Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leaderboards?

Seorel

Hello Everyone!

Every fifth/sixth post on the forums here seams to be some sort of demand for either PvP or Endgame content. 

An intuitive solution could be some form of leaderboards which would allow for indirect PvP competition. 

I'd imagine that things like most kills on x planet or most damage on some popular node would be the obvious inclusions. Though, it would obviously need to be standardized somehow, the exact mechanics aren't really what I am trying to get across here, more just wanting to bounce the idea off y'all. 

I think something along these lines would give new players an idea of the sort of power they will eventually be able to achieve, as well as giving mature players something to compare new builds against. Hek, it could even be some sort of high score inclusion for each node. 

Anyway, I am a long time lurker here who has been thinking about this a while. I love the game, and just wanted to toss in my two cents. 

Let me know how bad an idea y'all think it is. 

Thanks for reading, 

Seorel

P.S. - Even if you hate this idea, I think there is merit in finding a quasi PvP which values the skills Tenno have already acquired as opposed to requiring new ones. 

Stat leaderboards wouldn't really be a problem but Warframe isn't really a competitive game. Conclave was added and has been a total flop. Partially because it isn't that fun and partially because it just isn't "warframe"

There already are weekly leaderboards for endless modes and they probably get about as much attention as expected. Though adding more anyways wouldn't be a bad thing and the stats they could use are likely tracked already.

But the PvP crowd is incredibly small to begin with and even minor changes like this aren't likely to happen in the foreseeable future.

Also most of the people that talk about endgame wouldn't consider leaderboards or forms of player competition to match each of their hyper specific definitions of "endgame" anyways.

Leaderboards in this game are often exploitable, so they would need lots of upkeep from DE to have healthy competition that gives opportunity to players who are getting into the space. Events and Operations with measured performance are sort of a taste of what to expect with a permanent leaderboard system that has any rewards or profile stats attached to it.

The main issue I see from this is that fact most performance in this game is measured by how long you can keep the game running. In essence, instead of rewarding the skilled player who has burst performance, you're always going to be rewarding players who don't work, don't go to school, sleep rarely or in short/unhealthy amounts, etc. Rewarding most kills or endurance based missions encourages a really unhealthy lifestyle to have access to these rewards.

It's sort of nice that Operations happen once a year on average and have a short window for performance rather than a system that constantly encourages placement for rewards.

Don't we have leaderboards already? Or were those retired? These:

https://preview.redd.it/6um8uw0kr4j01.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=2838fb07ae08de5304b55a804c9445eae977fd9c

Anyways, yeah, further developing leaderboards could give some competitive players a potential endgame outlet. Developing Conclave a little would do the same, as would lifting the Armistice and updating Solar Rail Conflicts or opening up Stalker Mode or adding a PvEvP mode, etc. But why just one? Do them all. We've already got all this content developed anyways, it just needs a little more than the bare minimum of development to be good parts of the game. And if you don't like competing, don't.

4 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Conclave was added and has been a total flop. Partially because it isn't that fun and partially because it just isn't "warframe"

But mostly because DE just doesn't develop it. That's why it's not fun and why it "isn't Warframe". If it were developed more than the bare minimum then it could be fun, and then it could be a normal part of the game. And the few things it needs are either numbers changes or are mechanics that already exist elsewhere in the game.

2 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

But mostly because DE just doesn't develop it. That's why it's not fun and why it "isn't Warframe". If it were developed more than the bare minimum then it could be fun, and then it could be a normal part of the game. And the few things it needs are either numbers changes or are mechanics that already exist elsewhere in the game.

Totally agree.

FFS I think they could at the very least add some bot support so people wouldn't give up waiting for people to join a match.

Archived