Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Railjack Update: How is It?

Just now, Kaotyke said:

It now has more focus on the base gameplay loop instead of space combat.

Which is terrible. A more solid bridge has been build between islands Railjack and Main Game instead of being just a rope.

Not sure why DEFENCE of all things as the endless type chosen, I feel that the Corpus Ship Defence map is terrible. Disruption would have been better.

what i expected when i saw defense was defending our railjack from hordes of boarders or using railjack to defend a disabled friendly ship, needless to say i was disappointed

2 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

what i expected when i saw defense was defending our railjack from hordes of boarders or using railjack to defend a disabled friendly ship, needless to say i was disappointed

I brainfarted an idea in Region chat about a Ground+Railjack mission in Region.

It would be a literal Mobile Defense: 

• Ground team Protects the Artifact from Enemy Waves.
  • Railjack team Protects a friendly ship that is coming to extract said Artifact.
  • Every 5 Waves the Artifact is teleported to the Friendly Ship and it Warps away.
  • Another Artifact is found (would work like the Uranus Defense works, but every 5 Waves it changes instead of every Wave)
  • Repeat

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

• Railjack team Protects a friendly ship that is coming to extract said Artifact.
  • Every 5 Waves the Artifact is teleported to the Friendly Ship and it Warps away.
  • Another Artifact is found (would work like the Uranus Defense works, but every 5 Waves it changes instead of every Wave)
  • Repeat

oh dear, i'm getting uncomfortable flashbacks to scarlet spear uplink disasters.

if everything works as intended then yea that could be a great endless gamemode 

vor 4 Minuten schrieb Kaotyke:

• Repeat

Good for solo players like me, that the mission design is in hands of DE and not in yours.

4 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

oh dear, i'm getting uncomfortable flashbacks to scarlet spear uplink disasters.

if everything works as intended then yea that could be a great endless gamemode 

Nah, it would be the same squad.

You know, when in they enter the Grineer places, hack a console and the Railjack has to shoot rAdIaToRs?

This would be the same, half of the team is outside, the rest in the ship.

On Failure conditions:

• Hull Breaches not fixed
  • X Number of Artifacts are destroyed and you are forced to extract.
  • X Number of Friendly Ships are destroyed and the mission becomes unfeasible.
  • Or everyone runs out of revives.

As for solo players the AI Tea---

1 minute ago, cliffghost said:

Good for solo players like me, that the mission design is in hands of DE and not in yours.

Do you need a hug?

8 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Nah, it would be the same squad.

You know, when in they enter the Grineer places, hack a console and the Railjack has to shoot rAdIaToRs?

This would be the same, half of the team is outside, the rest in the ship.

On Failure conditions:

• Hull Breaches not fixed
  • X Number of Artifacts are destroyed and you are forced to extract.
  • X Number of Friendly Ships are destroyed and the mission becomes unfeasible.
  • Or everyone runs out of revives.

As for solo players the AI Tea---

Do you need a hug?

ah i see, sounds a lot more interesting than defending a cryopod on an enemy ship in a horrible tileset and then leaving said cryopod behind because logic

Just now, cliffghost said:

Not anymore... good bye... 😂

No, seriously, I have the best kind of hug right here. I'm writting this on my phone as I finished cleaning the whole house, so I'm in a very "Homely" smell right now. A mix of sweat, BO and cleaning products.

From the lore perspective, I find the Warframing-of-the-Railjack (plexus, using WF energy instead of Flux) homogenizes the technology of the universe to an unfortunate extent. Gameplay-wise, from what I read, it's just Railjack except you spam a lot more energy restores. 

The Gist. You'll want for more Railjack and less ground missions, but then again this is focused on overhauling RJ's foundation. 

The Shake up. Plexus and Command Intrinsic shifted in a positive way. An Aura forma plus another forma is competitive enough, with optional two more pieces for some wiggle room 

The Novelty.  

• NPC Crew

This is me soloing with a turret critical build Plexus, packing critical-heavy turrets handled by 5-star gunner NPC's + Fortifying Fire

giphy.gif

just don't expect your NPC pilot to manoeuvre for Forward Artillery static targets like limping Crew ships or a Radiator

• Volatile is good, Orphix Venom is tolerable at 5 kills minimum
  • Corpus Proximas huge structures are gorgeous, crew ships are annoying, flashy new fodder fighters and at least one marked "secret" nice Derelict tileset per node 
  • New MK III Turrets and Hulls are quite easy to acquire. Like the Athodai and Carmine Penta parts, at least from what I experienced
  • New Corpus enemies that die so fast, I only knew existed from the Codex entries of my Helios Prime 😆
  • Liches are still bums waiting for some action

The Bugs. XP affinity loss is the worst I encountered so far, hopefully everything will be ironed out for you guys

Solo? Zekti Talyns with fire rate on the side turrets and two gunner crew it's beyond a joke. Sit back and relax as you sail through the entirety of railjack with ease.

Multiplayer? Good mucking luck. There's bugs upon bugs with a side of bugs served with bug salad topped with more bugs, all on a broken platter. Tldr, don't bother with multiplayer right now, unless you want to be utterly frustrated and waste your time. When it does barely function however and half your team don't afk, it's fun.

DE have their work cut out for them this time around. Hopefully they can nail these bugs without creating more bugs in the process.

Archived