Converted Liches QoL Changes

(XBOX)LadyWinterstorm

Just a few Issues that could do with some QoL changes

1.When you have multiple Liches it's random which one will Spawn to help

-Let us toggle which Lich can spawn and which can't via the Codex

2.Liches health is determined by the level they were converted at

-A) Set the health as if it was converted at Level 5 for all Liches

B) Let us upgrade their health somehow

3) On call Liches that are told to "hold position" still use their movement ability and end up moving away from the spot they were at

-Disable movement abilities when told to hold position

4) Once you convert a Lich your stuck with it (Unless you trade it away) If you converted one you got via trade your stuck with it

-Add a way to did dismiss a Lich 

5) Liches have talk a lot before converting but only talk on random show ups once converted

-Add some isle chit chat for crew Liches and ones on call

hace 1 hora, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm dijo:

Couple of other changes that would improve converted Liches 

-Let us fuse weapons into Liches weapons to boost the % and potentially change the element  in their weapon (Could make them untradable)

-Let us mod Liches

-Let us change their appearance (belly armor, helmet, mask...)

-(Optional) Let them use paired emotes when idle like moas or wukong's twin

2 hours ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

.Liches health is determined by the level they were converted at

-A) Set the health as if it was converted at Level 5 for all Liches

Why?  If you refuse to stab your lich to prevent it from ranking up (or belong to that group of people who quit as soon as they find out their requiem mod order is still wrong despite already knowing all 3 of them in order to fight a low level one) then it makes sense for your lich/sister to have stats that reflect its low level.  You either let your lich/sister rank up and fight it to get a strong companion or fight a weak lich and get stuck to it; fighting a low level one and having it magically become level 5 after converting it is simply having your cake and eating it too. 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

B) Let us upgrade their health somehow

Sounds good, just let their base stats reflect the rank at which they were converted.

23 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

refuse to stab your lich

That's an entirely different Issue (That gets on my nerves) besides you can Stab your Lich every time now and it can still not hit Level 5

And I actually I Stabbed my Lich and ended up brute forcing my way and ended up with a level 1 Lich without knowing any Reqs so I should be punished as if I didn't stab it?

33 minutes ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

That's an entirely different Issue (That gets on my nerves) besides you can Stab your Lich every time now and it can still not hit Level 5

Yeah, and then you'll get a lich with stats that reflect the highest level it reached.

34 minutes ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

And I actually I Stabbed my Lich and ended up brute forcing my way and ended up with a level 1 Lich without knowing any Reqs so I should be punished as if I didn't stab it?

If you want them to rank up you can force them to do it by leaving at least 1 empty requiem mod slot.

Also, it's not a punishment, you get to have an easier time against it during the showdown mission and your rewards are same regardless of its level.

If you want a companion lich with rank 5 stats why would you even convert one of a lower level to begin with. Vanquish weak liches sounds like a better idea unless you want them for trading, in which case their level doesn't even matter.

42 minutes ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

That's for killing the lich the threads about converting Liches.

Yeah, the point remains since their level doesn't affect their weapon in any way (i'd kinda like it if liches/sisters ranking up gave their elemental damage bonus some minor buffs to encourage stabbing, but that is actually besides the point)

42 minutes ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

If it's a Kuva Lich with no Ephemera you get a Lich with less health than a Syndicate operative 

Why would you convert it and expect it to be as strong as a R5 lich in the first place. Converting would make sense if the lich had at least have something worth trading or a high rank on top of a high elemental bonus.

7 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Why would you convert it and expect it to be as strong as a R5 lich in the first place. Converting would make sense if the lich had at least have something worth trading or a high rank on top of a high elemental bonus.

It's not advertised that it does, if fact people still say that the level does not affect it's health.

I convert because it's an option, it's like opening relics and saying you should pick the Gold drop for trading... Maybe I want the bronze part...

53 minutes ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

It's not advertised that it does, if fact people still say that the level does not affect it's health.

I still fail to see any reason (that isn't self entitlement) why a player who goes to showdown mission against a lvl1 personal enemy should get a lich (or sister)  as powerful as someone who fights theirs at lvl5.

If something, keeping in mind the amount of people refusing to stab their liches to fight them in the lowest possible level, it makes sense for low level liches to be weaker than higher level ones.

53 minutes ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

I convert because it's an option, it's like opening relics and saying you should pick the Gold drop for trading... Maybe I want the bronze part...

It's an option, one that you decided to take on your own.

Also, you got a nice false equivalent there since liches aren't required to craft anything unlike bronze prime parts.

There's no way once you've stab the Lich with the correct sequence to level it up to level 5, your saying that I chose to have a Showdown with a level 1 Lich, if I could choose to fight a level 5 Lich I would. It's not like Level 5 Liches are difficult as some people who refuse to Stab seem to think.

34 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Also, you got a nice false equivalent there since liches aren't required to craft anything unlike bronze prime parts.

Tbf your not required to do anything 

10 minutes ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

There's no way once you've stab the Lich with the correct sequence to level it up to level 5, your saying that I chose to have a Showdown with a level 1 Lich, if I could choose to fight a level 5 Lich I would.

Yeah, you got "lucky" (was it really good luck?), hit the jackpot and got all 3 requiem mods on the first stab. Your choice may not have been to fight a lvl1 lich, it was on converting it despite its low level.

It's not like Level 5 Liches are difficult as some people who refuse to Stab seem to think.

Yeah, however, i still see no reason why people who refuse to fight high level liches should be rewarded with a strong companion if they decide to convert a low level one.

It may not be your case since you got lucky, but i don't see why DE should add an exception to the game for people who gets all 3 requiem mods right on the first stab, especially keeping in mind that some people go as far as leaving lobbies (and putting the rest of the squad in host migration when they are hosting, i have no idea if this actually works but could be easily abused to fight only Lvl1 liches) in an attempt to keep their lich at the lowest possible level.

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

Tbf your not required to do anything

Exactly my point. Unlike prime parts (your example), liches aren't required for anything (hence the false equivalence on your post)

3 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

i still see no reason why people who refuse to fight high level liches should be rewarded with a strong companion

The issue is your punished only if you choose to convert, now if the level also affected the weapon % it'd be less of an issue. As it stands people only interested in killing have no drawback to fighting a low level Lich.

The issue is your punished only if you choose to convert,

I don't see it as "punishing players for converting low level liches", more like rewarding people who take on a high level one and decide to convert amd give up their weapon.

Now if the level also affected the weapon % it'd be less of an issue.

I'm sure i said something along those lines above

It would be nice as a way to encourage people seeking to maximize weapon elemental bonus to stab instead of going for low low level liches, it would even make the vanquish/convert decision get some more meaning since we would be choosing between sparing powerful companions or taking their weapons.

However, i see nothing about it in the OP and all i see is a request to magically rank them up to lvl5 regardless of their level during the showdown, which doesn't make any sense imo.

As it stands people only interested in killing have no drawback to fighting a low level Lich.

People interested only in trading (usually for the ephemeras) have no drawback on it either. Hell, people who just wants their ephemeras will get them regardless of their choice during the showdown so they can legit have their cake and eat it too.

These are not QoL changes, but I'll drop my ideas here.

Converted Liches as Crewmembers :

1. Let us revive them when they are downed. 

2. Give them innate health regeneration. Syndicate crews have this, why not Liches?

3. Allow us to mod their weapons or swap them with another Kuva (Kuva Lich) or Tenet (Sister) we have in the arsenal.

Converted Liches as randomly spawned allies after the player enters bleedout :

1. Lich should spawn instantly when the requirements are met.

2. Fix the bug where randomly spawned Liches wielding melee weapons never swing their weapon. On-Call Liches do not have this bug however.

3. Improve level scaling to help them tackle high level enemies. The formula should be Current Enemy Level + (10 x Lich Rank). This allows them to be better than specters.

20 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I don't see it as "punishing players for converting low level liches", more like rewarding people who take on a high level one and decide to convert amd give up their weapon.

So what about low level Liches, are they a lost Cause? 

23 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

However, i see nothing about it in the OP and all i see is a request to magically rank them up to lvl5 regardless of their level during the showdown, which doesn't make any sense imo.

The OP is about Converting Liches not stabbing them...

As it stands there is no way to rank them up and it was just a suggestion. If I had the option to simply fight the same Lich again on order to get it to Rank 5 I'm fine with that

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

So what about low level Liches, are they a lost Cause? 

Unless DE gave us some way to level them up ourselves, mod them, or at least get rid of them without selling, i guess they are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

The OP is about Converting Liches not stabbing them...

Yeah, and that's exactly why i said that this is actually besides the point when i first mentioned it.

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

As it stands there is no way to rank them up and it was just a suggestion.

Yeah, still one that, imo (once again) doesn't make sense since DE should somehow encourage us to fight higher level liches regardless of what we want to obtain from them. 

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

If I had the option to simply fight the same Lich again on order to get it to Rank 5 I'm fine with that

I wouldn't mind either tbh. In fact, i'm fine with anything to rank them up as long as it involves playing the game. That sounds much better than option A ("Set the health as if it was converted at level 5 for all liches") from OP.

25 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Unless DE gave us some way to level them up ourselves, mod them, or at least get rid of them without selling, i guess they are ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm all for levelling them up, having to farm new "Lich Mods" from wherever they drop. 

You can get rid of pretty much everything in the game without trading so why not Liches.

29 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

I wouldn't mind either tbh. In fact, i'm fine with anything to rank them up as long as it involves playing the game. That sounds much better than option A ("Set the health as if it was converted at level 5 for all liches") from OP.

Not sure how exactly they'd do it, maybe having to do the Showdown again in a sort of "Train your Lich" Scenario sounds fun

• 1 month later...

Archived