Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BEST MELEE WEAPON FOR A BEGINNER PLAYER

Arkitekto

10 minutes ago, Arkitekto said:

What is the best melee for a starter player? Not exceeding MR5.

Xoris
Redeemer
Zaws
Atterax

Xoris would be my top pick, Atterax would be my lowest. All are good. Xoris is far stronger than anything else available at that Mastery Rank.

Doesn't matter. Something that doesn't have MK1 in its name. Mods/stances, especially on melee, are what makes or breaks them.

Assuming you had all the mods it's probably technically a Zaw that uses some sort of high faction standing parts. Otherwise to name a few that come to mind that are decent: Xoris, Skana, Mire, Galatine, Guandao, Nikana and Redeemer.

But again, it's mostly mods. Currently even "bad" melee weapons can be modded to work until the late activities in the game. Don't stress yourself quite yet. Use something you have a stance for.

I don't know... Broken War ? 

If only they removed the MR Locks on Syndicate Weapons then I would say the Telos Boltace just for its Passive....

Ofcourse Tonfa Class Weapons also have a guaranteed Slash Proc on their Heavy Attacks so that helps too....

32 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I don't know... Broken War ? 

If only they removed the MR Locks on Syndicate Weapons then I would say the Telos Boltace just for its Passive....

Ofcourse Tonfa Class Weapons also have a guaranteed Slash Proc on their Heavy Attacks so that helps too....

Broken War is MR 10...

49 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Broken War is MR 10...

which doesn't matter because you get it by completing a quest.

I go with this

3 hours ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Something that doesn't have MK1 in its name. Mods/stances, especially on melee, are what makes or breaks them.

Use what YOU like the most and feel most comfortable with using. Modding is key. I can use a normal Galatine to onehit Mobs in Steelpath 🤣

4 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

which doesn't matter because you get it by completing a quest.

I go with this

Use what YOU like the most and feel most comfortable with using. Modding is key.

Oh right! that's a good point!

Broken War would be a very good option then.

Sometimes I get a new melee out of the forge to master it, slap colours on it, do a few missions just fine, then I'll take it to a sortie and think "huh, this thing needs a few too many hits to kill these physical enchancement enemies, that's a bit weird".

Then I'll check my arsenal and discover I've put no mods whatsoever on it.

The best melee is whatever you like using.

Archived