Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva weapons drop chance

Kegnor97

right now there are 16 kuva weapons that can be spawned with a lich, that means that if you´re looking for a specific weapon you have a 6.25% of getting the one you´re looking for (assuming you´re only looking for 1 weapon). Now, low drop chances have been in warframe since I started playing but what I´m worried about is that with the addition of new kuva weapons that number will only get lower (5.26% with the upcoming kuva hek, zarr and gratller), DE has already faced a similar problem with prime equipment via the prime vault wich reduces the relic drop table size but I don't know if "vaulting" lich weapons is the way to go (would make things a bit too similar) but I do think it is something that needs to be addressed since chances are DE will keep adding new ones. What I was thinking (wich can be very easy or very hard to implement depending on how are the drop tables actually set up) is that if a player sapwns and defeats a kuva larving but does not execute it, that player will be unabe to spawn another Larving with the same weapon again for a limited period of time, and the player can repeat this process untill the weapon he is looking for reaches 100% drop chance or the drop table reaches a pre-defined minimum size. That is the solution I came up with, but I don't know if any of you have a different solution to this problem

I don't expect them to do anything about it. 

It's a grind game. They want to fill up your time with as much grind as possible. 

Having to repeat the mission over and over and over again to get the weapon you want will make you do more runs. 

I once spent like 40 runs just trying to get 1 of 2 weapons I wanted to appear...

And that's how DE wants it because you will play more. 

hace 3 horas, Tesseract7777 dijo:

I don't expect them to do anything about it. 

It's a grind game. They want to fill up your time with as much grind as possible. 

Having to repeat the mission over and over and over again to get the weapon you want will make you do more runs. 

I once spent like 40 runs just trying to get 1 of 2 weapons I wanted to appear...

And that's how DE wants it because you will play more. 

Sure, but there is a difference between keeping drop chances low and making them idefinetley smaller, as I said, they already addressed a similar issue in the past with the prime vault: instead of letting all the relics be avalible at the same time they restrict the relic drop tables to a managable size instead of having a drop chance below 1%

hace 3 horas, (PSN)haphazardlynamed dijo:

Consider Riven Mods

as time passes and more weapons are added, the odds of getting one for your specific weapon gets ever lower

The world hasn't come to an end though

and Rivens are much harder to farm than larvlings; at least with the larvlings they tell you what weapon they'll give before you commit.

That is true, however I think there are a few factors worth taking into account:

1: rivens don't give maestry and kuva weapons do: sure not everyone is interested in being mr 30 and beyond but for the people who are a constantly reducing drop chance may be way too frustrating.

2: you only need to get a riven for a desired weapon once: the elemental bonus system means you have to aquire a weapon multiple times if you want to get it to that sweet 60% bonus, with a constantly reducing drop chance there would be a point where having multiple lucky hits would be next to imposible.

And 3: as great as a riven can be, they rarely bring something new to the overall expirience (at least in my case) while a kuva weapon can, granted there are buch of kuva weapons that you can safeley skip but there are also cases like the bramma or nukor that really are worth having, that is if the chance to spawn a lich with then isn't too low to make it worth the trouble

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Kegnor97:

2: you only need to get a riven for a desired weapon once: the elemental bonus system means you have to aquire a weapon multiple times if you want to get it to that sweet 60% bonus, with a constantly reducing drop chance there would be a point where having multiple lucky hits would be next to imposible.

You're forgetting the bonus you get when doing Valence Fusions. You don't need "multiple lucky hits" to max out a weapon, ever. You need exactly one lucky hit in the top third of the range and between one and three other weapons whose rolls don't even matter.

hace 3 horas, pascaLLL_ dijo:

Well, you can trade them.

Yes, you can trade them, but if the general drop chance becomes too low prices will get too high because of the limited supply and become something like the loki prime set: way too expensive for what it actually is (not that loki is bad, just that he is way more expensive than other great frames like mesa or saryn) besides, you can also trade prime sets but that hasn't prevented DE from applying the void relic regulation with the vaulting system and use regular unvaultings to prevent prices from becoming too high

hace 3 horas, Krankbert dijo:

You're forgetting the bonus you get when doing Valence Fusions. You don't need "multiple lucky hits" to max out a weapon, ever. You need exactly one lucky hit in the top third of the range and between one and three other weapons whose rolls don't even matter

I think I did't make myself clear, what I refer to as a "lucky hit" is a lich with the weapon you are looking for regardless of bonus damage, and considering that low % are more common (according to the wiki) chances are you'll get a bunch of those to max out the weapon, which sure, it is possible with the current drop chance but may be too much of a pain in the future if enough lich weapons are added

chances are nothing will be done, and I'm certainly not expecting the first, fifth or even fifteenth Larvling I take down to have one of the 3 new weapons: I own all the old ones, so my chances  of getting a new one are what, 3 out of 19?, so that's about 1 in 6, and then getting worse for the second weapon, culminating in a 1 in 19 chance of getting the last remaining Kuva weapon. 

Corpus Lich weapons will be better because the first one, tow or maybe three or more will all be new, and Ergo Glast has the Briefcase weapons anyway, so I'm going to try and get the harder hunt for the 3 new Kuva Weapons out of the way first (also because I really want to see this Grattler Variant.)

hopefully RNGsus will be merciful lol.

hace 3 horas, (PSN)robotwars7 dijo:

chances are nothing will be done, and I'm certainly not expecting the first, fifth or even fifteenth Larvling I take down to have one of the 3 new weapons: I own all the old ones, so my chances  of getting a new one are what, 3 out of 19?, so that's about 1 in 6, and then getting worse for the second weapon, culminating in a 1 in 19 chance of getting the last remaining Kuva weapon. 

Corpus Lich weapons will be better because the first one, tow or maybe three or more will all be new, and Ergo Glast has the Briefcase weapons anyway, so I'm going to try and get the harder hunt for the 3 new Kuva Weapons out of the way first (also because I really want to see this Grattler Variant.)

hopefully RNGsus will be merciful lol.

I'm sure nothing will be done in the near future because drop chances aren't that low YET, and "yet" is the keyword here, right now drop chances are somewhat tolerable, but with the addition of new wepons in the future (by "future" I mean after sisters of parvos) it can become quite a pain, and sure, DE is all about extending playtime with rng and other means, but if they were ok with indefinetley reducing drop chances then they would not vault frames and weapons reducing the relic drop table to a managable size

vor einer Stunde schrieb TARINunit9:

They promised us a freaking "bait" system, where we could CHOOSE the weapons the Lich had. If we can put the pressure on them we might be able to hold them to that

well ... will probably be the same story as with deimos: embarrassing 2% drop chance for mech mod and after a few months there is a realistic drop chance as a reward at the end of the mission. the aim is to keep the players busy for months. not more.
but for pressure you need organization and a large auditorium. when i read through the forum i always see the same people. therefore nothing is likely to happen.

19 hours ago, Kegnor97 said:

Sure, but there is a difference between keeping drop chances low and making them idefinetley smaller, as I said, they already addressed a similar issue in the past with the prime vault: instead of letting all the relics be avalible at the same time they restrict the relic drop tables to a managable size instead of having a drop chance below 1%

I get what you are saying. I don't want to sound like a wet blanket, but I'm just cynical I guess. 

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

They promised us a freaking "bait" system, where we could CHOOSE the weapons the Lich had. If we can put the pressure on them we might be able to hold them to that

That would be nice, but at this point if they haven't, I feel like they may have decided they don't want us to have that convenience. 

Nothing to be lost from banging the drum again for a while though, and reminding them they said that. At the very least, if they decided to drop it, they owe us a confirmation and an explanation. 

Archived