The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

at 1st glance i was excited for the change to the vaulted items aswell as the change to get some other prime accessories without getting other things it may have come with that i didnt want which would be a lesser overall price i assumed. however regal aya is a rip off atlest in its current state.. if i buy an old prime accessory set it would be $20 for the 2 primed items in that set plus 200 plat which hurts, but bearable sometimes for things i really want and also knowing im helping warframe a bit. however for the same price with regal aya now i just would get the 2 primed accessories maybe.. as they might be alittle more regal aya and therefor money in this set up not even counting the fact that no plat is included.. i know DE isnt hurting when it comes to money so whats up with this clear as day rip off?

old way  $20 = 2 prime accessories + 200 plat

new way $20 = 3 aya which = maybe 2 accessories and no plat

i love the new vaulted idea aswell as aya, but this regal aya is bs.. ive bought many primed accessories and i also look to see what new ones you come up with and await old ones i missed so yeah.. people like my self whom know the prices wont fall for this.. and if youre going to give us bull that the plat was a bonus then add that bonus to the regal aya plus some for being greedy.. same price for less goods.. shame on you DE shame.. fix this.. atlest make it equal or i feel youre going to lose alot of respect.

35 minutes ago, JackalX137 said:

at 1st glance i was excited for the change to the vaulted items aswell as the change to get some other prime accessories without getting other things it may have come with that i didnt want which would be a lesser overall price i assumed. however regal aya is a rip off atlest in its current state.. if i buy an old prime accessory set it would be $20 for the 2 primed items in that set plus 200 plat which hurts, but bearable sometimes for things i really want and also knowing im helping warframe a bit. however for the same price with regal aya now i just would get the 2 primed accessories maybe.. as they might be alittle more regal aya and therefor money in this set up not even counting the fact that no plat is included.. i know DE isnt hurting when it comes to money so whats up with this clear as day rip off?

old way  $20 = 2 prime accessories + 200 plat

new way $20 = 3 aya which = maybe 2 accessories and no plat

i love the new vaulted idea aswell as aya, but this regal aya is bs.. ive bought many primed accessories and i also look to see what new ones you come up with and await old ones i missed so yeah.. people like my self whom know the prices wont fall for this.. and if youre going to give us bull that the plat was a bonus then add that bonus to the regal aya plus some for being greedy.. same price for less goods.. shame on you DE shame.. fix this.. atlest make it equal or i feel youre going to lose alot of respect.

In the old way, you'd also only get a shot at items every 3 months when a new unvaulting happens. Now you will get a shot at new items every week. You don't see the immense boon this is, do you? What many would wait years for is now avaliable within the span of this event alone. I believe this is called a trade off. No plat but you don't have to wait years. The no plat is what one would call a premium for saving you tons of time and giving it to you right now. When something usually takes years to get and you can get it within weeks, you generally have a small trade off. You can't expect both instances to be equal. 

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

In the old way, you'd also only get a shot at items every 3 months when a new unvaulting happens. Now you will get a shot at new items every week. You don't see the immense boon this is, do you? What many would wait years for is now avaliable within the span of this event alone. I believe this is called a trade off. No plat but you don't have to wait years. The no plat is what one would call a premium for saving you tons of time and giving it to you right now. When something usually takes years to get and you can get it within weeks, you generally have a small trade off. You can't expect both instances to be equal. 

Nonsense. We can and do expect both instances to be equal because that's what DE said it would be.

Regal Aya Pack prices are an exact 1:1 with what you could get before in the Prime Vault Packs

They've edited the OP to no longer say this, of course. But you can still read the original text on the subreddit:

q07DdQo.png

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/qrn3q6/prime_resurgence_dev_workshop_faq/

It's genius really if you are wanting to squeeze out F2P players ability to live comfortably within the ecosystem.

Normal Aya allows players to get the exact relics they want, devaluing those rare and valued prime parts (glaive prime disc, nova prime, ember prime, etc etc.) This causes market prices to drop for those parts outside of the prime trash submarket.

Royal Aya NOT including plat shrinks the supply of plat flowing into the economy to balance out plat being spent in the market (which removes plat from the system.)

Royal Aya being untradeable and ungiftable leaves players unable to engage in anything that currency is used for without putting money on the table.

We, the vocal minority, will look at Endo and rightly go 'this is garbage it is nowhere near an equivalent.' Yet to a new player just starting out due to all the hype about the New War, that sudden influx of endo just quietly scoots them along so they're feeling GREAT about the purchase til they get to the end of the star chart, unlock railjack, and realize how it is relatively easy to just passively farm up the kind of endo these packs are offering.

The damage is already done though. Those new players are weeks into the new system and have been singing its praises, shouting down people who are trying to steer them away from the scammy scummy nature of it all, and their satisfaction can be used as a shield when outside entities come knocking.

In short? DE has, of their own volition mandate or other instigation, turned to the dark side of monetization.

Combine that with players who seem OK with 'oh juuuust this oooonce' when to DE it doesn't matter if i's a few players buying regularly, or waves of people buying once. The metrics are going to look similar with cash flowing in, which will tell them 'Hey this works!'

Since we are in a very delicate period where DE acting, or not, has a major influence on things.... and I trend towards pessimism? I won't speculate on what they will or won't do. Just that we the players should vote by closing our wallets. 

And contact Jim Sterling. Why him? Well, we the playerbase had been clamoring for seperate prime accessories packs for years. DE was silent. Jim Sterling makes a video gushing over how much he likes warframe, and on and on, and oh ya hey could you guys do the thing where I can buy just the accessories? Suddenly as if by magic that goes from 'can't do' to 'now suddenly an option.' Almost like DE would rather this behavior not hit the more mainstream outlets.

So Jim Sterling, YongYea, etc. Please get in touch with them. We the forum going population may be relatively small, but we might be large enough to flag down more public attention. Be polite. No demonizing. Just 'could you guys look at this because it looks very scummy and very scammy.'

1 hour ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

No plat but you don't have to wait years.

The whole time-limited nature of accessibility to things to begin with is/was a stupid idea to begin with. As all of this is purely digital, there has been and is ZERO reason for such timed exclusivity to begin with. There's no physical product, so no manufacturing needs to be done, no shipping, and no overhead of handling the logistics of managing physical inventory of these items. Prime Vault has been ... quite unnecessary this entire time.

5 hours ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

It's genius really if you are wanting to squeeze out F2P players ability to live comfortably within the ecosystem.

Normal Aya allows players to get the exact relics they want, devaluing those rare and valued prime parts (glaive prime disc, nova prime, ember prime, etc etc.) This causes market prices to drop for those parts outside of the prime trash submarket.

Royal Aya NOT including plat shrinks the supply of plat flowing into the economy to balance out plat being spent in the market (which removes plat from the system.)

Royal Aya being untradeable and ungiftable leaves players unable to engage in anything that currency is used for without putting money on the table.

We, the vocal minority, will look at Endo and rightly go 'this is garbage it is nowhere near an equivalent.' Yet to a new player just starting out due to all the hype about the New War, that sudden influx of endo just quietly scoots them along so they're feeling GREAT about the purchase til they get to the end of the star chart, unlock railjack, and realize how it is relatively easy to just passively farm up the kind of endo these packs are offering.

The damage is already done though. Those new players are weeks into the new system and have been singing its praises, shouting down people who are trying to steer them away from the scammy scummy nature of it all, and their satisfaction can be used as a shield when outside entities come knocking.

In short? DE has, of their own volition mandate or other instigation, turned to the dark side of monetization.

Combine that with players who seem OK with 'oh juuuust this oooonce' when to DE it doesn't matter if i's a few players buying regularly, or waves of people buying once. The metrics are going to look similar with cash flowing in, which will tell them 'Hey this works!'

Since we are in a very delicate period where DE acting, or not, has a major influence on things.... and I trend towards pessimism? I won't speculate on what they will or won't do. Just that we the players should vote by closing our wallets. 

And contact Jim Sterling. Why him? Well, we the playerbase had been clamoring for seperate prime accessories packs for years. DE was silent. Jim Sterling makes a video gushing over how much he likes warframe, and on and on, and oh ya hey could you guys do the thing where I can buy just the accessories? Suddenly as if by magic that goes from 'can't do' to 'now suddenly an option.' Almost like DE would rather this behavior not hit the more mainstream outlets.

So Jim Sterling, YongYea, etc. Please get in touch with them. We the forum going population may be relatively small, but we might be large enough to flag down more public attention. Be polite. No demonizing. Just 'could you guys look at this because it looks very scummy and very scammy.'

Very well spoken, my friend

4 hours ago, SephirothWS said:

The whole time-limited nature of accessibility to things to begin with is/was a stupid idea to begin with. As all of this is purely digital, there has been and is ZERO reason for such timed exclusivity to begin with. There's no physical product, so no manufacturing needs to be done, no shipping, and no overhead of handling the logistics of managing physical inventory of these items. Prime Vault has been ... quite unnecessary this entire time.

Indeed. It does make the people who aquire the limited-time stuff feel special and cool, though. And that gives appeal. Very much like a limited edition set of shoes, for example. Yes, this is digital, not physical, but the appeal is the same. This incentivizes a player to get this exclusive thing. And if everyone has it, it's no longer exclusive, and therefore no longer special. Now, a lot of people no longer want the cool and snazzy special item, because it's no longer special.

My point is. There is a good reason to keep certain items artifically limited to increase the happiness of players who spend money. That is their goal as a business, after all. Nothing inherantly scummy about that. Normal marketing, though a tad manipulative (and I could go on a rant on todays capitalism, but I won't do that this fine day xD)

Also. Raya is cooln't

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan:

That makes no sense. ...

Not sure why you quoted my sentence and went on a rant about lost value, which i do critisize in the next sentences myself.

But back to your initial statement:

Using real money to purchase a premium currency, to purchase another premium currency with that first premium currency, is a shabby tactic of many mobile games (often doing this not with two, but several currencies stacked that way) and even a few others. The goal of this tactic is to delude the value of items with each stack of purchased premium currency and to generate left overs of those premium currencies. In short: maximize profits.

DE not walking that path, is welcome. At the very least for me.

4 minutes ago, Paidari said:

Not sure why you quoted my sentence and went on a rant about lost value, which i do critisize two sentences later myself.

But back to your initial statement:

Using real money to purchase a premium currency, to purchase another premium currency with that first premium currency, is a shabby tactic of many mobile games (often doing this not with two, but several currencies stacked that way) and even a few others. The goal of this tactic is to delude the value of items with each stack of purchased premium currency and to generate left overs of those premium currencies. In short: maximize profits.

DE not walking that path, is welcome. At the very least for me.

Yeah. That is a very good point. They seem to make it clear that they haven't gone that far. Because of this, the prices of raya should probably be reduced instead of include platinum. That said though. If the demand for platinum in the packs is high enough, then it wouldn't be scummy considering they did it because of player demand.

6 minutes ago, Paidari said:

a shabby tactic of many mobile games (often doing this not with two, but several currencies stacked that way) and even a few others. The goal of this tactic is to delude the value of items with each stack of purchased premium currency and to generate left overs of those premium currencies. In short: maximize profits.

That's literally all Raya is specifically because of the lack of plat.  They could just put the plat in the raya packs, so you're buying two currencies for the price of one and the price that you would have paid remains the same in most cases.  They using an incredibly flimsy argument and you're repeating it for them.

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

That's literally all Raya is specifically because of the lack of plat.  They could just put the plat in the raya packs, so you're buying two currencies for the price of one and the price that you would have paid remains the same in most cases.  They using an incredibly flimsy argument and you're repeating it for them.

Yes, they could do that, but I don't think that's what Paidari ment. Paidari didn't excuse their behaviour regarding raya. But said that replacing the endo with platinum would be very tasteless. So you buy raya, then buy the dual-pack, let's say, and you get platinum by doing so. So you use one currency to buy another. That is not right

But yes. Getting both raya and platinum in the tier 1, 2  and 3 prices wouldn't be too bad

While Aya on its own is an excellent concept, Regal Aya is simply not worth it, the platinum in the prime vault bundles was worth 50% at minimum of the over all bundles and allowed me to buy so much more.

I could buy prime warframe sets on their own with the platinum on the private market. 

Not to mention the way Regal Aya works is fundamentally flawed, if I was allowed to buy an entire Warframe vault pack with a single Regal Aya, Then I would pay for it as that to me is getting my moneys worth. 

However you've chosen not to do that...... And Honestly, that is a HUGE mistake. 

I've been buying prime accesses and prime vaults because of their value for what I can get in game, now that Value is going to be gone with Regal Aya, you've lost most of my interest in buying these packs to keep the game running.......

While yes Prime Vault is broken/is straight up worse than Normal Aya, I'd rather have the Prime Vault Packs than have to pay for something that has Zero Value. 

Hell this makes Normal Aya 1000xs more valuable than Regal Aya as its much easier to obtain and not to mention is completely free..... Its a no brainer.

In my opinion, what you should be doing is implementing a normal Aya system to allow players to easily get the prime vault parts they want, as well as keeping the standard prime vault access available to players *WITH* the Platinum left in it, you'd make a much bigger profit as people would be more inclined to buy it. 

8 minutes ago, TheONLYHamster said:

In my opinion, what you should be doing is implementing a normal Aya system to allow players to easily get the prime vault parts they want, as well as keeping the standard prime vault access available to players *WITH* the Platinum left in it, you'd make a much bigger profit as people would be more inclined to buy it. 

Yeah, I think so too. With the current setup only the people who'd buy anyway is going to spend. And yes, they will pay more than normal, but I don't think that makes up for the amount of people who won't spend because of their attemt to scam and trick their playerbase.

10 minutes ago, Hokkis31 said:

Yeah, I think so too. With the current setup only the people who'd buy anyway is going to spend. And yes, they will pay more than normal, but I don't think that makes up for the amount of people who won't spend because of their attemt to scam and trick their playerbase.

Indeed, the total number of people lost from buying prime vaults is going to outweigh the number of people who'd actually be willing to pay for regal aya packs

If the packs still had plat in them I'd see why they'd stay the same price but they don't you literally think your players are stupid dont you DE there's thousands of people that play your game and we do math every single day for builds, damage numbers, and other things you just thought we wouldn't notice you trying to scam us 

Regular prime dual pack = 1200 plat and everything that comes with both packs for 60$

The resurgence pack = 50k unless endo (that can literally be farmed in hours and only has one use) and everything that comes with both packs 60$ to 80$ 60 if you add the 20$ 3 aya and 40$ 7 aya together but newer players will think those are bad deals ill buy the 80$ one 

The pack without plat should be 10 dollars at the least and 30 at the most 

Oh my goodness! I think I understand what you're saying @SneakyErvin. You are not agreeing with DE's decison. You don't like their prices. But you are defending their right to make the choices they made. Am I correct in this assesment?

If this is the case, then I am sorry on the bahalf of everyone who has barrated you. I disagree with their decision, and I don't believe in defending them, but at least I think I understand your argument better now

5 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Nonsense. We can and do expect both instances to be equal because that's what DE said it would be.

Nonsense? I suppose it would be nonsense to someone who doesn't think about trade offs from all angles and would rather focus on getting it their way all the time.

When did DE say it would be equal?

4 hours ago, SephirothWS said:

Actually... Prime vaulting plays a key role in Warframe today. 

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Nonsense? I suppose it would be nonsense to someone who doesn't think about trade offs from all angles and would rather focus on getting it their way all the time.

When did DE say it would be equal?

They said it here man.....

Please read the article......

unknown.png?width=694&height=70

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

Notice... in both the Mag and the Nova, the accessories cost 3 regal aya per pair of accessories that would normally come in said bundle. Guess how much that would cost the normal way? 20 bucks. So far it is 1:1. 

Indeed, with those same 20 bucks you'd also get 200 platinum and a sugatra/sigil/extractor. So far it's not 1:1 unless you believe accessories + small thingy = accessories + small thingy + 200p. We can cancel out accessories and small thingy since they are on both sides and we get: 0 = 200p. The equation does not go up

Remember. You only get the "compensation" endo in the packs, not when you buy individual pieces, so there is NO compensation unless you buy either the 6 or 10 raya pack

1 minute ago, Hokkis31 said:

Indeed, with those same 20 bucks you'd also get 200 platinum and a sugatra/sigil/extractor. So far it's not 1:1 unless you believe accessories + small thingy = accessories + small thingy + 200p

Remember. You only get the "compensation" endo in the packs, not when you buy individual pieces, so there is NO compensation unless you buy either the 6 or 10 raya pack

And how do you expect them to give plat? Only way I can think of is to give 133 plat per frame and weapon when you buy it with regal aya. 3 x 133 = 399 (400p) and give 100 plat per accessory. 2 x 100 = 200p. This would mean you'd get the plat equivalent if you bought all the individual pieces. 

That theory wouldn't work though. It wouldn't be a 1:1 ratio when people start only buying the 1 regal aya parts for 100p per. The regal aya to plat ratio wouldn't be equal. That's the problem we have.

Now let's say you set a ratio based on 1 regal aya spent equals a set number of plat given as a bonus, then it still wouldn't work because 1 aya for a frame couldn't give the same plat that 1 regal aya for an accessory gives because the ratio wouldn't be 1:1.

If you can find a perfect way to do it that would be 1:1 in all situations, then a point can be made. As of right now, all I hear is complaints from everyone but no perfect answer. 

18 minutes ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

And how do you expect them to give plat? Only way I can think of is to give 133 plat per frame and weapon when you buy it with regal aya. 3 x 133 = 399 (400p) and give 100 plat per accessory. 2 x 100 = 200p. This would mean you'd get the plat equivalent if you bought all the individual pieces. 

That theory wouldn't work though. It wouldn't be a 1:1 ratio when people start only buying the 1 regal aya parts for 100p per. The regal aya to plat ratio wouldn't be equal. That's the problem we have.

Now let's say you set a ratio based on 1 regal aya spent equals a set number of plat given as a bonus, then it still wouldn't work because 1 aya for a frame couldn't give the same plat that 1 regal aya for an accessory gives because the ratio wouldn't be 1:1.

If you can find a perfect way to do it that would be 1:1 in all situations, then a point can be made. As of right now, all I hear is complaints from everyone but no perfect answer. 

The answer is very simple, actually. There are multiple ways of doing it too.

1) When you buy, let's say 3 raya for $20 you also get 100p. Then we have reduced the plat earned as a "convenience fee" if this is necessary (it isn't, but sure).

2) Remove raya. Let the accessories be bought straight up with money. Either through the website just like PA, or that the store gives a link to the website.

Tl:dr

There is no bonus. There is a claim of a bonus, but this is a normal marketing strategy and should be ignored as such

And this is something that direly needs to be adressed. What do people mean with "bonus"? There is no bonus. When Prime Access says $149 (but $349 actual value), then that is just utter baloney. It is a age-old marketing strategy. It implies that it costs DE money to give you extra platinum. That they lose out on money. But they don't. This is very important to grasp. You could argue "But with discounting us, they loose out on the 200 dollars worth of platinum they gave us, because now we won't buy the platinum anymore". This argument is foolsih, however. Noone in their right mind would spend $149 on a shiny boi, a shiny cape and a shiny glyph (unless they have a good amount of money). When a frame comes out then it's price is super high on the market for the first few days. But with the platinum you also got from the pack you can buy multiple sets on day 1. And tens of frames after a week or so. So the frame is essentially free. So 149 for a glyph and a cape. That's a stupid deal. And DE is very aware that this is a stupid deal. Therefore they give plenty of platinum to compensate. The "bonus" is just a word they use to make the consumer believe they are doing a real bargain. Most people wait for a plat-discount before they buy platinum anyways, so the prices on the website aren't what most people buy platinum for (with exceptions of course).

Also. DE loses money if people don't buy stuff, not when they buy stuff for less.

So I want to try and leave concise (spoiler, I failed at the concise part) feedback, in case its beneficial to improving the system. So the following is mostly subjective around my own preferences and spending habits.

Regular Aya sounds great, and a net positive. Regal Aya... I could see myself purchasing, potentially, but I feel like there are red flags. To acknowledge some obvious facts, not everything in the game is intended or going to be for everyone. I don't purchase every Prime Access/Prime Access Accessories, but I do purchase some occasionally if there is something cool I like. It may just be that Regal Aya is not for me, and that is okay, Prime Access Accessories isn't for some people, and yet people like me, will occasionally grab it. So I am sure there are going to be plenty of people who are going to like Regal Aya as it is. So ultimately my feedback might just be "this person isn't our target in regards to Regal Aya". 

Regal Aya does have a lot thats appealing to me though, as someone who could see themselves paying for it, I don't care for Syandana/Sugatra for example, but I generally love Armour sets, so getting to be more selective is a big plus. Prime Noggles as well is a big plus. Another selling point is the time, and opportunity to get a lot more a lot sooner... for myself personally, this isn't as big a factor, since I am pretty patient and okay with waiting... I acknowledge its a big selling point though, so a factor in its valuing potentially and thus pricing... Thing is, a large reason I occasionally buy the Prime Accessories is definitely because of the discounted Plat/Boosters it comes with. Semantics about whether its free/bonus aside, some people like myself, its what gives those packs value (Plat to be used for Fashion Frame, Boosters, Forma, Catalysts, Decorations, Colour Palettes so much). 

At the moment personally, Regal Aya feels a bit off value wise, because of the absence of Plat/Booster value. The whole premium currency to get another premium currency topic and creating a competition between Regal Aya and Platinum and the pros and cons and motivations behind, are a whole other complex subject I don't want to get into, but... well to try and insert more practicality into it, this December I plan on playing Warframe a bunch, and simultaneously rewarding myself with something nice in Warframe, and supporting the game, because I am happy to have New War and I am sure it will be great. I assume there is going to be a new Prime Warframe, so right now, I will probably get the Prime Accessories Access if there is a cool armour accessory or something like that, or if not then the Prime Access itself, or depending on the Unvault, maybe one of the Accessories there too?!? Despite having a lot of selling points to myself, Royal Aya is at the bottom of the priority there. 

For myself personally? Without the Platinum etc it needs to be better than a 1:1 equivalent, because whilst I understand the selling points and value are in the flexibility, selectiveness, and opportunity of now vs months away... Regal Aya is so much more limited than Platinum. For someone like myself, I am in a situation where I would have to start picking and it might be because I am more accustomed to it, but Prime Access/Prime Unvault seems/feels like it has more value... but then also the way such pricing systems work, is that well, you are incentivised to get the most expensive versions for the sake of value. So in an alt reality I would buy a whole lot of Regal Aya and forgo the Prime Access/Prime Unvault, and not have Plat. Except the Devil on my shoulder is saying... why not just get everything? Which ehh... again its a me problem, but... 

Also yeah I get such things are hard to tune around, like personally, I know what would make Regal Aya take priority over say a Prime Access Accessories/Unvault Accessories, the current Regal Aya packs are like uhh 3, 7 and 15 right? At the current prices and in a hypothetical vacuum, they'd have to be like 5, 10 and 20 for me to consider them as valuable as Prime Access/Unvault equivalents (and then I'd probably het Prime Access Accessories and the middle tier of Regal Aya) but then to someone else not even that would be fair, and to them it should be like 30, 50 and 100, which to myself would sound absurd, and to return to Prime Access, I know some people view that as absurd pricing... so... yeah I acknowledge that on the business side, and trying to work out value and what people want to pay for and how that affects retention and all that, its complicated yadda yadda, I am glad its not my job. 

Just one persons feedback, I apologises I can't be more concise. If Plat can't be included, I do hope there are more minor micro adjustments to pricing or amount of Regal Aya you do get. If you want the part of my brain that is addicted to Noggles to win against the part of my brain that is trying to tell me to get into "unnamed MMO thats getting a bit update soon** and the part of my brain that tells me to stop spending so much on games, it needs extra help and incentives!! 

Archived