ? thenever grineer mention "punch" they refer to solar rails , this term is also mentioned in Mag prime codex entry . Maybe take time to read lore for once ?

And it is REVELANT , did you forget that every planet in origin system has solar rail junction ? Dont you remember that you cannot just go from earth to pluto unless you gain access to all of those that lead from point A to point B ?

Untill DE gives us more lore about intersystem travel that is all true factual what I have said .

1 minute ago, bad4youLT said:

The "punch" is what moves objects from one place to other by solar rails , have you never paid attention to radio chatter ? thenever grineer mention "punch" they refer to solar rails , this term is also mentioned in Mag prime codex entry . Maybe take time to read lore for once ?

And it is REVELANT , did you forget that every planet in origin system has solar rail junction ? Dont you remember that you cannot just go from earth to pluto unless you gain access to all of those that lead from point A to point B ?

Untill DE gives us more lore about intersystem travel that is all true factual what I have said .

No, it isn't because you keep talking about something that existed YEARS before railjacks were added. Hence, it is outdated info that has not been updated. That entry won't mention railjacks because they were not a thing in the game YET. You can't use outdated info for a current game discussion.

Then please explain how someone with a damn railjack can start a Saturn mission WITHOUT HAVING UNLOCKED THE SATURN JUNCTION???

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

No, it isn't because you keep talking about something that existed YEARS before railjacks were added. Hence, it is outdated info that has not been updated. That entry won't mention railjacks because they were not a thing in the game YET. You can't use outdated info for a current game discussion.

Then please explain how someone with a damn railjack can start a Saturn mission WITHOUT HAVING UNLOCKED THE SATURN JUNCTION???

Because railjacks engine work on same princaple as solar rails , remember that cutscene in dry dock that plays every time or then you return to dry dock ? every time it fallows with quick jump aka "punch" . 

By owning a railjack you esentialy own mobile version of solar rail , you here mixing things up , its not outated information , oroknin never used railjacks alone to travel to Tau because they were not sufficient enough dou to short jump distance . Only the special solar rail at outer terminus could do that because it was part of large rail system that acted like bridge . Ever noticed how some planets have multiple solar rails ?

eddit tipos

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)Rez090:

We are going to Tau at some point, unless you think that all the Sentients are going to come to us. Also, they really don't have an immunity, since we can keep stripping that off.

Friend. You didnt quite understand me. 

I was interested in how to get to Tau. In my opinion, RJ is the only feasible option. And yes ... the immunities ... we just have the paracesis and the operator to reset them. There is a lack of more choice. So no one would play Tau for long. See RJ. No one cares about it. You have the rewards. Thats it. 

Next up is Duviri and The New War. So ... Tau would be possible in 2 ~ 2.5 years. And many will just play it for the rewards and ignore it afterwards. Or someone screams that the Sentient should be nerfed.

15 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

the only solar rail that can posible could have done that is in outer terminus wich destroyed

which is why the corpus are fixing it. One day a new event will appear and Nef will announce the new profit opportunitity trade with the Tau system can provide. Silly boy that he is.

I have a feeling that whilst we could go to Tau in the RJ (or the rebuilt Outer Terminus junction) and kick some sentient butt, what happens next will be tricky.

There are 2 problems with fighting at Tau:

• Orphix - no warframes, just mechs. And we know the mechs can be ripped apart by flying sentients quite easily (Father said so regarding his TombJockey, built for endurance even)
  • Paracesis - imagine playing an event that requires you to use a heavy blade all the time. Think of all your cool weapons and have them almost useless as the paracesis will have to be a requirement.

Both are fixable: Ordis (or Parvos perhaps) can figure out how the Orphix got past transference and come up with a segment upgrade to the Operator room's kit. Paracesis could be dismantled and whatever give it its cool power could be retrofitted as an Orokin Catalyst-type item to any weapon that would then allow us to fight with the required anti-sentient tech, but with weapons we prefer to use.

I assume here that the Orbiter would be going with the railjack to Tau, or we'd have to leave all our stuff behind. That wouldn't be cool. Terraformed cities built for colonists that never arrived, that'd be a nice tileset though.

23 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

which is why the corpus are fixing it. One day a new event will appear and Nef will announce the new profit opportunitity trade with the Tau system can provide. Silly boy that he is.

Warning: meme ahead. Proceed with caution

Spoiler

Everyone else: 

panik meme man Sticker by thisassociation

The Sentients, who it turns out are by-and-large peaceful and we've just been dealing with a maniacal cult this whole time

Stonks Meme, Explained: What Can It Teach You About Actual Stocks?

Nef when he realises they don't use credits or platinum as currency:

panik · PyPI

In all seriousness, Warframes the kind of game where the narrative trumps the lore, as it were. The world and events we experience matters more than how it got there, as it were. So, if and when DE decides to throw us at Tau, they'll just write new lore or a new macguffin to suit that.

On 2021-01-04 at 5:35 AM, gbjbaanb said:

Both are fixable: Ordis (or Parvos perhaps) can figure out how the Orphix got past transference and come up with a segment upgrade to the Operator room's kit. Paracesis could be dismantled and whatever give it its cool power could be retrofitted as an Orokin Catalyst-type item to any weapon that would then allow us to fight with the required anti-sentient tech, but with weapons we prefer to use.

Considering that Parvos almost sounded like he wanted to help the Tenno (Or at least not side with Nef) in that one inbox transmission implies to me he could be willing & able to upgrade the Operator's room with that too. Granted, if Orphix Venom ever happens again (If it becomes a recurring thing like in a very recent post I made in another thread), that might change how easily the Orphix are dealt with within that mission.

• Although it can simply be acknowledged by Father that these are just even more Sentients that came after the Tenno pushed them back once before, so that it explains how prepared we would then be.

• (In case anyone as curious, this post is where I mentioned a bit of detail on how those Sentient Operations could logically occur again)
    Spoiler

As for giving the Paracesis' power to other weapons, I think it'd be fair to make it so that the sword's additional levels beyond R30 don't affect how strong it makes your chosen weapon against Sentients (Only bestowing the power to undo resistances). It would help players not feel like they "need" to multi-forma a whole new Paracesis for every Para-Catalyst :)

• Not sure how easy that would be to use against Profit-Taker though, since every swing or blast might cycle it's weaknesses. Unless only the original Paracesis keeps that (It would be a fair trade-off, since we have Void Beam anyway!).

On 2021-01-04 at 8:25 AM, MacIntoc said:

That would cost a lot of duca to use ours babies againts sentients ^^''

I couldn't agree more, as useful as it would be, it would cost an awful lot to craft each new Paracesis.

But, I think an excellent solution to that would be to reduce the ducat cost involved in the blueprint to 100-150 ducats. It'd be a somewhat reasonable amount of time grinding fissure missions (Going with a public / planned squad could be 10 relics' worth at most), but then you might get lucky and find a duplicate prime part to use for some of those ducats.

• On the same update that'd introduce this "Para-Catalyst", all Tenno who previously crafted the Paracesis would get a return investment (A Dax return? Heh!) of the remaining ducats in their inbox.

• That way, every Paracesis owner would be able to get their spent ducats back :)

• The last question I can think of would be, will you need to get the Paracesis to R30 in order to dismantle it, and basically blacksmith it into one of your weapons, or could a freshly-crafted one be allowed to do so?

It'd be an interesting mechanic to see happen, especially if that Echoes of Umbra idea I heard before were reworked to where DE / Tenno need it and implemented someday too. They could be added in at the same time perhaps.

Ducats are not a problem. Cryotic making the sibear, that's different.

I just think giving players the opportunity to use their preferred weapon for the same effects as the paracesis makes sense, and a para-catalyst type thing would be the easiest way to achieve that. Maybe this can be given away as a reward, players who have not completed chimera prologue get a normal catalyst instead. Install it and get the level 40 boost and the sentient damage boost too - simply so you do not have to use this 1 particular weapon. At least its not a glaive like the Xoris! And I'm even fine if the paracatalyst cost ducats to build or if you have to use the paracesis as a component (though that would restrict changing your mind later) as well. Its not about cost or resources, its all about giving players variety to make their own choices of equipment and playstyles, in a game full of them.

Archived