The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More EXILUS slots, please

Scar.brother.help.me

45 minutes ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

Instead of two more exilus slots I would to see a slot dedicated to augments 🤔

Hehe, me too, but I've seen replies in similar threads over years that DE answered for that "NO" (I haven't heard that myself and I see no reason why, but it is what it is, probably their "vision" that they are not willing to share with us) - that's why I mension only exilus.

49 minutes ago, -TSA-warramssie said:

for being just an idea, this looks already very exciting in my build visions : PSF ,  Vigilante Pursuit and Power Drift or Rush ... all in the top row : now we talking.

In my Wisp-"meta" it would be [PSF] - [aero vantage] - [mobilize] (and its variations)

But there are tons of options really.

1 hour ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

More Exilus, please. They are fun and work well in combinations. As it is now - whenever u get Primed Sure Footed - it becomes your only choice on most of warframes and after you Polarise your only exilus slot for it, you are even more limited.

I agree, nerfing Primed Sure Footed and buffing other exilus mods will give us more interesting choices. 🤪

(I don't have a problem really with adding more exilus slots, but their capacity costs would need a lookover.) 

😉

On 2021-04-15 at 7:42 PM, Tiltskillet said:

I agree, nerfing Primed Sure Footed and buffing other exilus mods will give us more interesting choices. 🤪

(I don't have a problem really with adding more exilus slots, but their capacity costs would need a lookover.) 

😉

No nefring PSF plz, it has a huge capacity for its use, and you are right about capacity: it's going to be a bottleneck but why shouldn't it? I always forma the hell out of my favourite equipment  to fit it all. Let it be a platinum hole, I agree to pay that prise 😅

One or more slots additional would please every player so far, if they wanna embrace gunplay and stop nerfing crap to the ground instead.

Also, switching Natural Talent to the category of support mods, as it is one, would also be a welcomed change to this quite boring repetitive game, which as been this for years.

On 2021-04-15 at 12:42 PM, Tiltskillet said:

😉

I don’t think this is necessary. First, it needs 16 capacity. That is a huge steep cost. Second, while it is always nice to have, it is primarily used on melee frames. Most frames don’t need it.

On 2021-04-15 at 11:36 AM, iHeuksal said:

One or more slots additional would please every player so far, if they wanna embrace gunplay and stop nerfing crap to the ground instead.

Also, switching Natural Talent to the category of support mods, as it is one, would also be a welcomed change to this quite boring repetitive game, which as been this for years.

1. It wouldn't please me, for whatever that's worth.
  2. How would it help gunplay?  All it would do (at least all I see it doing) is people put Primed Sure Footed and also the next best thing for the Frame, usually meaning extra strength/range/energy for your Frame.
  3. I thought about it, and I don't really have a problem with Natural Talent being an exilus, as nearly all the abilities that benefit from this are either fast already, bad powers, or work on a timer and casting time doesn't matter as much.

IMO, nobody's FORCING you to put a certain mod on your Frame.  Yeah, there is the optimal way to play a frame, but that will never have the most qol in ALL categories.  I don't use Primed Sure Footed and never noticed when I did. (I play a variety of frames, so it's not that I was already largely immune to knockdowns).  Now, weapons like the Bramma and Stahlta do have legit knockdown issues, but even that can be avoided by using a modicum of aiming.

Now if the straight stat buffs like Power Drift and others were removed, I feel like there would be a case for this, but as it is, one exilus is enough.  You want extra sprint speed? Fine, just slam it into the exilus slot.  You want 100% resistance to knockdowns because you can't aim?  You have to sacrifice a *gasp* regular mod slot for that.

On 2021-04-15 at 9:20 AM, Scar.brother.help.me said:

after you Polarise your only exilus slot for it, you are even more limited.

Polarization limiting builds to certain exilus mods is a legit issue though.  Especially with something like an exilus slot, where you might want to put any number of qol mods in.

On 2021-04-15 at 10:20 AM, Scar.brother.help.me said:

after you Polarise your only exilus slot for it, you are even more limited.

I don't need more exilus slots. I really need more main slots. But as to this issue of build limitation due to polarizing, perhaps instead just introduce an Exilus Forma that works like Aura and Stance forma do?

On 2021-04-19 at 1:50 PM, xZeromusx said:

I don't need more exilus slots. I really need more main slots. But as to this issue of build limitation due to polarizing, perhaps instead just introduce an Exilus Forma that works like Aura and Stance forma do?

That sort of fixes the issue but I would really like to combine different parkour mods like Lightning Dash + Endurance Drift + Kavat's Grace (to bullet-jump really high and not care about landing). 

Open worlds Vigilante Pursuit + Enemy Radar + Stealth Drift/Thief's Wit for maxed maps. 

Aero Vantage + Patagium + Motus Signal on Ivara for high jumps and long glides

Streamlined Form + Synth Reflex if I use Vigorous Swap

Primed Sure Footed + Preparation + Rush/Mobilize for quick missions

And much much more, including combinations with auras like Aerodynamic, Loot Detector, Enemy Radar, Speed Holster and Sprint Boost

Minmaxing with Drift mods is not what everybody wants, there are lots of nice mods out there, but they just can't compete with really powerful ones like Umbra, Corrupted, Primed and just basic build ones like range, efficiency, etc. It is just a too much sacrifice for some QoL mods. Only dummy frames can afford to do so like Inaros when you can be 9000 hp or 7000 with a few free slots. 

On 2021-04-15 at 11:35 AM, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

Instead of two more exilus slots I would like to see a slot dedicated to augments 🤔

Augments should have their own UI shown in the Abilities screen (and in the abilities UI under stats), where you can choose from any augment you own on a per ability basis.

No more forcing us to use up highly limited  mod slots on bandaids

But yes, a dedicated augment slot next to Exilus would be helpful in the mean time.   or make ALL augments exilus enabled, and give 2 more exilus slots as OP showed. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Bump, I really mean it, exilus mods are pretty fun and sometimes useful, but there is no way to sacrifice normal mod slots just to get some higher (bullet)jumps, aim glides, some exilus augments, drifts, radars and even harder when you have [Primed Sure Footed] which is a bliss in this game and requires you to forma exilus slot for it on most warframes.

some possible solutions:

1. two more exilus slots to every warframe
2. move more exilus mods from warframes to sentinels/pets (just like [tracktor beam] for MOAs, [anti-grav array] for every robotic, [animal instinct], [scavenge])
3. Exilus universal forma would also come in handy

what. Why not just switch out some of those power mods when you don’t need them for content that doesn’t require them. Lower level = freedom to experiment, higher level = require consideration for what goes into a build

edit: I completely forgot I posted in this topic, haha. I just saw the title and was like “…What?” from being taken aback

Archived