Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This isn't your Railjack

DragonzGirra

I find it incredibly annoying when I am doing a mission and random people come in and take the piolet seat of my railjack. I ask them to let me have the piolet seat back and they ignore me so I abort the mission and put it on solo. I shouldn't even have to ask people to relinquish the piolet seat of MY railjack.

once the owner of railjack approaches what ever position they want to occupy on their vessel it should give them the option to take control of that position. i wouldnt be a bad idea to have an option to only allow the owner to link with the piolet node, or open it to allow friends clan members type of thing like Planetside did.

thanks for the help in advance and I hope you appreciate the input

You could try forming a squad with players that you trust. Public missions are going to have problem people occationally.

Also you are spelling pilot seat incorrectly. Unless you were trying to say that people who steal the pilot seat are toilet heads.

Toilet head + pilot seat = Piolet seat.

Spoiler

NxCeOj5.jpg

24 minutes ago, DragonzGirra said:

I find it incredibly annoying when I am doing a mission and random people come in and take the piolet seat of my railjack. I ask them to let me have the piolet seat back and they ignore me

I know how annoying that is, i often dont have this kinda problem, most players just get out when i stand behind them but every now and then someone refuses to leave the pilot seat and just keeps flying around killing ships instead of helping other players get to primary objectives quicker or to the final objective when the time comes.

26 minutes ago, DragonzGirra said:

once the owner of railjack approaches what ever position they want to occupy on their vessel it should give them the option to take control of that position.

I agree, a prompt to press X and remove the person seated should popup.

What really gets me angry are players that jump on to the Front Artillery seat and stay there the whole mission doing nothing except start charging the beam when you turn the railjack towards an enemy crewship.

I'm usually one to fire the most obnoxious weaponry at anyone else who tries to pilot my ship, but if the ship's getting shot up, I don't care who's doing the moving, as long as that moving is moving it out of the way.

Otherwise, get the hell out of my chair.

i can kinda appreciate if you're in the mood to fly. personally as long as they're doing a competent job at operating the Vessel, i don't mind someone being in the seat. if they're doing a poor job and the Ship is taking lots of Damage or something though, then that's totally understandable.

anyways, it's a tough split between letting the Host force anyone out of a seat, or everyone being treated as equal. what is ideal there? uh. idunno.

On 2021-08-15 at 9:28 AM, taiiat said:

it's a tough split between letting the Host force anyone out of a seat, or everyone being treated as equal. what is ideal there? uh. idunno.

I wouldn't be bothered.  You will have to watch someone dismount, then your "captain" will nod, and only then you will mount the seat (to make it feel polite)... A cooldown on that action will prevent trolling...and somewhat lengthy animation will discourage using it too much.

Also, I think a "role selection" would be dope.  

You know....we have 4 "classes" (pilot, gunner, engi, tactical)

So, what if you could choose ONLY one Class as active?   Kinda like Focus schools.  Game would ask you to choose a role as you join someone (no doubles, of course)

Mount any seat, and do whatever.....but if you are a Pilot, you have only Pilot Intrinsics active....so turrets deal standard damage, no foundry bonuses and such. 

Personally i would love it.

On 2021-08-15 at 1:02 PM, LillyRaccune said:

Toilet head + pilot seat = Piolet seat.

OMG .. LillyRaccune.. thats damn good .. lmao  thanks for that..

OP this has been the bane of RJ since it came out, we have asked so many times for DE to do something about this but they dont know what or how to do it.  99% of the time Solo is best for any RJ missions unless you know the players you are teaming up with.  Public missions just suck the life out of you with so many dumb-asses .. most of whom dont have their own RJ and are just to lazy to farm them .. go solo or like LillyRaccune said form your own squad of trusted players..

1 hour ago, Kainosh said:

Also, I think a "role selection" would be dope.  
So, what if you could choose ONLY one Class as active?   Kinda like Focus schools.  Game would ask you to choose a role as you join someone (no doubles, of course)

the game is too free flowing and fast paced for that to really work out. plus Railjack doesn't have enough for people to do for that to be a good avenue. this isn't like dedicated Co-Op Simulators where everyone always having something to do is a primary design goal. Railjack is far from that, currently.

Multiplayer in this game is more of a, uh... "everyone playing together" sort of design. and so who am i to tell other people what they are or aren't allowed to do.

10 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the game is too free flowing and fast paced for that to really work out

How so?   Lets say im 4 9 9 5.   I choose to be a Pilot and it becomes 0 9 0 0 for that mission.  Will it slow the gameplay down? Not really.  Still can repair with omni, use artillery, turrets and foundry.   I will not be as omnipotent as before though.  Engi will have better foundry results, and Gunner will dish out more damage with turrets....

The only thing that might need to be made universal is Omni teleportation back to ship.   Coz this feature really speeds up certain moments and whole team uses it a lot.

6 hours ago, Kainosh said:

How so?   Lets say im 4 9 9 5.   I choose to be a Pilot and it becomes 0 9 0 0 for that mission.  Will it slow the gameplay down? Not really.  Still can repair with omni, use artillery, turrets and foundry.   I will not be as omnipotent as before though.  Engi will have better foundry results, and Gunner will dish out more damage with turrets....

The only thing that might need to be made universal is Omni teleportation back to ship.   Coz this feature really speeds up certain moments and whole team uses it a lot.

but how does this make for a better game, with the design and pacing of Railjack?

sure, in Pulsar or Star Trek Bridge or Deep Space, Et Cetera fixed roles atleast in a temporary fashion works - because those games are built from the ground up for every role to always have something to do so that everyone is always participating.

Railjack isn't built like that currently. there are at best 4 Roles, but these Roles overlap pretty significantly or are usually superfluous.
the Pilot and Gunners are essentially replaceable for each other, except one of them can move the Ship. we have no actual need for Gunner Seats as it stands.
the Boarder doesn't really need any special perks. they just need to be able to walk and shoot their Gun. nothing special there. there also isn't always something to Board.
the Engineer spends most of his time waiting for something to do. you only need to Craft some Ammo for the main Gun once maybe twice a Mission, and other than that the Ship Foundry is entirely unneeded generally speaking. maybe he'll get to put out one or two Status Effects across a Mission, assuming the Ship even takes enough Damage for that to happen.

so how does having people spend most of their Mission time standing around waiting, make this game a better game?
versus people being able to swap between Roles as needed to get the Mission completed as fast as possible.

4 hours ago, taiiat said:

Railjack isn't built like that currently. there are at best 4 Roles, but these Roles overlap pretty significantly or are usually superfluous.
the Pilot and Gunners are essentially replaceable for each other, except one of them can move the Ship. we have no actual need for Gunner Seats as it stands.
the Boarder doesn't really need any special perks. they just need to be able to walk and shoot their Gun. nothing special there. there also isn't always something to Board.
the Engineer spends most of his time waiting for something to do. you only need to Craft some Ammo for the main Gun once maybe twice a Mission, and other than that the Ship Foundry is entirely unneeded generally speaking. maybe he'll get to put out one or two Status Effects across a Mission, assuming the Ship even takes enough Damage for that to happen.

so how does having people spend most of their Mission time standing around waiting, make this game a better game?

Thats a huge brain fart.   Where did you pull that "boarder" class from?  Do you even understand what Im talking about?

Im Talking about this:

warframe-railjack-intrinsics.jpg

If you select Pilot role, only Piloting Intrinsics become Active for your Current Mission.    If all your Intrinsics were at Max  ( 10  10  10  10 ), After selecting Pilot Role, your Intrinsics Build becomes 0  10  0   0

Explain to me one thing....How does 0 10 0 0 build make you "stand around, waiting" ?    How?     You can still do EVERYTHING you want.  From boarding to foundry.  

Can use turrets, can run around naked while playing shawzin.  

Further explanation of Role system:     

One player is Frost.   Another is Ash.    Will you send Frost to damage enemies and Ash to defend objective?   You can....But its not as effective as Frost-defense and Ash-damage.

Same goes here.   If one player is 10 Piloting, and another is 8 Engineering, its best to let 10 Piloting guy Pilot, and 8 Engi guy do the foundry and repairs.

If you still do not understand, then so be it.  

3 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Thats a huge brain fart.   Where did you pull that "boarder" class from?  Do you even understand what Im talking about?

have you played Railjack? it is purpose designed with the Roles i stated. Intrinsics doesn't exactly line up with the roles of the Mission, correct. i didn't make the game, don't look at me.

3 hours ago, Kainosh said:

"but i'm not technically preventing you from doing __!"

but in reality you are. you're just trying to create a copout of that theoretically you are not.

On 2021-08-17 at 2:01 PM, Kainosh said:

Im Talking about this:

various effects, benefit each other. so, no that wouldnt really fly.

Archived