Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The weapon rebalance (as in new mods) really might just be the most engaging and fun WF has been in a while.

Doraz_

10 hours ago, Doraz_ said:

I don't wanna say " the famous last words" xD but I am truly hyped for the primary/melee changes.

In the best of outcomes, it will result in the entire community having days and weeks of experimentarion and farming to figure out (hopefully) which of the new-found freedoms build-wise are more fun to use.

And we have (debatably) actual new content to test it :D ... instead of the simulacrum.

What's the word ... " carefull optimism" ?

no ... "exited as HEK can be!", yeah that's it :3

What else is there to do but be optimistic? It’s going to happen regardless. 

however, being pessimistic, if rivens couldn’t make guns viable then why would other things? We have all of our ranged weapons modded the way we like them, what could they possibly do that wouldn’t just end up being “The New Grind” which would distract from the new war. 

maybe if they added on more rows of mod slots like necramech and rail jacks have but unless they add a whole lot specialized mods based on weapon, weapon category, and weapon class to act like weapon “augments” other than that I think this is silly and may end up getting reverse after the sisters release.

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Just wait for a few days until some youtuber releases a meta setup and we’re all back to square one where everyone settled on one setup and stick with it. 

Might as well just remove IPS entirely and merge them into one damage type. The damage system is so bloated the best way to fix it is to trim it down slightly. Removing IPS and merging them into one is a good start for that. Instead of having to balance 11 damage types, DE now only needs to balance 9.

“Ballistic damage type” procs slash, and has a chance to open enemies up to parazon finishers.

Bonus against health, penalty against armor and huge penalty vs shields.

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Excitement (and pessimism) weren't invented recently. This comment doesn't even make sense. If players discussing their perspective on upcoming updates ruins the content for you, you're free to just remove yourself from the Forums until it's live.

Being "hyped" for something isn't new, but marketing has scalated that notion of excitement and since we are submitted to media forms almost everyday (unless you try to stay away). Player discussing stuff isn't ruinning anything for me, but a user being hyped to then being absurdly dissapointed by false expectations is something that I read here almost periodically, devs faces backlash and then we see unwanted changes that will probably end up worsening the state of the game, wich is something you've said tons of times (about "nerfs", bugs, content, you know, those "first" comments that you edit ad infinitum on patchnotes).

Hype culture is ruinning every form of media, because marketing is advertising stuff that doesn't exist. Remember Cyberpunk 2077? The hype was so big that the game flopped dramatically, wich ended up with alot of controversy and a still bugfest of a game. The game wouldn't sell that much if people weren't hyping like idiots and making an informed purchase.

This is why I think "hype culture" is ruinning every form of media, because people trust marketing blindly OR creators (gamedevs, writters, musicians, etc) aren't capable to deliver something that can live to that false and bloated expectations. In both cases, consumers (and in this case, players) are guilty, and so marketing teams across the globe.

23 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Being "hyped" for something isn't new, but marketing has scalated that notion of excitement and since we are submitted to media forms almost everyday (unless you try to stay away). Player discussing stuff isn't ruinning anything for me, but a user being hyped to then being absurdly dissapointed by false expectations is something that I read here almost periodically, devs faces backlash and then we see unwanted changes that will probably end up worsening the state of the game, wich is something you've said tons of times (about "nerfs", bugs, content, you know, those "first" comments that you edit ad infinitum on patchnotes).

Hype culture is ruinning every form of media, because marketing is advertising stuff that doesn't exist. Remember Cyberpunk 2077? The hype was so big that the game flopped dramatically, wich ended up with alot of controversy and a still bugfest of a game. The game wouldn't sell that much if people weren't hyping like idiots and making an informed purchase.

This is why I think "hype culture" is ruinning every form of media, because people trust marketing blindly OR creators (gamedevs, writters, musicians, etc) aren't capable to deliver something that can live to that false and bloated expectations. In both cases, consumers (and in this case, players) are guilty, and so marketing teams across the globe.

Also hey remember when warframe marketed the melee nerf.

oh wait that didn’t happen. 

people being engaged isn’t hype, especially when many of us invested hundreds of dollars into this game, we simply wish to communicate our discomfort openly where it can be seen before people start making asshats out of themselves because we feel like we aren’t being heard.

Imagine if we found out in a week warframe abilities were being nerfed in return for stronger orbiter support because warframe isn’t capturing that World War style “in the trenches” feel Steve was going for back when he first imagined the game and nothing would fix that better than having to rely on air support to push forward, heal, and do damage. 

that example is only slightly less of a shark jump then nerfing melee back to alpha because it’s capabilities have outrun the team’s willingness to make a proper counter to it like shields, grappling mechanics, melee clashing ala deadliest warrior, limiting bullet blocking, having the possibility and getting your weapon knocked out your hand, really anything.

8 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

“Ballistic damage type” procs slash, and has a chance to open enemies up to parazon finishers.

Bonus against health, penalty against armor and huge penalty vs shields.

That would make things way harder for new players though. 

IPS actually is balanced at low levels before armor scales and before players get access to mandatory mods or weapons with good status%.

Boltor early game shreds Grineer and struggles hard against Corpus.

Instead, just have each IPS proc various levels of bleed.

Impact, stagger and 0.5x Bleed.

Puncture, debuff and 0.75x Bleed.

Slash, 1xBleed.

Or, just don't scale enemy armor and Slash will be in line with the rest of the DOTs.

Without a total armor, mod, and damage overhaul, modding will never get better. Multiplicative mods also make it even worse to balance. It makes it so that each mod has a different level of effectiveness on different guns, where it should be linear and as effective on X gun as Y gun.

I'd go on, but I know that Warframe isn't going to change in this regard, and mods are going to stay multiplicative which is only making balance more and more of a nightmare as slight increases in damage over time have dramatically raised the ceiling in damage.

3 hours ago, CaptainMinty said:

Without a total armor, mod, and damage overhaul, modding will never get better. Multiplicative mods also make it even worse to balance. It makes it so that each mod has a different level of effectiveness on different guns, where it should be linear and as effective on X gun as Y gun.

I'd go on, but I know that Warframe isn't going to change in this regard, and mods are going to stay multiplicative which is only making balance more and more of a nightmare as slight increases in damage over time have dramatically raised the ceiling in damage.

This.

Modding in Warframe is just cramming as many layers of multipliers you can into 8 slots. Some weapons can cram more multipliers than others which creates huge disparities in performance.

If you have a slot available with the choice between a multiplier and QoL, the multiplier always wins. 

QoL is a luxury new players can't afford because they have no potatoes and older players live without because they didn't need QoL as new players.

Giving up a single multiplier is the difference between spending a partial clip to down an enemy vs mag dumping.

Some steps into the right direction?

1. Enemy armor shouldn't scale. This puts Bleed more in line with all the other DOTs.

2. Viral procs and Critical Damage should be additive with Base Damage. This bridges the power chasm between top tier weapons with everything else. At the very least, eliminate the multiplicative synergy of CO + BR.

3. +100% Flat Critical Chance on head-shots instead of a separate multiplier. Cuts out another multiplier and allows head-shot capable guns to forego Critical Chance.

Archived