Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing without doing quests

Paynedealer

Question

I need a Warframe experts advice. If I want to play Warframe without doing any quests, or at least the LEAST amount of quests I can. How do I do it? For example lets say I am happy with MR10 for a long time. What can I do to maximize the types of regular missions I can do (not railjack, archwing, voids or any other higher level play. Currently I'm a MR7 and I'm happy, but I play a LOT of defense/survival missions as that is what I enjoy. How far can I go in the game doing this? Any good advice to keep playing missions with lots of blasting and very little thinking or route planning (memorizing tiles) or other roadblocks to killing bad guys is my goal. Please think about this in depth and give me some ideas. I don't care what my MR rank is, I just want the maximum "kill everything" type of missions where I don't mission fail due to running around and not moving quickly enough to fail the mission. I like standing or running around in a smaller area blasting away. Thank you for any help.

Plus my name is not Dorkyloser so how do I get it fixed on this site. I have the correct name in the game.

6 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, Dorkyloser said:

If I want to play Warframe without doing any quests, or at least the LEAST amount of quests I can. How do I do it?

ryan reynolds hd GIF

32 minutes ago, Dorkyloser said:

Plus my name is not Dorkyloser so how do I get it fixed on this site. I have the correct name in the game.

Relog on the forums, should fix it.

Quests and MR aren't really tied to each other, so let's talk about them separately.

If you do not want to do any Quests, do you still want to clear the Star Chart?  Get access to more mods, frames and weapons?  Factions?  A small handful of quests are required for each of these, so you can definitely choose what you do not want and skip those.

For MR, you should know by now that you gain extra loadout slots, void trace storage, base mod capacity, etc. on each rank up.  If you do not mind not having these, then of course you do not need to worry about raising your rank.  By MR15 you will have access to all equipment and by MR16 all mods (Rivens).  But feel free to stop earlier if you do not want or need anything of higher rank:
https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank#All

You can certainly play that way, but some of the solar rail junctions will require certain quests to be completed in order to progress to the next planet. Being able to access the following planets will require the listed quests below.

Venus: Vor's Prize

Mars: Once Awake

Jupiter: the Archwing

Europa: Stolen Dreams

Saturn: the New Strange

Neptune: Natah

Pluto: the Second Dream

Kuva Fortress: the War Within (immediately on completion of quest)

Lua: the Second Dream (immediately on completion of quest)

You may be able to bypass the junctions if someone brings you to a mission on that planet, but this may not work for Lua or Kuva Fortress.

So, TL;DR: if you want to be able to access every planet/region, the above quests are the minimum you will need to complete to do so.

With regards to only playing missions you consider fun, just check the mission type before you start it, and unlock as many as you can to give yourself more options. You may have to do a mission that may be less exciting to get to unlock another that is more fun, but you'll only have to do it once.

Well you're in luck because i am an bona fide certified warframe expert. Graduated from the totally legit warframe school with a compliment from the tenno counselor.

Warframe is not a linear game where you can go from start to finish, or quest number one to final quest. You can play the game however you want. There's no finish line in this game. People make archwings because they want to travel faster in open worlds, people do void fissures because they want to make prime frames. Many people hate making necramechs, but they did it anyway because they want to take on larger baddies with a mech. 

If you just want to play defense missions, well... just play defense missions. You might gonna have to advance through the starchart to unlock said missions. But you can also ask others nicely and some might taxi you to nodes that you haven't unlocked. 

We all do stuff just to help us do other stuff in this game. You do what you want.

THANK YOU!! You all gave me fantastic answers. With my new found baby Tenno knowledge I can now enjoy the game. You all provided answers that seem to have  come from Warframe experts. Now how do I put one of you on retainer? It would be nice to have my own expert in my "back pocket" so to speak. What would it take? Plat? Money sent to your house? Gifts of gold? 🙂 You all did an awesome job, thank you again.

Archived