Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack AFK issue

LIEBUST00

4 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

If you are referring to the last line by its own then it's one thing. But if you are taking the whole context and calling those "chill people", then I believe we've found one guys.

The trap has been sprung.

just your last line

The best way to solve this is by giving people something to do in the first place because if you arent pilot there is not a lot of stuff you can do. There is the artillery gunner and maybe one person crafting stuff. Going outside is usually frowned upon as is the side gunners using abilities. Boarding parties and things to repair happen much less frequently now. Shooting from the side guns is pretty awful aswell because you are at the mercy of the pilot's flight path.

I think DE should make the ground missions/points of interest happen at the same time as the pilot fights the space enemies but that will need more diverse PoI mission types than kill to radiators and the core in 12 different skins. I really hope orphix venom wont just be like the murex raid where your railjack is just a taxi to the next ship.

12 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

tries to shoot is not AFK!

Yes, it is not AFK if you say so.  But the point is they just sit there and do nothing else.  Even the ship gonna destoy soon, and other 2 players (1 player doing pilot) try to keep fixing ship.  Mostly ship got high damage, and they trying to destroy, 2 players is not enough to fixing things.  But, the gunner player do nothing.  They deal some of damage to enemies.  Like 2%, 3%, or whatever, but if  they need to fix, they have to fix.  

The players like that really need to know why they need to fix things.  They even don't care the mission is failing.  If we have vote to kick system, 4 people become 3, nothing is change (because still ship is gonna destroy and fail the mission), but at least other player could join, and that could be helpful in the mission.  Even pilot fixing things or resupplying resources if they need.  I know now Railjack missions almost play like shoot Tether to win kind of thing, but what will happen if you use all the Flux Energy?  Just say OMG my energy is gone, and do nothing? No.  They get out from the ship control, resupply Flux Energy, and keep playing stuff.  If ship got high damage, and they really need to fix things, they just move to ship in safer place, get out from the ship control, and fix the ship.  But the gunner player who don't care about what is going on still hit on the side gun, and do nothing.  

If you are host, owner of the ship, and doing pilot, you couldn't realize that he is doing nothing, or really?  You used all the Flux Energy, and you saw your teammates are on the side gun, so you chat like "could you resupply Flux Energy?" or whatever, but after that, team do nothing, just sit on the side gun.  Even you ping the front cannon to shoot down the crew ship, he is doing nothing.  If you are not pissed off in that situation, I want to say you are patience of saint.  

15 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Nah, they are not the AFK dudes, they are the "I dont mind or see a problem with people being AFK. I dont see what the big deal is, let them play how they want." kind of people.

Well, there's also the people who make up excuses for why people leech too. "Railjack is too easy, pilot solos it all." Even when that wasn't possible at the start, people still leeched regardless.

19 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

tries to shoot is not AFK!

Afk is often used to mean leeching, and shooting the air pretending to do something, is leeching. People sit on guns and occasionally shoot at nothing to not be seen as afk, but that's still contributing nothing, and they do this even if the pilot isn't mass-deleting things. People don't really "afk" in the game, because well, this generally means no rewards. What people do is contribute 0 and move occasionally.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Yamazuki:

Well, there's also the people who make up excuses for why people leech too. "Railjack is too easy, pilot solos it all." Even when that wasn't possible at the start, people still leeched regardless.

Afk is often used to mean leeching, and shooting the air pretending to do something, is leeching. People sit on guns and occasionally shoot at nothing to not be seen as afk, but that's still contributing nothing, and they do this even if the pilot isn't mass-deleting things. People don't really "afk" in the game, because well, this generally means no rewards. What people do is contribute 0 and move occasionally.

that clear. you can do a lot of strange things too.
only the definition is different. bad performance doesn't mean AFK.

of course you can code a lot with macros. just how does the author want to determine? In addition to expert knowledge, the logs from the server are also required here. therefore i find his statement extremely inappropriate.

I agree (even though I did afk a couple times that there really wasnt anything I could do) but there is no easy fix because the pilot holds a lot more strength than the rest of the ship, well piloted and with a tether, the rest of the crew is worthless except to fire the BFG or go inside asteroids and ships. But we cant have pilot nerfed because that would make solo RJ not possible (unless the implementation of the command intrinsics is good, which considering how specters behave in the game, I doubt massively). 

So what could be done to make AFK not possible? or at least not so good?

Vote to kick. Why? Obvious. Why wont it be done? Because it will be an elitist fest and thats not good.

Reduce the afk timer. Why? Because truth be told, 2 minutes of afk in this game is an eternity and it would help with the afking in the rest of the game. Probably will be done at some point. 

Improve the other stations. Why? Because they are worthless right now. As solo you can do the mission, park the RJ in a hole and go inside whatever u need to to finish the mission. Besides that there is a lot of bugs (which at this point it angers the f* out of me, there are bugs in the game still after years and its a fkng joke at this point) that make other stations even worse if u are not the host, for example, tether detonation on sideguns, aim going backwards in the bfg, big black boxes in bfg, etc...  Just fixing the tether bug would make sideguns worth it again but then there will be a lot of trolls just spamming tether and destroying ur flux. Now, improvements to other stations? We have to wait until new RJ update to see... Bug fixing? Nah, wont happen.. They dgaf about bugs, as is evident by there being bugs for years.

Increase the amount of XP you get by yourself and take away the affinity range.. If you want stuff, work for it...  Wont be done because thats not how this game works.

Make it so that reporting afk players serves a purpose... This one would be amazing, but.. well, we know it wont happen, even afk players bring in the plat.

So, summing it up, there has to be a combination of effort both by DE and by the players (reporting, teaching rj, or just plainly leaving the squad until everyone learns not to afk) to fix this

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Timidobserver said:

Not a good idea to create more need for help in a game mode that is mostly dead.

I am not advocating for the removal just merely pointing out its not the pilots that are OP just a avionic, gunner's popping off tether get the same result. I still can not figure why people think RJ is a dead play mode I never have a issue getting a full crew on my ship daily when I public.

Archived