Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Putting Oberon behind Railjack is VERY new player unfriendly decision.

OwlOfJune

49 minutes ago, (XBOX)AnnabelleNewell said:

No need to say more. You literally just proved what I said again.

I did not understand what you proved but I will explain the link... the first paragraph describes that it is not a tier list but the page broke this rule because technically this is really a tier list it is just not integrated into the game 🤣

HUvtV6C.png

On 2021-05-16 at 3:07 AM, TheGrimCorsair said:

Oberon's fine where he's at now.

The OP is complaining about a non-issue.

It is an issue. Veil Proxima is a late game region. Players at that stage do not want useless Warframe parts, they want evergreen rewards. The addition of Oberon adds dilution to the Veil Derelict drop table. 

I was talking in region chat last night about this. The topic came about because of how smoking ephemera and seeding step ephemera require endless farming of railjack now. Region chat agreed it is such a ridiculous thing to do. So I wasn't crazy thinking it.

Passively earning a frame (without any extraneous steps) that can self sustain much more easily than other early frames was great for newer players.  Some people take a while to learn about parkour and moving super fast.  While these players get acclimated to the usual speed of the game, a lot of them take a more classic approach to Warframe as a shooter.  Oberon can be really good for this sort of slower play-style as his kit is better suited towards sustain and holding your ground (through causing disorder via radiation) as opposed to having the flashy, aggressive moves that a lot of other frames have.  Oberon can excel elsewhere, but easing new players into the game was, imo, the ideal way to introduce him.  Putting him into late game Railjack was a bad move.

Oberon was the 1st frame I built after excalibur. The healing was extremely valuable as a new player and I used him all the way to the second dream. I really don't think this decision was smart... By the time players even get to railjack they might have their first prime or at least several newer and better frames.

Archived