Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What can I use platinum for? idk how much should I buy

Dyrohc

Question

So I have been playing Warframe for a while, only got to fobos and just got Rhino but I´m already loving this game

The point is, I just got a 75% platinum discount and I wanna use it while I can, my plan is to buy 2100 platinum for 25 dollars, I know it is probably a lot but I heard 75% discounts are very rare and like, and getting something that normally cost 100 for 25 dollars is very tempting

The thing is, I wanna buy as much platinum as I can without paying so much but at the same time what am I going to spend so much platinum on?

I could buy frames but I think I would enjoy them more getting them with effort, I could rush stuff but that´s not really important, color palets are very expensive for what they are so idk

Should I only buy 1000 platinum? there is any way to get more platinum like, investing platinum? what is platinum really usefull for and it is really usefull to have that much?

I know it's a bit of a silly problem but I'm indecisive and I want to take advantage of the offer as much as I can without getting carried away.

8 answers to this question

Since you are a beginner in terms of how much you have progressed, I suggest having warframe and weapon slots as your top priority, they aren't that expensive and the only way to get them is with platinum. You could maybe buy a skin or armor if you have a bunch to spare to give yourself a treat.

Another thing that's important is the things you shouldn't spend platinum on, like:

-Buying weapons/warframes from the in-game market, you can farm them easily by playing, if you don't play a lot you could buy one but if you play a bunch you'll regret it later.

-Rushing things from the foundry, it's just a day for most things to craft, unless you really want something.

1000 plat is a pretty good amount, you can get a bunch of things with that, have fun shopping :)

You should buy slots,

Slots,

Slots,

Slots,

And slots.

The importance of buying slots is criminally underrated. Unlike frames, weapons, or accessories, lacking slots can literally stop your progression because you can't claim more items.

Also, there are bunch of other slots than just warframe and weapons. You'll need companion slots, archwing slots, archgun slots, necramech slots, and I'm not into rj yet. So buy plats, and save them because you'll inevitably need plenty to buy slots slots slots.

Other than that, personally i can understand if people want to buy a vaulted frame that they really like. Or 2 - 3 vaulted gamechanger weapons / companions.

There are very few thing u need plat for, as mentioned before slots are the main one

Farming your way through is part of the fun

Maybe its not the best advice coming from someone who has huge stockpile of everything including plat, but i mainly spent it from time to time on skins if theres smtg nice

Archived