Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path to Normal (Path) radio button on navigation makes no sense with Steel Path Alerts

ZeroX4

I am not here to ask for a change
I just want to point out behavior of a SP button function here that just makes no sense and reason behind it (i think)

We are talking today about this radio button
zr5SWSv.png

Depending on which state you leave it corresponding enemies level and drop% will apply to ur mission if you select it from your navigation
Makes sense so far

BUUUUUTTT no matter in which state you leave it it wont affect invasions fissures syndicates or alerts or sortie (or whatever else u could pick)
Having this button on Steel Path wont load ur sortie with higher level enemies or higher level Arbitration
It will just launch as it i

So am i the only one that wonders why we need to set it to Steel Path to see Steel Path Alerts?
That just dont feel right nor does it make any sense

If no matter in which state button is we can view all other "activities" then why only in Steel Path mode we can SEE Steel Path alerts?
Wouldnt it make more sense for Steel Path Alerts just be there always no matter what the button state is?

We cant affect other Alerts with that button why we are left with option to affect visibility of SP Alerts with it?
I just cant stop thinking about it was that overlook? Or maybe im missing something here?

6 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

If you're not interested in steel path it gets rid of clutter. If you're grinding SE, why do you need to toggle the mode off anyway?

I would agree but at the same time im not interested in kuva alerts and i still see them

If you cant think of an use of turning it off sometimes i doubt my reasons would make any sense to you

to be fair, the alert menus would be really bare if they only showed SP alerts with SP mode active: it makes sense, but at the same time, some people might be waiting on a good Fissure Mission or w/e and this lets them get to check without having to leave Steel Path, only to return again. 

this is a really minor thing man, don't let it worry you.

4 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

I would agree but at the same time im not interested in kuva alerts and i still see them

If you cant think of an use of turning it off sometimes i doubt my reasons would make any sense to you

Sometimes I turn it off to do a riven challenge. Other than that, the regular star chart is dead to me.

Don't accidentally leave it set to Steel Path then go do the Profit Taker Bounty it hurts. lol Normally it doesn't effect bounties but it does for that one, lets say the mate wasn't impressed. :tongue:

I like the button as is it gets rid of the clutter, if you look at the alerts and don't feel like doing them then click back and carry on. I have over 1000 SE so don't really need to leave it on SP mode all the time.

edit: Forgot to add
What I'd like to see is a tick option when going to do a mission that can combine it lets say as an example a Lich mission but make it also a Steel Path version.

58 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

to be fair, the alert menus would be really bare if they only showed SP alerts with SP mode active: it makes sense, but at the same time, some people might be waiting on a good Fissure Mission or w/e and this lets them get to check without having to leave Steel Path, only to return again. 

this is a really minor thing man, don't let it worry you.

U did not understand anything i wrote

I never suggested turning on SP should hide regular level activities 
I just asks why SP alerts are not there if that button is set to normal considering this button does not affect enemy levels on other activities
We cant disable/hide any other activities from that menu so i dont really see a point in hiding only SP Alerts they could just be there always no matter that button state and it would make much more sense

16 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Don't accidentally leave it set to Steel Path then go do the Profit Taker Bounty it hurts. lol Normally it doesn't effect bounties but it does for that one, lets say the mate wasn't impressed. :tongue:

I like the button as is it gets rid of the clutter, if you look at the alerts and don't feel like doing them then click back and carry on. I have over 1000 SE so don't really need to leave it on SP mode all the time.

No no no 
Pretty much same deal as above

Button itself is perfectly fine i just question it affecting visibility of SP alerts if it does not affect anything else

On top of that Alerts Invasions Sortie etc are there just to list stuff for us to have easy access instead of scanning trough whole star chart

If we would switch that button to normal we would not have SP Alerts with normal lvl enemies (well they would not be SP anymore anyway)

Or to make it more simple

Having that button on SP would not switch other activities to SP mode and wont make them disappear 
Having that button on NORMAL should not make SP Alerts disappear 

At least it does not make any sense and well yeah i admit dont want to do SP? have it off and dont see the alerts is good QoL but i dont want to do kuva yet i cant disable that alerts so again it makes no sense

Not really sure why it's like it, it's never bothered me there are bigger things in Warframe to be concerned about not working as intended.

when it does get turned on apart from the SP alerts it turns on the star chart to see the SP missions among the normal missions, like invasions etc.

11 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

I am not here to ask for a change
I just want to point out behavior of a SP button function here that just makes no sense and reason behind it (i think)

3 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

If you want those activities to be affected by it, go make a "Feature Request" topic in the Feedback section.

1 hour ago, Hayrack said:

Are you really sure you want lvl 220 Juno Elite Crewmen and Lephantis in your Sorties, lol?

i wish to live long enough to see a day when ppl learn to understand what they read

15 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

So am i the only one that wonders why we need to set it to Steel Path to see Steel Path Alerts?

I can think of a few reasons.

A) because some random mr2 would complain how the game locks him out of content 2 hrs after he installed.

B) same mr2 would rush to unlock them, fail, complain.

C) same mr2 would rush to unlock them, do and be nothing more than dead weight, which while most could carry, some might not.

Out of sight, out of mind.

3 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

I can think of a few reasons.

A) because some random mr2 would complain how the game locks him out of content 2 hrs after he installed.

B) same mr2 would rush to unlock them, fail, complain.

C) same mr2 would rush to unlock them, do and be nothing more than dead weight, which while most could carry, some might not.

Out of sight, out of mind.

Same mr2 would need to be higher mr just to access it
But then again same mr2 could do ABC with having that radio button so ur argument fall flat

8 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

i wish to live long enough to see a day when ppl learn to understand what they read

And everyone else want to live long enough to see a day when someone actually says exactly what they want to say, instead of beating around the bush so~.... I don't know what to tell you.

Because I'm pretty the Steel Path Alerts don't show up on the star chart normally. And all active alerts on the star chart appear under the alert tab. Therefore they would not appear in that tab since they are not active. 

Once you turn on SP mode the alerts are now activated and are placed in the appropriate tab. 

Archived