Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Add first person option

-Moctezuma-

2 minutes ago, Thaxano said:

I dare you to play GTA V in first person and tell me it's better than the third person view

I have, Red Dead 2 as well.

I vastly preferred the FPS camera in both games. The only time I popped out was to get a good look at myself.

Heck, the FPS camera was what sold me on the PC versions over console.

il y a 55 minutes, Dreddgrave a dit :

I have, Red Dead 2 as well.

I vastly preferred the FPS camera in both games. The only time I popped out was to get a good look at myself.

Heck, the FPS camera was what sold me on the PC versions over console.

you're not human xD FPS it's absolutely awfull to me on GTA V, i didn't even wanted to try it on RDR2

On 2021-07-18 at 7:25 AM, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

The difference between those games and Warframe is that those games don’t have bullet jump. You know the move that would have our view moving upwards while spinning. Or how about wall hopping, where we’d constantly be bouncing back and forth while going across the wall.

How would melee stances work with their elaborate combos? Literally every first person game just has you swinging the sword from side to side. But you can’t just do that to a melee weapon in Warframe. There’s certain hit boxes that different stances cover.

This could be mitigated by cutting things like spin during a bullet jump, or making camera 'stationary' like in mirrors edge, example to fix melee stances could be skyrim camera, where lets say even though you're swinging a longsword your eyes don't follow it, you're just looking forward. And there's a lock on toggle 'melee auto targeting' already in options for ' missing hit boxes'.

Idk man not trying to argue against your point, just feel like if they already tacked on worse features and left them dead (archwing) and compared, a lot less people would have a problem with first person camera.

Found this old reply

On 2020-08-10 at 1:08 PM, 844448 said:

How do you aim with these kind of weapons?

Arca Plasmor

Reveal hidden contents

B0tYvY9.jpg

Argonak

Reveal hidden contents

HsCqBNo.jpg

Athodai

Reveal hidden contents

JJmZBAL.jpg

Catchmoon

Reveal hidden contents

bgIAQ9m.jpg

Corinth

Reveal hidden contents

VE3lwX5.jpg

Dex Sybaris

Reveal hidden contents

340kVfA.jpg

Exergis

Reveal hidden contents

wRjWkja.jpg

Flux Rifle

Reveal hidden contents

cac66k5.jpg

Gorgon

Reveal hidden contents

orlnEtU.jpg

Hema

Reveal hidden contents

DkvFJMv.jpg

Ignis

Reveal hidden contents

uQd2vPa.jpg

Lenz

Reveal hidden contents

a2v5rQp.jpg

Opticor

Reveal hidden contents

qfpAZyt.jpg

Quartakk

Reveal hidden contents

dG3v073.jpg

Soma Prime

Reveal hidden contents

CKhcdBV.jpg

Tigris

Reveal hidden contents

ToAu6SQ.jpg

Tonkor

Reveal hidden contents

KyZEOZh.jpg

Really, it's just some of the weapons in my inventory

How do you aim now?

On 2021-07-17 at 1:33 PM, (PSN)Jason_V_Jade said:

warframe is too fast and agile game to work, its not like the slow pace fps games.

Besides if they tried they would screw up everything else

Are you joking? Doom: 2016 and Doom Eternal are INCREDIBLY fast-paced, incredibly more so than warframe, and those two games work fine in first person.

I think the only reason why people believe a FPS mode in Warframe would be “vomit-inducing” is literally because of our movement and how we can spin and roll around. 

Please, just play or watch gameplay of Mirror’s Edge or DOOM. The concept of a fast paced first-person game with complex movement is not an esoteric concept. 

Obviously, this shouldn’t be a priority for DE, especially considering the numerous systems they could improve first within the game; but nonetheless a FPS mode could be possible.

From what I understand from games animation, a first person view would not be difficult to implement, as every frame will share the same skeleton and animation frames. The problem is the speed at which we can move, that would make it a garbage experience. The space awareness and mouse turning reactions we have in third person view will be also completely negated. I am not saying that it could not be enjoyable, somehow, but it will make the gameplay slow and claustrophobic on one side due to the amount of enemies and dizzying due to the movement variety and speed being constrained in a smaller window of vision.

Archived