Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Noise suppression mods should change the gunfire sound effect too.

buffalobuffalogaming

And DE already said that would require a new gunfire sound exclusive to each one of the 250+ guns in the game because each one shoots differently. You can't add a "click click" sound to a Synapse or a Simulor or Ignis...

All this for a mod that 99% of the player base will never use because if you didn't noticed, stealth is not meta.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Please explain what the suppressed sound of a flamethrower is going to sound like.

The way it sounds when banshee is using it under silence?
I mean we know DE does have sound channels in engine so if even close to how it was done in UE, it shouldnt actually be that much work to put a modifier on a channel.
It would take work to make sure nothing else is muffled tho.

On 2021-07-13 at 4:18 PM, DroopingPuppy said:

They can does by using the sound effect of Silence or on vacumn.

Or by going invisible.

Yes, that's actually a thing. If you go invisible, all game sounds get muffled. You're not actually silent at all, your frame just gets this utterly idiotic idea to shove cotton wool in its ears when cloaking. Well, there's one invisibility method I know of which doesn't ruin your hearing, but I'm not going to bother listing it or DE will go and nerf it to "bring it in line" with the rest of the stupidity.

these Mods used to a long time ago. but Players eyerollingly complained that these Mods made their Guns quieter.

as for the rest of you, no you don't need custom sounds for every Gun. don't talk about things you don't understand. you would apply a Filter to the Sound in realtime.
which is exactly what these Mods used to do. and that's also how Transmissions are made in this game nowadays too. the voice is recorded clean, and then Filters applied in realtime.

On 2021-07-13 at 4:59 PM, --F--NerevarCM said:

You can't add a "click click" sound to a Synapse or a Simulor or Ignis...

TBH, these guns should not be able to equip silencer.   How can you silence a constant stream of flame or lightning?  

Normal, physical silencer will not work in warframe's universe, where weapons use plasma and energy and sht.   So, there must be a "space magic silencer" that simply muffles all sounds directly in front of the gun....like Banshee.  

And "muffled sound" is very easy to do.....Just add a muffle filter to normal sound.   Its there already btw.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

these Mods used to a long time ago. but Players eyerollingly complained that these Mods made their Guns quieter.

Weird....I don't remember this at all..... 

But back then there were no proper sound filters we have Now. People prolly complained because it were just a volume drop....that wouldn't sound cool or anything.

I think DE should give it another try, with modern tech and all that sht.  

29 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

But back then there were no proper sound filters we have Now. People prolly complained because it were just a volume drop....that wouldn't sound cool or anything.

i mean, that's what a Suppressor does. it reduces the Sound Pressure Level.
people just didn't like that.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

that's what a Suppressor does. it reduces the Sound Pressure Level.

I know how real supressors work.

But in Game its important to keep the Volume up.....  "silenced" shots must sound softer and less aggressive, while maintaining the total Volume and Feel of the shot.

"Silencer" filter must "cut" that loud initial "bam" and make it softer, while adding more accent to "post bam" noises.   Sorta like equalizer.

It also should remove any "echo" from sniper rifles.

Archived