Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Grineers honor and Corpus ignorance

SmokinDice

First of all JUST WOW at tennocon, what an epic story awaits us!

But it was SO funny and sad to me to see the contrast in these two factions so clearly visable in this first teaser.

The Grineer, despite beeing "just" clones that they throw into war and fire willy nilly, at least seem to have honor among themself and mutual respect when Sh*t goes down.

Despite Hek always calling everyone a maggot (which makes him kinda sound like a drill sargent if you think about it now), he only does this as part of training and discipline probably. But as soon as the war is here literally he not only listens to a random soldier, but addresses him by name - a random clone - and honors his thoughts and words, gathering respect for the soldier and even commends him for his ideas. Making the Grineer of all people kind of sympatic in a way now?!

And then we see Viso ( Veto? Teko? xD) a real normal unmodefied human that is not more than a normal engineer probably, that might even have a family.

In comes Alad V with NO respect at all for his subordinants, trash talking him, extort him, not even capable of giving any attention to his name. using him basically like a tool not caring about him or his thoughts in the slightes, talking over him and interrupting him. Showing us how despicable the Corpus management really is, only thinking about Profit and money, and giving even less value to human life than a grineer gives to a clone born for battle. How sad is this?

I think DE did a PHENOMENAL job highlighting the diffrent worlds that we so often dont even realize. Shooting and mowing down millions of enemies, which are also just humans with their own stories and lifes, that we just take away in seconds. ^^

I am eager to see what roles the MEGA CHAD Kahl and the frightend but probably brave-hearted Teko(xD) will play in the story and what they will represent for the future.

I will now predict that we will form some sort of alliance with at least those two and probably their people to fight off this big thread to our solar system, the sentients, once and for all together!

how did you guys enjoy this first gameplay reveal? I am (digital) EXTREMly hyped!

I don't think Hek started that way. If you notice, he calls Kahl maggot less and less. I think Kahl just straight-up earned Hek's respect, which is an impressive feat in its own right.

As for Veko, even if he was obeying the instructions of somebody who doesn't care for him, consider his insane bravery. He's described as a tech, but since he's wearing a standard beige uniform, it's likely he's not a military tech, but just a standard engineer. Which would also explain why he has access rights to proxy deployment points, doesn't have an osprey on-hand, and is armed with a mere Plinx. Yet, knowing full well how dangerous the proxies are, how there were almost certainly Sentients somewhere on that ship, and that his chances of survival were basically nil, this functionally base human was able to get to work.

9 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I don't think Hek started that way. If you notice, he calls Kahl maggot less and less. I think Kahl just straight-up earned Hek's respect, which is an impressive feat in its own right.

As for Veko, even if he was obeying the instructions of somebody who doesn't care for him, consider his insane bravery. He's described as a tech, but since he's wearing a standard beige uniform, it's likely he's not a military tech, but just a standard engineer. Which would also explain why he has access rights to proxy deployment points, doesn't have an osprey on-hand, and is armed with a mere Plinx. Yet, knowing full well how dangerous the proxies are, how there were almost certainly Sentients somewhere on that ship, and that his chances of survival were basically nil, this functionally base human was able to get to work.

you are absolutly right!

both had to deal with extreme scenarios:

- Kahl was launched right into a huge battle on the plains, and knew the only way to stop the Condrix from wiping out the entire fighting force was to make the ultimate sacrifice: Vay Hek is somebody who, while coming across as callous and hurtful,  gives respect only to those who earn it. the most he can ask for from the low-intelligence frontline troops like Kahl is that they remain loyal and are willing to die for their Queens: Kahl fulfilled this role to the very end, and it goes to show that Grineer don't all actively hate each other, they just hate weakness. 

- Veso had to deal with a boss who is trying to defect to the Sentients (exactly what does Alad V hope to gain? at best he'll probably end up a hybrid like Ballas, which would be SUPER ironic given Alad's history.), as well as the Sentients themselves who finally get to show off their ability to assimilate advanced tech (the whole reason the Orokin trained us to use basic guns and blades instead). can't say as I'm a fan of his bootlicking or that he relies almost solely on Proxies in combat, but to deal with sentients with nothing but a Plinx and an iPad takes some serious balls. I dunno how he'd get out of that situation against the Assimilated Bursas though: even some Tenno still struggle with those lol. 

it's going to be really nice to see the Warframe universe from a much more humble perspective, and while it obviously won't stop us from killing Grineer and Corpus en masse, it will give us a newfound appreciation for what it must be like to be a lowly lancer or crewman in a world of void-powered demigods, killer robots and constant, unrelenting danger.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Was he? Because as I remember he specifically had us kill the Ropalolyst because he made a deal with the Sentients that was getting out of hand and wanted to cut it off ASAP.

I meant in the demo, not in the game we have right now. Yes, Alad's Jovian Concord was the result of deception and coercion, and Alad did not willingly align with the Sentients then. But Alad's dialogue during the TennoCon demo indicated that he was trying to defect to the Sentients because he saw them as the winning side. It's just another character moment to contrast with Kahl's "honour".

That's why I always liked everything related to grinners. Railjack maps grinners, weapons grinners, kuva lichs, girnner maps in general...corpus everything is meh or shallow and ugly.

The folks at DE who created the grinner universe are what makes warframe a game in part of it. In the corpus category, I can't say that the work is good....it's really bad.

1 hour ago, GrayArchon said:

I meant in the demo, not in the game we have right now. Yes, Alad's Jovian Concord was the result of deception and coercion, and Alad did not willingly align with the Sentients then. But Alad's dialogue during the TennoCon demo indicated that he was trying to defect to the Sentients because he saw them as the winning side. It's just another character moment to contrast with Kahl's "honour".

Alad V's counterpart is Vay Hek though, not Kahl-175.

Archived