Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dead game? Or?

darth80

Question

Hello. Im old player but i switched from pc to xbox recently and start all again (yeah no crossplay).

And when i play u always have problem to find any team... cant find clan , on chat there are only 2-3ppl...

What happend to this game? Or this is problem with xbox? I try switch region (im from europe, Poland) with no effect. So i cant farm on defends, cant make stronger bosses because its teamplay game and no teams in game. Im very lucky if i find void team or railjack...

Any help with this? (Yea i cant back to pc)

13 answers to this question

I think part of it is that there's a lot of nodes these days, which does thin the playerbase somewhat. I mean, there's some 250-odd for the starchart, the daily sortie, a bunch of Railjack modes, Lich versions, nightmare modes, the steel path...

So the player population is probably spread like butter.

47 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I think part of it is that there's a lot of nodes these days, which does thin the playerbase somewhat. I mean, there's some 250-odd for the starchart, the daily sortie, a bunch of Railjack modes, Lich versions, nightmare modes, the steel path...

So the player population is probably spread like butter.

They actually cut the nodes in half about four years ago. The real problem is that half the playerbase gets super concentrated into like five nodes (Hydron, ESO, etc.), and the other half all run premade squads

59 minutes ago, darth80 said:

Hello. Im old player but i switched from pc to xbox recently and start all again (yeah no crossplay).

And when i play u always have problem to find any team... cant find clan , on chat there are only 2-3ppl...

What happend to this game? Or this is problem with xbox? I try switch region (im from europe, Poland) with no effect. So i cant farm on defends, cant make stronger bosses because its teamplay game and no teams in game. Im very lucky if i find void team or railjack...

What kind of hours of the day are you playing?

One of Warframe's biggest threat in terms of player retention is having so many missions which can create player fragmentation, with so many people doing different mission at any given time, and I have found as a North American and on PC (I know, different region, different platform, but still), that it can depend on when I am on. 

If I am playing during evening and weekends no trouble finding plenty of people for any missions. 

I try to play missions during your average school/work hours in North America, or super early like 3-4 in the morning on a weekday, I might struggle to find a fuller squad as often in random public games, especially the less popular nodes. (something like sortie is so popular you usually still find though, at least in NA region on PC). 

18 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

They actually cut the nodes in half about four years ago. The real problem is that half the playerbase gets super concentrated into like five nodes (Hydron, ESO, etc.), and the other half all run premade squads

Steel Path effectively doubled them all again, so still, there's a lot of nodes. There's around 250-odd modes, albeit counting the Railjack Proximas. So that's around 500 right off the bat, plus variants for all the different sub-modes like Kuva Siphons, floods, Syndicate missions, Sorties and Liches.

14 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

It didn't get cut by that much and since then they more than tripled the old amount with the likes of liches, railjack and steelpath.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Steel Path effectively doubled them all again, so still, there's a lot of nodes. There's around 250-odd modes, albeit counting the Railjack Proximas. So that's around 500 right off the bat, plus variants for all the different sub-modes like Kuva Siphons, floods, Syndicate missions, Sorties and Liches.

It could use another culling. 

8 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

What kind of hours of the day are you playing?

One of Warframe's biggest threat in terms of player retention is having so many missions which can create player fragmentation, with so many people doing different mission at any given time, and I have found as a North American and on PC (I know, different region, different platform, but still), that it can depend on when I am on. 

If I am playing during evening and weekends no trouble finding plenty of people for any missions. 

I try to play missions during your average school/work hours in North America, or super early like 3-4 in the morning on a weekday, I might struggle to find a fuller squad as often in random public games, especially the less popular nodes. (something like sortie is so popular you usually still find though, at least in NA region on PC). 

Well im playing mostly from 20 till 1-2 after midnight, so hours are not the problem.

Warframe clan recruitment is also hard - you cant find clan and send join request.

I hope they make crossplay because now im stuck at Jupiter and exping/crafting new weapons with solo is very hard. I can only find teams for void.

5 hours ago, darth80 said:

Well im playing mostly from 20 till 1-2 after midnight, so hours are not the problem.

Warframe clan recruitment is also hard - you cant find clan and send join request.

I hope they make crossplay because now im stuck at Jupiter and exping/crafting new weapons with solo is very hard. I can only find teams for void.

What region are you playing on?  NA region is the most active on XBox.  I think Europe is next after that.  Some of the other regions are pretty sparse.

On 2021-05-18 at 6:06 AM, darth80 said:

as you can see from the amount of new posts and replies in this forum, warframe is marvelously far from dead.

no, people don't play starchart together anymore because they're so easy to solo, and randumbs always find ways to mess it up. or at the very least take their dear lord sweet time to arrive at extraction.
you will still find random groups on some popular farming nodes, though.

chat is always crowded and lively on my end, though.

anyway, at this point most warframe players will be in better place if treating it as a solo game with occasional teaming instead of the other way around.

12 hours ago, Soy77 said:

as you can see from the amount of new posts and replies in this forum, warframe is marvelously far from dead.

no, people don't play starchart together anymore because they're so easy to solo, and randumbs always find ways to mess it up. or at the very least take their dear lord sweet time to arrive at extraction.
you will still find random groups on some popular farming nodes, though.

chat is always crowded and lively on my end, though.

anyway, at this point most warframe players will be in better place if treating it as a solo game with occasional teaming instead of the other way around.

So something is wrong with my chat - on region chat, recruit chat and other are empty as hell... im on europe xbox region and i have 2ppl and cephalon... it 22:00 gmt+1

On 2021-05-19 at 5:07 PM, darth80 said:

So something is wrong with my chat - on region chat, recruit chat and other are empty as hell... im on europe xbox region and i have 2ppl and cephalon... it 22:00 gmt+1

Sometimes it can also be your internet connection. Check that your NAT type is 1(Open) preferable. That will allow you to connect with virtually anyone. Also you can increase the ms limit for matchmaking, which by default is 300ms.

But remember this: Xbox has low players in general, not just Warframe.

Archived