Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Botanist and Cross-Matrix Widget. Better off manual scanning.

Lancars

Seems the Botanist mod gives you less. You're better off using the manual scan so it can benefit from Cross-Matrix Widget.

I think Botanist should be changed to just point the plants out if its gonna be such a downgrade to use. Highlight them like Scan Aquatic Lifeform.

How quickly does the scan occur? If it is slow enough that you have to stand waiting for it, then I see how it is somewhat worse than manual scanning, but if it is able to scan these plants fast enough that you can be focusing on other things, then it is worth it. In the past 1000+ missions I've ran I didn't scan any plants, if this mod gets me 3-5 per mission that is a massive amount of plants in the end, even if it does not get the double scan effect.

1 hour ago, PhiThagRaid said:

How quickly does the scan occur? If it is slow enough that you have to stand waiting for it, then I see how it is somewhat worse than manual scanning, but if it is able to scan these plants fast enough that you can be focusing on other things, then it is worth it. In the past 1000+ missions I've ran I didn't scan any plants, if this mod gets me 3-5 per mission that is a massive amount of plants in the end, even if it does not get the double scan effect.

problem is, the mod is of oxylus. which means using that all the time.

I really like the Botanist mod. I usually use Gauss to rush through extermination Relic missions while equipping Oxylus with Botanist mod, and after i finished the run (like 1 to 2 minutes) i see some plants in my inventory. So yeah, if your main focus is to farm plants, then Oxylus is not the way to go, but if you want to collect some extra stuff while doing some other main objective, its actually pretty good.

58 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

problem is, the mod is of oxylus. which means using that all the time.

I actually think that's a good thing, allowing different companions to be useful in very specific situations. I'd wager a guess that most people don't care about plants one they completed the quest and have the mods, so for those rarer people like yourself who actually want to continue scanning, there is a specific sentinel option. Yes, it might not be made to get you 20+ plants per mission, but you are unlikely to need that constantly, so in the cases you do need 20+ per mission you do personal scans.

Perhaps to have a balance, the mod should scan the plants while still allowing you to do so. Thus when not focusing on farming plants you get a few scans per mission, but when you are focused you get a 50-100% boost in returns (50% when you have Cross-matrix and 100% without). That way it is always boosting the amount you get. Based on how you described it(and how I would think it is logically implemented), I'm assuming the plants become unscanable once the sentinel scans it, which can waste scans on plants due to getting lower returns when actively looking for them.

I take Oxylus when I'm doing fissure cracking runs on Earth, Mars, or ice planet bases and get free scans while I'm  paying attention to corrupted enemies and the capture target. Free plants while working on other things that aren't taxing at all. Of course I also take Oxylus fishing. Swap out to other companions depending on the mission type and level. It's not hard, it's just like swapping out your gear and weapons for the situation. If I'm taking my time to scan newly added enemies or collect plants I'm low on, then of course I'll just manually scan.

Use the right tool at the right time.

5 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

I take Oxylus when I'm doing fissure cracking runs on Earth, Mars, or ice planet bases and get free scans while I'm  paying attention to corrupted enemies and the capture target. Free plants while working on other things that aren't taxing at all. Of course I also take Oxylus fishing. Swap out to other companions depending on the mission type and level. It's not hard, it's just like swapping out your gear and weapons for the situation. If I'm taking my time to scan newly added enemies or collect plants I'm low on, then of course I'll just manually scan.

Use the right tool at the right time.

Don't forget Grineer asteroid missions... Vestan Moss is comparatively rare.

3 minutes ago, nslay said:

Don't forget Grineer asteroid missions... Vestan Moss is comparatively rare.

Yep, that too. Was just listing stuff off the top of my head and forgot that.

Also, realistically Helios P will be scanning any new enemies for me.

Archived