Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wall attacks????

(PSN)Scarletboy76292

Yep, they are in a bad place. Wall clinging with guns is fine, but trying to go into a melee is horrible. 

1. You are stuck to a wall, so your range is quite limited.

2. Currently the attack speed seems unaffected by mods or abilities. I run Gauss which allows super fast meleeing, but try to melee from a wall and you go at a snail's pace.

There are 2 ways I can see them be made useful:

1. Meleeing does not take tou off the wall. You get increased range, but are stuck to the wall.

2. Meleeing shoots you away from the wall. Instead of a slow low range dive/roll attack from the wall it gets turned into a bullet slash, bursting forward hitting everything within a bulletjump trajectory.

11 hours ago, PhiThagRaid said:

2. Meleeing shoots you away from the wall. Instead of a slow low range dive/roll attack from the wall it gets turned into a bullet slash, bursting forward hitting everything within a bulletjump trajectory.

This. Make the wall melee a bullet jump with a spinning slash, hitting everything in your path. 

I say get rid of the "wall attack" entirely. Attacking while stuck to a wall would become a standard Ground Slam, instead, maybe with a slight boost to damage since it's a pain in the ass to pull off. You stick to a wall, aim, attack and your character lunges in that direction, then slams the ground there.

Also, can we please de-couple Latch and Aim already? I want to be able to wall-latch without necessarily aiming my gun.

4 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Also, can we please de-couple Latch and Aim already? I want to be able to wall-latch without necessarily aiming my gun.

Let's decouple gliding in general from aiming. The release input for necramechs was actually nice, I really can't fathom why they modified it. Holding the jump button seems the natural input for glide, it would also remove the annoying mechanic of auto-blocking triggering glide. 

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)ShonFr0st said:

Let's decouple gliding in general from aiming. The release input for necramechs was actually nice, I really can't fathom why they modified it. Holding the jump button seems the natural input for glide, it would also remove the annoying mechanic of auto-blocking triggering glide. 

Fully agreed. I'd like to see a separation of Glide, Latch, Block and Aim. You can still optionally put them on the same button similar to Sprint/Roll for those who like it that way, but we definitely need to be able to do just one of these without triggering the other. Let me glide without aiming. Let me latch without aiming. Let me block in the air without forcing me into a glide, etc.

I know WHY it's the way it is. Legacy code seems to have implemented all of these things as an extension to the Aim mechanic, so you need to trip Aim in order to trigger any of them. Well, to this I say "update the code." It's not simple, it's not cheap, but it really ought to be done. It would get rid of a lot of clumsiness.

Yeah, the reason that Wall Attacks are a thing, and are listed in every combo, is because they've never been taken out.

Back in the original Parkour, Warframes would literally only be able to run up a surface for a limited distance and horizontally along a surface until that surface ended. The tile-sets that have existed the longest without updates, like the Grineer Galleons and Asteroids, all have Parkour markings where Tenno have used them over and over again, and relics like the panelling along the walls that we're supposed to run along.

Back when this was a thing, the wall attacks were actually powerful functions as the were both a dismount from the run and an attack. The linear nature of the runs meant that any enemy you saw was actually a predictable target you could pick out and attack.

Since DE has never taken them out, they're still a function and largely haven't changed, even in the Melee 3.0 update. That's likely why they're still so slow.

Heck, you can see Mag do one in the very earliest 'Open Bet Launch trailer:

Spoiler

And Ash use one in the PS4 release trailer:

Spoiler

So DE really wanted to include these in the first place...

They've just forgotten they exist.

Just like Rebecca forgot that in-game voice chat existed while playing on Prime Time recently (it was hilarious, go find that video).

Archived