Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rework Steel Path + introduce skill trees

So im just gonna put it out there, my idea for steel path. First things first, lock Steel Path behind MR 25 and completion of the star chart. This is where a quest can be implimented to introduce skill trees and a Raid.

To start off i just want to say, improve the enemy AI give them a simulated awareness. Make it so if you strike them or shoot them and they survive that hit, they will dodge/avoid your follow up strikes or take cover if u shot it.

Reduce the number of nodes on each planet in Steel Path to 3 to 7 depending on planet level + a boss fight starting from mercury. Mercury-3 nodes + boss fight, every Steel Path planet node can be played in sequence without returning to the orbiter, seperated only by possible SP storyline cutscene and used as checkpoints if u die/quit. This system of clearing SP planets will turn SP into little dungeons for each planet. 

Once Earth is reached, you arrive in Cetus where a mysterious stranger begs for ur help in clearing the famous tower of Cetus. The Stranger tells you you cant reach the tower without "UPGRADES" to ur movement abilities... as well as upgrades to other things. From this point on you can accumulate upgrade points from Steel Path and can return to continue Cetus Tower Raid after unlocking chained air dash strike ability and triple jump.

3 SKILL TREES

To help these skills be used efficiently and skillfully i suggest implimenting a soft lock-on system. A soft lock targetting system to leave you with full camera freedom whilst passively targeting everything within camera view and within player skill tree unlocks range.

Movement Skill Tree

Upgrades to parkour speeds, upgrades to jump height, upgrades to add a 3rd and 4th jump while in the air, upgrade dodge roll to a dash with follow up upgrades such as dash speed, dash distance and chained dashing. A upgrade to add air dashing skill with follow upgrades to air dash speed, distance and chained air dash. For visual appeal, add upgrades that give multiple bullet jump animations.

True Ninja Skill Tree

Upgrade to add dash strikes, upgrades to add air dash strikes, chained air dash strikes and uprgrades to their speed, distance and power. Upgrade to add pop-up strikes to launch enemies in the air, add a upgrade to add a air combo skill with follow up skills that add multiple different air combos and finishers. 

Power Skill Tree

This skill tree locked behind completing Steel Path Sedna.

Upgrades damage to all weapon categories seperately with a 300% damage increase cap. Upgrades cc of all weapon categories seperately with a 90% of a weapons base cc cap. Upgrades to add heavy attack combos and finishers. 

CETUS TOWER RAID

Cetus Tower Raid can be a puzzle solving, parkour exploring, extermination survival where you, after unlocking air dash you head to the furthest point on the broken bridges in Cetus and with your new abilitys you parkour and air dash across using bits of broken bridge and your ninja skills.

Once you reach a certain point a cutscene takes you to the entrance. The first part of the raid is a small tower lore hunt exploration section which leads to a puzzle section maybe a parkour puzzle. After passing the 1st section you enter another lore hunt which leads to being attacked and swarmed becoming a survival. After surviving for a period of time you escape via parkour skill leading into the last lore hunt and revealing the towers history and current predicament. 

Reaching this point you are rewarded with a weapon of some kind and a chance to mod it. From here its an extermination, wipe out three floors of enemies to reach the final boss. Boss fight starts.

After defeating the boss hou get a end of quest cutscene and you are rewarded with guaranteed 1 of 2 weapons for your first run through with follow up runs having a possibility to get the other weapon or 1 of 3 visual attachments + the usual resources and credits and all that. END OF RAID

Steel Path continued

Each planet in SP increases in level by a lot progressively with Mercury being level 150 and The Void being level 1000. With improved enemy AI with simulated awareness and the new skills, battles at high levels will be very skill orientated and become more than just a meat grinder for dumb enemies. And with the new Power Tree players can earn upgrade points to upgrade their weapons even further, mostly aimed toward the vets of warframe who, like myself, think a MR 6 Player SHOULD NOT be able to do what a MR 25 can do, with enough plat. This would give vets the power they feel they SHOULD HAVE cause they put in the time and effort to earn it and it will give the new Players a reason to chase high MR.

i can go on for days about other parts that would be a massive improvement and loved by every single player but il end it here but yea... just a random thought iv wanted to put out there for awhile

28 minutes ago, (PSN)x_-SRmaestro-_x said:

lock Steel Path behind MR 25

Happy Food GIF by Regal

32 minutes ago, (PSN)x_-SRmaestro-_x said:

you arrive in Cetus where a mysterious stranger begs for ur help in clearing the famous tower of Cetus

35 minutes ago, (PSN)x_-SRmaestro-_x said:

CETUS TOWER RAID

Why would you want to invade the dwelling place of the Unum who protects Cetus? Other than that, the idea of exploring an ever changing dungeon-like places with bare minimum power is always interesting for me. Deimos is the perfect place since a bunch of old Orokin structures are buried and the ever changing infested mass can be used as a plot tool for the ever changing dungeons.

1 hour ago, (PSN)x_-SRmaestro-_x said:

Lock Steel Path behind MR 25 and completion of the star chart.

Not gonna happen, One because they were going to put a MR15 lock on the Helminth and ended putting a MR8 on it and Two because there will be a lot of players left out and there are lower MR players with faster learning and more support that can manage doing Steel Path.

To start off i just want to say, improve the enemy AI give them a simulated awareness.

Define Simulated Awareness?

Reduce the number of nodes on each planet in Steel Path to 3 to 7 depending on planet level + a boss fight starting from mercury.

No... The whole idea of Steel Path is exactly to redo the whole Star Chart missions again.

This is where a quest can be implimented to introduce skill trees and a Raid.

-Snip-

3 SKILL TREES

To help these skills be used efficiently and skillfully i suggest implimenting a soft lock-on system. A soft lock targetting system to leave you with full camera freedom whilst passively targeting everything within camera view and within player skill tree unlocks range.

Wut? I didnt quite understand the "Lock-On"and "Camera Freedom" things.

Movement Skill Tree

Upgrades to parkour speeds, upgrades to jump height, upgrades to add a 3rd and 4th jump while in the air, upgrade dodge roll to a dash with follow up upgrades such as dash speed, dash distance and chained dashing. A upgrade to add air dashing skill with follow upgrades to air dash speed, distance and chained air dash. For visual appeal, add upgrades that give multiple bullet jump animations.

You know there are Mods for that right? Why would they implement a separate system to upgrade that which already is upgradeable?

True Ninja Skill Tree

Upgrade to add dash strikes, upgrades to add air dash strikes, chained air dash strikes and uprgrades to their speed, distance and power. Upgrade to add pop-up strikes to launch enemies in the air, add a upgrade to add a air combo skill with follow up skills that add multiple different air combos and finishers. 

Im asking my self what does Air Strikes have to do with Ninjas, also some of the thinks you are asking like "Pop-Up" strikes already exist in the game with the Heavy Ground Slam.

Power Skill Tree

Upgrades damage to all weapon categories seperately with a 300% damage increase cap. Upgrades cc of all weapon categories seperately with a 90% of a weapons base cc cap. Upgrades to add heavy attack combos and finishers. 

Again, there are Mods for that, why add a Skill Tree to buff damage so much? The game already has enough problems with Power Creeping.

CETUS TOWER RAID

Cetus Tower Raid can be a puzzle solving, parkour exploring, extermination survival where you, after unlocking air dash you head to the furthest point on the broken bridges in Cetus and with your new abilitys you parkour and air dash across using bits of broken bridge and your ninja skills.

Once you reach a certain point a cutscene takes you to the entrance. The first part of the raid is a small tower lore hunt exploration section which leads to a puzzle section maybe a parkour puzzle. After passing the 1st section you enter another lore hunt which leads to being attacked and swarmed becoming a survival. After surviving for a period of time you escape via parkour skill leading into the last lore hunt and revealing the towers history and current predicament. 

Reaching this point you are rewarded with a weapon of some kind and a chance to mod it. From here its an extermination, wipe out three floors of enemies to reach the final boss. Boss fight starts.

After defeating the boss hou get a end of quest cutscene and you are rewarded with guaranteed 1 of 2 weapons for your first run through with follow up runs having a possibility to get the other weapon or 1 of 3 visual attachments + the usual resources and credits and all that. END OF RAID

The "Cetus Tower" a.k.a Unum has been asked to be expanded upon countless times since Plains of Eidolon came out. Sadly [DE] hasnt done anything regarding it leaving a lot of potential behind.

I bought they would ever make any Raids there despite the endless potentials. I can imagine the Tileset being that of Lua but without the broken parts or exposed rocks, maybe a bit of broken parts and exposed flesh further up near the top or edges where the Ostrons often harvest from.

Puzzles yes please, i expet something that forces the Team to work together to get through like there was in the old Trials, preferably like the ones in Jordas Golem trials.

As for the Weapons, perhaps they could work like the Lich weapons but being Tenno Weapons with a slight twist in status and the added elemental effects.

I some times picture what the current "Sanctuary Onslaught" is being in the Unum as a form of Endless Tower map.

5 hours ago, (PSN)x_-SRmaestro-_x said:

Movement Skill Tree

True Ninja Skill Tree

Power Skill Tree

yes please!

13 hours ago, acevezwing said:

Happy Food GIF by Regal

Why would you want to invade the dwelling place of the Unum who protects Cetus? Other than that, the idea of exploring an ever changing dungeon-like places with bare minimum power is always interesting for me. Deimos is the perfect place since a bunch of old Orokin structures are buried and the ever changing infested mass can be used as a plot tool for the ever changing dungeons.

For starters i said a. Mysterious stranger request help in CLEARING the tower, i specifically worded it that way to leave room for DE to specify a connect between the tower and him, like maybe hes a old ancient tower guardian. As for the clearing the tower, i thought it obvious that this implies the tower has been over run by something that shouldnt be there and hes asking for ur help to fux the problem.

12 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Not gonna happen, One because they were going to put a MR15 lock on the Helminth and ended putting a MR8 on it and Two because there will be a lot of players left out and there are lower MR players with faster learning and more support that can manage doing Steel Path.

Define Simulated Awareness?

No... The whole idea of Steel Path is exactly to redo the whole Star Chart missions again.

Wut? I didnt quite understand the "Lock-On"and "Camera Freedom" things.

You know there are Mods for that right? Why would they implement a separate system to upgrade that which already is upgradeable?

Im asking my self what does Air Strikes have to do with Ninjas, also some of the thinks you are asking like "Pop-Up" strikes already exist in the game with the Heavy Ground Slam.

Again, there are Mods for that, why add a Skill Tree to buff damage so much? The game already has enough problems with Power Creeping.

The "Cetus Tower" a.k.a Unum has been asked to be expanded upon countless times since Plains of Eidolon came out. Sadly [DE] hasnt done anything regarding it leaving a lot of potential behind.

I bought they would ever make any Raids there despite the endless potentials. I can imagine the Tileset being that of Lua but without the broken parts or exposed rocks, maybe a bit of broken parts and exposed flesh further up near the top or edges where the Ostrons often harvest from.

Puzzles yes please, i expet something that forces the Team to work together to get through like there was in the old Trials, preferably like the ones in Jordas Golem trials.

As for the Weapons, perhaps they could work like the Lich weapons but being Tenno Weapons with a slight twist in status and the added elemental effects.

I some times picture what the current "Sanctuary Onslaught" is being in the Unum as a form of Endless Tower map.

Ok so, first off Steel Path should be a form of end game... not just slightly harder enemies that even a MR8 can easily blast through. High mastery players and long time vets have no real incentive to play beyond farming plat and waiting for updates, giving them a whole new system of buffs and far higher enemies to fight in dungeon like levels will be very much appreciated as well as give those below MR25 a reason to stick around after MR16.

What i mean by simulated awareness is, make the enemies aware of being damaged so, if u cut him and he survives he backs off and attacks from a distance, if u cut him and he almost dies he freaks out and takes cover. This is just the basics of it but u should get the point.

Redoing the whole entire star chart again is an absolutely stupid idea. Doing the star chart once was enough to not want to play the game for 2 years, to do that all again is just stupid.

Lock on is exactly what it sounds likem idk whats hard to understand. The only difference being instead of actively locking on to a target and from that point on not being able to move the camera, i suggested a passive soft lock where it (passively)only targets those within camera view while giving u complete freedom to move the camera as normal. This would give the player the benefits of having a targeting system for skillful melee gameplay as well as complete freedom of movement still.

As for the "u know theres mods for that" stuff, u just need to try look beyond ur nose to see how what i said would make everyone happy.

As for dash strikes and air dash strike and all that, imagine ur little dodge roll gets upgraded to a dash (similar to blink) then add a quick slash after that dash. Now imagine upgrading that dash strikes distance and speed... now imagine upgrading that dash strike ti a air dash strike. Its the same as a dash strike except u can do it while airborne and on airborne enemies, again upgradable speed and distance and the ability to link dash strikes together which is where the passive lock on feature would come in. Imagine u see 4 enemies hovering above, u bullet jump to the first guy u air combo him u look to his buddy u air dash strike him then look to the next air dash to him. U cant tell me that isnt some badass ninjaism lol

For the record, my idea is aimed towards giving the vets that put in years to achieve their ranks and get what they have, to give them a sense of achievement as well as give the MR8's only played 70hrs a real goal to chase. It also gives hard enough content to contend with vet weaponry as we're all out here hitting in the millions of damage, it turns SP playthrough into dungeons for each planet, with worthy rewards this WILL be better than redoing the whole damn star chart again. Ngl but i absolutely hate the idea of redoing the star chart. Absolutely hate it with a passion.

Long time ago, warframes did have skill trees. I doubt they are going to go back to that. But I hope they will rework the operator trees, because they kinda suck. Players play the game for the warframes, not for the operators (nor railjack nor archwing lol), only using them when forced to. The trees need to be like 50% warframe nodes, 50% operator nodes. I would like to see small nodes for stat increases, and big nodes for significant mechanics that affect the warframes/operators. Currently, only the passives are good, and the rest could be ignored, except a few for very specific/niche play styles.

For raids, I hope they add varying difficulties, possibly a solo mode, to learn the mechanics. Then those mechanics are can be scaled up to really hard difficulties. Of course the rewards should be scaled to the difficulty.

I still believe Steel Path was a mistake, along with liches, and railjack. But DE almost never reverts major content, and when they do, it takes years, after they are outdated.

But the thing I want the most, is merging all content islands into the star chat missions themselves. Less spread out everyone is, the better. I don't do a Lith/Meso/Neo/Axi mission unless it's the only one of that tier, because of the lack of players.

On 2021-03-01 at 3:51 PM, (PSN)x_-SRmaestro-_x said:

lock Steel Path behind MR 25

What will happen to those who have already completed or at least started with the SP before being MR 25? Not saying I'm against having something locked behind MR 25, but SP doesn't make sense as many can already access it.

I'm not commenting on the rest of your suggestion, but would just like to point out there should be some reason (other than the pathetic MR 30 daily buff) to be any MR above 16. I currently have enough Mastery points to be MR 25, with enough items in my foundry to be MR 29, but I choose to stay at MR 22(+1 per year) since there is no milestone above 16.

If you want true end game you can lock something behind a moving goalpost that is currently at MR 28 by just requiring MR from non-exclusive items. Eg. things not in Prime Vault or from special events.

On 2021-03-01 at 2:30 PM, acevezwing said:

Why would you want to invade the dwelling place of the Unum who protects Cetus?

Apparently it's full of Kuva.

Which makes it mildly surprising to me that no-one's demanded the option to betray our allies in Cetus and pillage the place. 😆

2 hours ago, OmegaVoid said:

Which makes it mildly surprising to me that no-one's demanded the option to betray our allies in Cetus and pillage the place

Funny right? As if there is something powerful protecting the place.

Jokes aside, The Unum is powerful enough to withstand the attack of the colossal sentient. It was the same sentient that annihilated all Orokin Towers but hers. Also she managed to create energy walls large enough to cover the plains while also protecting Cetus that put even the Corpus think twice to raid the place.

It's either the Unum's power or the Ostron make some killer spice latte.

5 hours ago, acevezwing said:

As if there is something powerful protecting the place.

Well, the Unum is Orokin, so she'd canonically be able to just switch our Warframes off.

So, yeah, making it an Operator-only raid is probably enough to dissuade nearly the entire playerbase. 🤣

12 hours ago, acevezwing said:

or the Ostron make some killer spice latte.

They do at that. I had a supersize Ostron latte, and it kept me going long after I should've keeled over! 😃

Hmmmmm.... 🤔

I don't care what they tell us it means, I strongly suspect "surah" is Ostron for "sucker".

Steel path should have more mutators and secondary objective. It also should have better rewards.

Some sorties or nightmare modifiers could be great, or even some riven "challenges", additionnal steel essence would be a good reward :

Capture eximus stronghold, less than 90s.

spy : 3 perfect hack, not raising alarm.

extermination : (nightmare) timer

defense / survival : enemy types should be consistent with rotation C from the beginning.

etc.

also we should be able to select the ennemy level (+100, +200, ...)

Archived