Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Natural Talent should be integrated passively as abilities level up

Aetzio

Surely I can't be the only one to think this, but surely our casting speed should increase, even just a bit, when our abilities level up.  Not at the exact same rate as Natural Talent, but to some amount surely.  Your abilities increase in stats, casting speed should be one of them.

honestly casting speed normally only affects the older frames. Newer frames generally don't need natural talent because if a cast is too slow it's considered clunky. I agree it should just be baked into every power it affects.

15 hours ago, Faulcun said:

I think things like this should be baked into mastery rank

I've always wanted some sort of stat tree for MR that you could assign specifically for each loadout.

Not adding stats to duration. efficiency, range and strength but things like armor, health, energy, shields, sprint speed, casting speed, specific elemental resistances, shield recharge rate/delay, parkour velocity, aim glide duration, enemy radar, holster speed, evasion etc. I guess it would be more like a lists of passives you specialize in to compliment specific loadouts.

Most people would probably call power creep but MR would mean something besides just a number if you had an actual reward as you progress.

edit: 

on topic I too would like faster cast speed plz and ty. 

On 2021-05-22 at 8:11 AM, Aetzio said:

Surely I can't be the only one to think this, but surely our casting speed should increase, even just a bit, when our abilities level up.

This gave me an idea. Add second stage for frame leveling past 30 to 100. A much much harsher exp scale and very small, close to insignificant rewards such as .5% run speed, or .5% wall latch, or .5% casting speed. Once you max your level (which will be incredibly difficult), you'd get around 30-35% boost in those stats. We could even have level gates that unlock certain passives, such as natural talent, or hit recovery etc etc. This'd add a bit more RPG feel to the game

19 hours ago, deothor said:

This gave me an idea. Add second stage for frame leveling past 30 to 100. A much much harsher exp scale and very small, close to insignificant rewards such as .5% run speed, or .5% wall latch, or .5% casting speed. Once you max your level (which will be incredibly difficult), you'd get around 30-35% boost in those stats. We could even have level gates that unlock certain passives, such as natural talent, or hit recovery etc etc. This'd add a bit more RPG feel to the game

Interesting idea. I would spend so many forma on it (I mean if it uses forma). I added a little bit to it:

No thanks. I’m not a fan of intrinsically getting more powerful as levels increase. I’d prefer leaving it up to the mod system so that everything is a choice instead of being forced into being more powerful

edit: Hmm 🤔 Though it’s small, and we already have skills and health/shields leveling up and intrinsically becoming more powerful.

I guess ultimately it’s right on the cusp of “meh” personally, but preference for mod control pushes me that little bit off the fence

2 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

No thanks. I’m not a fan of intrinsically getting more powerful as levels increase. I’d prefer leaving it up to the mod system so that everything is a choice instead of being forced into being more powerful

edit: Hmm 🤔 Though it’s small, and we already have skills and health/shields leveling up and intrinsically becoming more powerful.

I guess ultimately it’s right on the cusp of “meh” personally, but preference for mod control pushes me that little bit off the fence

my main problem with the cast speed mod is it just isn't really needed at all with newer frames. The only ones that desperately need it are some of the oldest frames now. Design has moved away from cast speed as a balance metric and now it seems to only exist as a mod tax for older frames.

Archived