Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Farm Liches More Effectively

FrostDragoon

39 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

If it was the wrong way to do it I wouldn't be able to kill the Lich/Sister.

Oull is just to make things faster, but that was not my argument, was it? It was about OP calling it convoluted.

Didnt realise you were just being pedantic. My bad.

No, just a big fat no.

Stab everytime, statistically, over time, you will luck out over any other method.

Be smart, don't be sellfish (or go solo), just stab. And if dealing with a higher level lich takes you so much time that it makes it not worth it, that just means that you are not yet geared enough to partake in this part of the game.

9 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

What's the problem with stabbing the sister/lich when they spawn before you know your requiem, it just jumps to a new planet and you get more missions to do and higher lvl enemies, isn't that a win win?

It levels them up and you might be wasting nodes on your current planet. Basically, you're wasting stabs and accelerating the probability you have to farm them in the least ideal "planet" possible.

4 hours ago, Fallen77 said:

Stab everytime, statistically, over time, you will luck out over any other method.

Gonna need some citation for that one. This method puts your usual stab to 3 or less, with reasonable odds to luck out earlier, and a maximum of 4. The people who stab every time have to farm longer and it's harder for them. The burden of proof rests with you as the case for this method is already clear.

Be smart, don't be sellfish

In this particular case, it's the same thing.

And if dealing with a higher level lich takes you so much time that it makes it not worth it, that just means that you are not yet geared enough to partake in this part of the game.

Can't and "don't want to" aren't the same thing. Your logic here isn't sound.

7 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

It levels them up and you might be wasting nodes on your current planet. Basically, you're wasting stabs and accelerating the probability you have to farm them in the least ideal "planet" possible.

Leveling them up just makes them stronger and higher level enemies spawn which i personally like, fighting lvl 50 fodder is such a bore tbh

Each node has the same missions, exterminate, capture, survival, mobile defense etc, excuse me if i don't understand this 'ideal' planet you talk about 

2 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Leveling them up just makes them stronger and higher level enemies spawn which i personally like, fighting lvl 50 fodder is such a bore tbh

Each node has the same missions, exterminate, capture, survival, mobile defense etc, excuse me if i don't understand this 'ideal' planet you talk about 

That's fine for your preferences, but I hate farming them on Kuva Fort. It's not enjoyable at all.

Il y a 16 heures, FrostDragoon a dit :

Gonna need some citation for that one. This method puts your usual stab to 3 or less, with reasonable odds to luck out earlier, and a maximum of 4. The people who stab every time have to farm longer and it's harder for them. The burden of proof rests with you as the case for this method is already clear.

In this particular case, it's the same thing.

Can't and "don't want to" aren't the same thing. Your logic here isn't sound.

It's pretty baffling that I need to explain that, for every stab you don't take, you are missing out on a chance to instantly discover a full requiem. After a couple sisters, anybody is bound to luck a requiem or two, and so the time saved is just undeniable.

While you're starting one more useless run to finish the last crumps of the first requiem, I most likely already discovered it thanks to the 10 murmurs from the stab itself AND I have a chance of getting one more for free. The number of stabs is not an absolute measure, the fact that I might take one more stab than you has next to no bearing on the actual overall time to down a lich.

Next point : no, your way is selfish, my way is selfless if anything. Your way slows down the process for the all squad, stops other people's lichs from spawning, and you are depriving everyone from the murmurs that a stab would have granted. And for what ? So that you don't have to make a proper build to confront a half proper opponent. Right there, you were nothing but a strict annoyance to your squad.

If you'd have stabbed, everyone would get 10 more murmur, the spot would be freed asap for someone else's lich, that could in term bring the same benefits to the team, etc etc... And I would consider this selfless, because you are lvling up your lich for the benefit of others, but since lvled up lichs can be taken down with such ease, I wouldn't even call it that.

Crazy that I have to explain such concept.

You say the stabbers have a longer and harder farm... but apart from just saying it, you're not making any point, mr burden of proof. You might feel so good about yourself, minmaxing (or so you think) and stuff, but while you're in yet another mission on earth/venus trying to figure out the first requiem, the stabbers are making exactly just as much progress, if not way more, because :

1 we got more murmurs from the stabs

2 we regularly luck out free requiems

3 the increase in level is a non factor, completely inconcequential on the lenght or difficulty of the process

That leads me to your last point, "can't or don't want to"... my logic is perfectly sound, and you stating otherwise doesn't prove anything. Why would one not want to deal with a higher lvl lich ? The only factor here is the ttk, when it starts taking too long to down one, that's when one would want to avoid lvling up the lich.

So, wether you straight up can't kill a lvl5 at all, or wether you can but it is such a lenghty process that you'd rather go through convoluted means to avoid lvl ups, the source of the issue is the exact same, to slightly different degrees, but regardless, the same. Aka, you don't have the proper stuff, or you for some reason refuse to use the proper stuff, or you might even be lacking a bit in the skill department.

Point is, you are unable to PROPERLY deal with a high lvl lich. Because if you were, you would not have a single reason to worry about stabbing in the first place.

And if you argue that you are able to PROPERLY take down a high lvl lich, but still don't want to, I would love to hear it, because that just sounds like nonsense to me.

So here you go mr burden of proof. That's all that stabbing has in the efficiency and overall convenience departments. You saying that both methods are sellfish just proves how little you thought it all through, as one method is a straight up handicap for the entire squad for your only benefit, while the other brings benefits to the entire squad in many ways and at next to no cost.

All of the stuff bove is based on the low chance of you guessing a mod right. Theres nothing efficient about blind stabbing it seems. Murmur not gotten from you is easily outweighted from the fact that you dont have to restart angering your lich and can instantly try and guess one of the correct positions the next run. Blind stabers always seem to forget that lich aggro resets after a wrong guess and odd are not in your favor when it comes to that. They're doing more runs as a result.

1 hour ago, Fallen77 said:

1 we got more murmurs from the stabs

You're constantly making extra missions with already maxed murmurs tryna get your lich to spawn.

2 we regularly luck out free requiems

So do we, thanks to people like you. We make less attempts tho since we find the order sooner.
Always stabbers also are the type of people that instantly shoot a sister the moment she spawns tho so that can lead to missing out on murmur.

3 the increase in level is a non factor, completely inconcequential on the lenght or difficulty of the process

High lich level just means you grinded for too long.

Crazy that I have to explain such concept.

Being a condescending c**t is aggainst the TOS.

1 hour ago, T-Shark69 said:

All of the stuff bove is based on the low chance of you guessing a mod right. Theres nothing efficient about blind stabbing it seems. Murmur not gotten from you is easily outweighted from the fact that you dont have to restart angering your lich and can instantly try and guess one of the correct positions the next run. Blind stabers always seem to forget that lich aggro resets after a wrong guess and odd are not in your favor when it comes to that. They're doing more runs as a result.

I honestly wasn't going to respond to his post since he's just repeating himself without adding anything useful to the topic and his post amounts to nothing more than "no u." I figure it's obvious to everyone else why his "proof" is inadequate, regardless if one calls it "selfish" or not. He talks about regularly lucking into one, but my method is designed to not rely on luck--only benefit from it. It's not uncommon to have the full sequence on my 2nd stab.

let's suppose the Oull to be called O,and other requiems called A and B in a lich or sister.

First,  after the first requiem is revealed,place A-O-B(lich level 1)

if A is right,O will be dinfinitely right,then we have two situations:

①:B is right,go killing the lich right now.

②:B is wrong,now lich get level 2, switch the sequence to A-B-O ,and wait the lich and kill it.

What if A is wrong?

I do not suggest placing O to the first slot,so let's place B to the first slot then,and we get a sequence of B-O-A.

This time the trial is just the loop of the situation above.

①If B is right and the third A is right,congratulations.

②If B is right and A is wrong,just switch the sequence to B-A-O and wait for the lich.(now lich level 3)

So if you are extremely unlucky to get those two situations wrong...

O get the firat slot,then repeat the  process above.

Now that we get the sequence of O-A-B.

if A is right,lich dies in level 3.

if A is wrong,switch to O-B-A and kill the lich in level 4.

Under no circurmstances the lich will rise to level 5 if this tactic is used well,and never to stab the lich before we have a chance to have a test.It's a waste unless you do not mind fighting it in kuva fortress.

Archived