Jump to content

Feedback I should have made long ago.


AreeSoothsayer

Recommended Posts

Do Warframes need mods to be able to use their powers?

Do our Mechs need mods to be able to use their combat systems?

No.

So why do our Kubrows, Kavats, Moas and Sentinals need such things?

I can understand weapons. Warframes equip guns and melee weapons. Mechs do too.

However sniffing and digging up stuff? Dogs do it all the time. Grappling and Pinning? Dogs play fight all the time doing that. Chase each other too. Cats? Ever watch kittens at play? Grab and kick those backlegs. Natural skills. Trained skills.

Mods are Modifications. If you need them attached to mods. treat em like auras or stances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Anemosylva said:

The only counter argument towards removing them as mods is that Precept mod placement determines priority of use.... but with how the Battle mods in the Plexus now function, an elegant solution may already indeed exist.

But that's just the thing, there's only one Railjack. There's an assortment of companions that should have unique functionality, and they cannot have that when their own Precept mods aren't naturally integrated into them. The only thing differentiating the Kubrows, Kavats, Predasites, Vulpaphylas, Sentinels & Moas from their peers are the appearance & stats that come with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

Railjack [...] naturally integrated

That's not how it works for Railjack.

Railjack has separate tabs for "buff" / "ability" / "utility" so something like that could also be used for Companions.

Mind, personally I think 10 slots is an acceptable amount, at least for Robotic Companions,
however Kubrows & co should probably just get a "weapon" slot already, their modding space is significantly more limited.

5 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

I can understand weapons. Warframes equip guns and melee weapons. Mechs do too.

However sniffing and digging up stuff? Dogs do it all the time. Grappling and Pinning? Dogs play fight all the time doing that. Chase each other too. Cats? Ever watch kittens at play? Grab and kick those backlegs. Natural skills. Trained skills.

Who trains our Pets? Not least, to do things in a targeted way in the heat of combat?
Play fighting is a bit different than rushing towards whatever monstrosities we're facing on a daily basis.

Why train them when space magic aka Mods can teach / enhance these abilities they may have a natural affinity towards?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

That's not how it works for Railjack.

Railjack has separate tabs for "buff" / "ability" / "utility" so something like that could also be used for Companions.

Mind, personally I think 10 slots is an acceptable amount, at least for Robotic Companions,
however Kubrows & co should probably just get a "weapon" slot already, their modding space is significantly more limited.

I know that's not how Railjacks work, that's not even the point I'm trying to make.

Because there's only one Railjack to worry about & one Plexus to level, DE guaranteed that there would be a plethora of different ability & utility mods to outfit your Railjack with, allowing the player to have a multitude of different mod combinations.

The main issue with companions rests on the fact that, unlike Warframes or Necramechs, their Precept mods do not come naturally integrated into them to set them apart from their peers. You cannot equip Stalk on a Sunika Kubrow, that Precept mod is exclusive to the Huras Kubrow, but you have to apply the Precept mod to the Huras Kubrow in order to enable it to use the Stalk ability.

Once again, without the Precept mods, the only thing that differentiates companions from one another are their stats & appearance. An unmodded Sunika will function the exact same as a Huras, Raksa, Chesa & Sahasa. That's why Precept mods should just become naturally integrated abilities.

Oh, and separate modding for claw weapons is an excellent idea too, one I've been demanding for quite some time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (PSN)IndianChiefJeff said:

The main issue with companions rests on the fact that, unlike Warframes or Necramechs, their Precept mods do not come naturally integrated into them to set them apart from their peers. You cannot equip Stalk on a Sunika Kubrow, that Precept mod is exclusive to the Huras Kubrow, but you have to apply the Precept mod to the Huras Kubrow in order to enable it to use the Stalk ability.

Once again, without the Precept mods, the only thing that differentiates companions from one another are their stats & appearance. An unmodded Sunika will function the exact same as a Huras, Raksa, Chesa & Sahasa. That's why Precept mods should just become naturally integrated abilities.

As was mentioned, Precept Priority is a thing.
Of course unmodded Companions do the same thing (i.e. nothing*),
but modded ones, of the same type, can be made to function quite differently.

Plus not least, if for whatever reason I don't actually want my Huras to make me invisible at all
(or, for a more reasonable example, make my Wyrm not scatter enemies all over the place yet retain Negate functionality),
having abilities integrated would not allow that anymore.

*= well actually, Pets attack on their own, which is an already-existing instance
where not being able to turn off an integrated function can be an issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, (PSN)Anemosylva said:

The only counter argument towards removing them as mods is that Precept mod placement determines priority of use.... but with how the Battle mods in the Plexus now function, an elegant solution may already indeed exist.

Copy/paste Plexus UI and functionality, creating a separate page of abilities from stats. EZ fix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

As was mentioned, Precept Priority is a thing.
Of course unmodded Companions do the same thing (i.e. nothing*),
but modded ones, of the same type, can be made to function quite differently.

Plus not least, if for whatever reason I don't actually want my Huras to make me invisible at all
(or, for a more reasonable example, make my Wyrm not scatter enemies all over the place yet retain Negate functionality),
having abilities integrated would not allow that anymore.

*= well actually, Pets attack on their own, which is an already-existing instance
where not being able to turn off an integrated function can be an issue.

Totally agree here. I use wyrm prime and don't use a weapon or crowd dispersion(super yeet) cause it can mess up animal/simaris captures, stealth missions etc. So I just roll with a basic defense package.

6BD76547-0246-4B54-83BD-DE5EB5275283.jpeRJ

Totally down with an upgrade as long as weapons and super yeets still get slotted like the Plexus. Also it was mentioned a while ago but maybe now that we have an official RJ Menu on console with the R1-left arrow menu... maybe a companion wheel so down and then L1 to get a companion wheel for more options? For pets, syndicate allies, Liches/QueenPins, Specters and so on. Maybe after the Arch Wing Modularization Update?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...