Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some warframes who might need a layer of fresh paint

Aisu9

This post is only to share my thought on these frames, feel free to share your thoughts and constructive criticisms

Nyx
She only need a tweak on her mind control. her 2 is god tier again any enemies, her 3 is a good CC (stun and spread the aggro around you), and 4 with assimilate is nice (but not perfect)

Hydroid
All his powers receive additional cold damage (because water), his 3rd power may only deal cold damage and gain additional raw damage (deal damage unaffected by armor, shield and damage reduction) because you drown enemies (unless you can prove me that when you're drowning you get beat up by fishes and other sea creatures)

Oberon
I still don't know if he's supposed to be a paladin or a druid (he got a weird mix holy/nature theme), i think only his 3rd power need some heavy changes yeah i know the iron renewal synergy and phoenix renewal(EHP increase and second wind) are both wonderful but Wisp kinda do the same without the energy over time consumption(EHP increase, Effective DPS increase and Multiple instances of moving CC area).
His 3rd could create an aura around him(the aura follow Oberon) that heal him and allies over time while removing the energy per second cost(or reduce it) on them only when they're inside the healing aura, the aura increase the healing over time by a %, when a status effect is removed by renewal it will trigger a radiation aoe around the cleansed ally

Chroma
He "need" a way to deal reliable damage with his abilities at higher level, like many damage oriented frames he could receive some kind of scaling : over time, per status effect, per killed enemies, per credit earn, anything (even if he's a damage buff oriented no one use his first power to deal damage, even the shock ward with 500%+ power strength (Protea's passive + Arbitration buff) don't do anything again Arbitration Grineers(again Corpus and infested the power should deal a good amount of damage since they don't have many way to reduce damage).

Nekros
He might be the Master of Death and Manipulator of souls he barely have any grip on any lives.
Soul punch could receive a buff on the instant death threshold (up to 30%-40%) Marked for harvest can scale with power duration.

Revenant
Since the Thralls no longer count toward the enemies left counter they could receive benefit from buff that can target allies, additional damage reduction(or invulnerability) and status immunity (guess what happen when the Thralls receive a radiation proc, yup they target you AND receive a damage bonus because they're counted as Tenno under this power)
You can't really play this warframe in public mission because every other players will destroy your Thralls, reducing the usability of this frame as a minion master and his augment.

23 minutes ago, Aisu9 said:

Nyx
She only need a tweak on her mind control. her 2 is god tier again any enemies, her 3 is a good CC (stun and spread the aggro around you), and 4 with assimilate is nice (but not perfect)

I have to assume you haven't played Nyx much. She is my favourite and most played frame and her kit needs a lot more than this.

The only use for her 1st I've found is replacing a single high damage target with a single agro attractor, which isn't much because my Sentinel with a rad gun does this a lot more efficiently. With the current AI of the affected enemy it's pretty much just a slot for subsumed abilities since it barely engages others, it's accuracy is random at best, and inability to actually control the target goes against the whole "Mind Control" thing. The easy fix her would be to replace the AI with the one of the specters (along with an option for follow / stay behaviour). Also pointing out targets to attack / areas to move to with pressing 1 again would help, with holding 1 being deactivation of the ability.

Bolts have unreliable targeting, sometimes they won't hit an enemy that you have your crosshairs over and with a limited number of targets, that's kind of important. Also the augment is pretty much useless. Imo if the augment would draw agro to enemies affected by bolts, that would make it worth the slot, or at least just rad proc them.

Chaos is good when it works, but, just like bolts, is unreliable. There are times when enemies, surrounded by a bunch of other enemies, would ignore all of them and charge me (or the defence / interception objective) when I'm way out of the way, which sort of defeats the point of CC. This is especially noticable in SP with higher enemy numbers, in interceptions you pretty much have to keep killing them, because Chaos does not keep them away from consoles, which, again, defeats the point of CC. The augment doesn't help since all the problems carry over just with a smaller area. The easy solution is to make affected enemies pull more agro towards each other, doesn't have to be overwhelming, but it should not be outmatched by things a lot further away than other affected enemies.

Her 4 is pretty much useless without an augment. Explosions go through the bubble, so you can't reliably protect objectives, you can't do anything while the ability is active and the damage output is so bad that you have to have a specialized setup to be able to kill even just infested with it of any meaningful levels. Imo if the bubble is to stay the assimilate should become it's normal behaviour, explosion damage should be replaced with debuffs (like, increased damage taked, confusion, disarming, etc.), the augment in turn would increase the explosion radius, number of debuffs and / or walking speed.

I've posted stuff with the same problems and more ideas before, it's all archived now.

Nyx's 1 simply just needs its agro increased. It's getting a big damage boost already, it just needs the agro to go with it like a wukong clone. Chaos does need its agro fixed, enemies are less than chaotic now, mostly choosing to run towards the squishy player still than attack things close to them. Havent used psychic bolts, I removed it with helminth since it didnt appeal as much as chaos + invisibility from quiver did.

Hydroid, I'm not sure anything can really save the guy. All his skills are a little too random to be reliable. even his puddle cant readily be relied on if an energy leech falls in. I'd rework the guy completely, or at least make his abilities more reliable and player friendly

Oberon I find is fine as is. His abilities all do what they say on the tin, and  if anything the only thing he needs is his ulti to do something other than drop hp orbs since you already have a strong heal. 

Chroma seems like he's in a fine place. I don't know if you've played him very much because Vex armor is his scaling ability rather than elemental ward. You don't use his skills at all for damage, you use them to buff yourself/and allies with huge amounts of armor, hp, and damage. I don't know how you're having trouble dealing damage to arbitration drones with a 800%+ damage buff to your weapons or more if he has the +300% strength buff from the missions because by the time you stop being able to readily kill arbitration drones with him a normal frame would have stopped being able to do anything to them. 

Nekros I find is still boring as sin even after his desicrate toggle change. for me it mostly feels like hes a sit back and do nothing while your team mates do all the work frame since even his shadows these days just constantly need you to focus on healing them all the time rather than doing anything else, especially if you're not solely focusing on the shadows themselves for your build. I'd say he'd be a good one for a rework. 

Revenant seems to be in a good place but i do agree with the proposed changes and do think something needs to be done for thralls. Maybe he can use his ability like a curse or something and just make a minion when he kills a marked enemy, im not sure but anything would help with the allies killing his minions thing. 

9 hours ago, Aisu9 said:

Revenant
Since the Thralls no longer count toward the enemies left counter they could receive benefit from buff that can target allies, additional damage reduction(or invulnerability) and status immunity (guess what happen when the Thralls receive a radiation proc, yup they target you AND receive a damage bonus because they're counted as Tenno under this power)
You can't really play this warframe in public mission because every other players will destroy your Thralls, reducing the usability of this frame as a minion master and his augment.

He's not really supposed to be a minion master, though.  His thralls are more of a resource or currency than a devoted defender or something.  Yeah, getting much use out of the augment is going to be tricky when playing in a group.  But we have augments that shine in group play, so I can't see why we shouldn't have an augment that shines in solo play.

On 2021-07-20 at 2:59 PM, Aisu9 said:

Nekros
He might be the Master of Death and Manipulator of souls he barely have any grip on any lives.
Soul punch could receive a buff on the instant death threshold (up to 30%-40%) Marked for harvest can scale with power duration.

Asking to increase the nerf soul punch got is peak irony.
That whole execute mark thing needs to be removed as it weakens both SP as a cc and his ability to properly control shadows if you use it at all unless you dont care to have 3s worth of sponge butchers.

Giving nekrs a in combat passive (even as little as 0.05% universal lifesteal would be good), making soul punch true damage again (well close, physics impact was merely effectively true damage for the vast majority of armor) and giving his shadows a UI based hp indicator along with a fix to make the 7+ shadow recast always heal start summoning at the start of the cast like the 6 and below does (or plain getting rid of the shorter animation as it tends to bug out painfully often) along with a final "end of cast" check to see if 7 shadows are up then would be a base core of updating.

Then buffing/making terrify actually not be a negative when in teamplay without creeping would be a great but technically not needed buff (swapping it so that the base skill has the fear + 40% slow up to 90%, with the augment then applying the same deaths harvest debuff as sevagoth giving not just a damage amp but cross-frame synergy as the damage amp buff on its own has no forced interactions/dependencies, but sow does to it).

And Frost.

His augments should be innate. New augments created. Running speed increased. His 2 should scale with enemy health. 

*edit*

OH! And hold 3 to carry a smaller snow globe with a debuff to speed. Just imagine walking around freezing dudes who get too close. :|

*edit 2* His health should be more than his shields. Since his 3 is effected by Armor strength.

Archived