The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

16 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

With Prime Resurgence launching tomorrow, we wanted to answer your requests to (a) add Platinum to the packs and (b) add Accessories Packs with Platinum. 

A. The reality is that for this inaugural launch we are unable at this time (right before launch) to add Platinum to the packs due to technical and compliance limitations across all Warframe’s platforms. We want to avoid doing any changes midway through the event as well, with it becoming a logistical challenge on the backend setup and unfair to the players who were early participants. While it is not possible for this first run, we have pages upon pages of feedback here that will be considered alongside the data we’ll be reviewing once the event has finished. Rest assured the importance of bonus Platinum in the value proposition is noted for next time. 

B. The same reasoning from A applies to adding Accessories Packs - there is still much to consider for an event that has yet to run, but being the biggest discussed point here we know it is desired. But since we are unable to add a Pack at this point, there is no way for us to add Platinum to a pack that doesn’t exist. 

We really want to stress again that this is our first attempt at running an event like this. It has been 8 years of the same Prime Access system and 7 years of Prime Vault, we aren’t reinventing the wheel but we are venturing into an entirely new way to make Prime items available in ways we’ve never attempted before. And this is why player feedback is so vital, we know what your top concerns are and will take it into consideration if we look at a future run of Prime Resurgence. 

We just simply cannot commit to any major systematic changes at this time, because of the reasons listed above and because we need performance data to make educated and informed decisions if we run the event again. These may not be the answers you were hoping for, but for the sake of transparency they are the answers we have to give at this time. We also want to make a point of saying that you as a player have the freedom to participate in any form that is most comfortable to you. With far more avenues of access to free-path Primed items with Aya, you can dedicate your time to building up that Prime inventory that you’ve been dreaming of. 

Thank you for reading and we’ll see you for tomorrow’s launch! 

If you value our feedback why didn't we learn about this event 1 week ahead of time? You're not listening to player feedback, you're trying to see if you can get away with this.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)hair-public214 said:

You purposely waited this out so that you could use this poor excuse,

you could just double the amount of regal aya that we can get

or you could you know cut the price in half since that's THE ACTUAL VALUE

They literally think we're ignorant and can't do calculations on what the actual pricing should be without platinum its more or less worth 50x less than what there asking 

6 hours ago, (PSN)Rainbow_Neos1 said:

That's not getting you much in an hour compared to what other guy said. 

Why the mod drop booster? 

Just go to steel path arena and farm the last tier, endo is classified as a mod not a currency like credit or a resource  so the mod drop chance booster helps a lot 

with that you gonna get 2-3k endo every 3 min 

This is not the same as drop rates or resource investments so players TIME is disrespected and that people who bow down to DE 24/7 use “this is a free to play game” to defend their faults. these are players hard earned MONEY DE and being scammed of 200 plat is an issue you simply can’t ignore nor can just say “better luck next time”

4 hours ago, (PSN)Javelinguard said:

If you value our feedback why didn't we learn about this event 1 week ahead of time? You're not listening to player feedback, you're trying to see if you can get away with this.

Iv sead this a lot but they think we're stupid and were not 

4 hours ago, (PSN)RB3-Reloaded said:

This is not the same as drop rates or resource investments so players TIME is disrespected and that people who bow down to DE 24/7 use “this is a free to play game” to defend their faults. these are players hard earned MONEY DE and being scammed of 200 plat is an issue you simply can’t ignore nor can just say “better luck next time”

I agree  👍 

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

They simply don't know the bad deal they will get if they buy regal aya or any packs spending more for less its sad de has started stooping to ea and activision levels of riping off there loyal fans and new fans  

Or maybe some people accept that prime accessories are overpriced no matter what it comes with. 

$5 or $10... It's all overpriced. It's up to a person to decide if it's worth it to them. 

14 hours ago, Voltage said:

Then why don't you guys start doing Dev Workshops before commitments? The feedback is pointless if you already put all your eggs in one basket.

Reputation is hard to earn and easy to lose. I think it's better to delay this event or lower the cost to accommodate for the lack of Platinum if there are severe challenges and turn a new leaf with how feedback is valued from these posts and from the community who has kept this game thriving for 8 years.

The fact it has taken this many pages to get a message across that most of us could have pointed out as soon as it was suggested to remove Platinum and substitute Endo is telling. This happens with everything from bug reporting, balance feedback, to marketing. It's really strange how DE treats the playerbase and then backpedals when they realize the invested ones have a point almost every time. When people say all this, "DE" is used to say "DE management/decisions". It's nothing towards you Danielle, Megan, Rebecca, or anyone in the community team. It's really obvious where this issue resides and you guys are the ones keeping everything together. Thank you for being active in this thread and being the middle man of this discussion. I hope you understand that most of these concerns are directed at the management of these systems and not the poor community managers who have to endure this cycle every time there's a Dev Workshop. It's severe this time because it's about money instead of a mod or two. 

It's getting to the point where financial loss is the only way to get across this problem that's been slowly cooking for years at a time. Maybe this Prime Resurgence will be that tipping point, I'm not sure.

And regarding "reinventing the wheel", you sort of are. The whole system boils down to "reinventing the wheel" and testing the waters of what more aggressive F2P games use with confusing currencies and the "just short amount" tactic to make people overspend.

14 hours ago, SneakyKinzhal said:

Delay the event a week. Fix it. Don’t release it in such a shady, off-putting way. You will lose money from this. You will lose customers. You will lose the little good will you have at the moment, considering how little content you have released lately.

One more week won’t kill you as a company. So (DE)lay the event.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

1 hour ago, Wiz3rd said:

Don't give us excuses, do better.

This has been going on for years Wiz3rd

4 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Or maybe some people accept that prime accessories are overpriced no matter what it comes with. 

$5 or $10... It's all overpriced. It's up to a person to decide if it's worth it to them. 

It would be worth it if they actually added the plat that went with the pack or cut the price in half because they removed the plat 

But yes its up to them to see if its worth geting for them 

Gerade eben schrieb (XBOX)toughdragon17:

They simply don't know the bad deal they will get if they buy regal aya or any packs spending more for less its sad de has started stooping to ea and activision levels of riping off there loyal fans and new fans  

Well, I, the anti hero powered by snacks and soda (I do really like that title) has calculated how bad the deal is and, still thinks it's not that crazy. Most of the calculation I saw so far are just flawed (somebody even claimed the dual pack costs 21 regal aya, others are taking questionable rates for plat).

At the very worst it is about 12$ more than normal, but on the other side if you plan it right, you can get stuff cheaper than normal unvaultings, but hardly anybody is talking about that, lol.

Activision? EA?? LOL, You guys are behaving as if they implemented some crazy gacha mechanics, when they actually reduced the RNG for the relics, and raised prices of some cosmetics instead

vor 10 Minuten schrieb DukeRukasu:

At the very worst it is about 12$ more than normal, but on the other side if you plan it right, you can get stuff cheaper than normal unvaultings, but hardly anybody is talking about that, lol.

If you subtract these 12$ from the price of the pack (20$) you will find out that both cosmetics have a remaining value of 8$. Charging 20$ now for something that only has a value of 8$ is a 150% price increase for these items.

If your daily pizza or the price at the gas station all of a sudden is 150% more expensive you certainly (just like everyone else) would be furious about it.

I for some reason that even EA or Activision did pull of such an increase before (not 100% sure on it).

vor 8 Minuten schrieb OP-R8R:

If you subtract these 12$ from the price of the pack (20$) you will find out that both cosmetics have a remaining value of 8$. Charging 20$ now for something that only has a value of 8$ is a 150% price increase for these items.

This is not how maths work! If you plan to only buy one Accessory pack you lose on Plat that is worth about 12$ compared to a normal unvaulting, that is not taking into account that, this Plat probably counts as discounted. That means it is around 50% at max and this is only true if you plan to buy exactly one accessory pack of one warframe, not more. No mix matching and stuff

22 hours ago, (PSN)UrDead2meGTFO said:

If that was true, I would agree. It it was a bonus it can re removed or change. However, despite what DE said in this thread, that is not the case. If you look at the store currently, especially on playstation, it say the bundle includes "DISCOUNTED platinum". This means it isn't a bonus, but part of the bundle. 

Personally. When I buy access packs, it is for the Plat; with the primed parts as the bonus. I'm sure I'm not alone in that aspect

I'm thinking, the only reason they took out the platinum is to cut out the middle man. If they use a new currency without adding platinum, they can say it's a different system and not have to split the profits as much.

I have no problem cutting out plat. It is what it is. Just adjust the price accordingly, and don't pretend that the pack didn't just get devalued. Also, maybe bit more than endo as bonus. You can get endo in every mission, sorties, rathuum, and even 30k from teshin rotations. It is clearly not equal value. Plus, if I bought sculptures 5p each and an average of 2500 endo per sculpture, that's 20 sculptures for 100 plat. Not exactly equal to 1200 plat replacement.

That could still mean that it is free since a discount can be 100%.

And I think the change is partly tied to the system changing from being a store front to an in-game vendor, leading to extra steps having to be taken before feeling comfy to introduce the premium currency as an obtainable within the game. Wouldnt be so fun for anyone if people find exploits that give them more or repeated access to the plat, which then changes hands etc. It is already bad enough with chargeback plat.

21 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

"You can't buy prime accessories with real money because previously you could only buy prime accessories with real money." What the flying f*** are you even saying, mate??

They cant do this since they plan to move it all into the game for ease of use for both players and themselves. Removing RA and using cash instead would not work in that case, since they likely dont have the security options inside the game needed for safe real money transactions. They have a third party provider for that. Not only that, but since Jan 2021 the EU requires people to verify their purchases online with BankID, which is also not part of the game coding. RA is there so they can have a singular item purchasable through the site no matter the unvault active, which serves the same purpose for DE, to secure that each access gives DE direct revenue compared to platinum purchased items that may use "old" circulating plat.

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)toughdragon17 said:

It would be worth it if they actually added the plat that went with the pack or cut the price in half because they removed the plat 

But yes its up to them to see if its worth geting for them 

I know everyone posting here is going to say they buy prime accessories for the plat, but I'm sure there's are many like me that spend $20 because they want the cosmetic. 

The plat never factored into whether or not I was going to waste $20 on a syandana. 

Essentially nothing changes then. I'm going to decide if it's worth wasting $20 for some digital cosmetics - And I will for a few noggles and that Mesa helm

13 minutes ago, DukeRukasu said:

Well, I, the anti hero powered by snacks and soda (I do really like that title) has calculated how bad the deal is and, still thinks it's not that crazy. Most of the calculation I saw so far are just flawed (somebody even claimed the dual pack costs 21 regal aya, others are taking questionable rates for plat).

Activision? EA?? LOL, You guys are behaving as if they implemented some crazy gacha mechanics, when they actually reduced the RNG for the relics, and raised prices of some cosmetics instead

Were talking about (regal aya) hear (aya) is fine 

The duo pack costs 10 regal aya which is 60$ to 80$ dollers 60 if you add the 3 and 7 regal aya together or 80$ for 15  60$ and 80$ are way to much seeing as they removed the most expensive part of the pack THE PLATINUM but still keep the packs and regal aya at there original price

2 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I know everyone posting here is going to say they buy prime accessories for the plat, but I'm sure there's are many like me that spend $20 because they want the cosmetic. 

The plat never factored into whether or not I was going to waste $20 on a syandana. 

Essentially nothing changes then. I'm going to decide if it's worth wasting $20 for some digital cosmetics - And I will for a few noggles and that Mesa helm

The only reason its 20$ is because of the plat if there was no plat it should be around 9 to 8 dollars 

I encourage everyone, in particular since the response to our concern was.... lackluster to do the following.

* Close wallet. Give DE /NOTHING/.
* Contact Jim Sterling, YongYea, and other gaming personalities.
* Go to Twitter and make sure DE's response is spread around publicly for others to see.
* Be Polite. We are seeing the people that corporate booted out to the wolves and had the door locked behind them. 

Make this go mainstream. DE Will Not Care if it's something they can sweep under the rug.

17 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

A. We want to avoid doing any changes midway through the event as well, with it becoming a logistical challenge on the backend setup and unfair to the players who were early participants.

B. And this is why player feedback is so vital, we know what your top concerns are and will take it into consideration if we look at a future run of Prime Resurgence. 

A) This is what really gets on my nerves… if you “CARE” so much about it being unfair to the early participants if the prices change midway then what about the players who DO pay for it just for it just to be at a lower price next year???? Or do you just expect them to forget about being scammed 200 plat???

B) if player feedback is so “VITAL” why didn’t you let players SEE the prices to know if they were actually 1 to 1 value as PROMISED before going “welp too late now gg were getting your money or wait another year :)”

this is MONEY DE not Resources or Drop Rates this is the type of scummy monetary transaction EA use fix it.

22 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

A lot of them feel that way because of the 1:1 idea or pricing, idea of value comparisons, around that. I agree with you as far as issues it could create, hence why I think a more realistic alternative for people to take is the actual dollar value and amount of Regal Aya you get, as opposed to just adding in Platinum. Thats what my own independent earlier post suggested. 

I do agree they could adjust the price. But how many do you think would accept a reduction that is lower in value than full priced plat. We've already seen math here about how the bonus plat is effectively worth 1:1 compared to platinum bundles. In reality, the $20 pack could possibly be reduced by $5 or something no doubt, but some people assume the plat has the full worth, so in such a case they wouldnt be happy unless the reduction was around $13 or so. Which is just insane and ridiculous.

22 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Yeah, you're totally right. About half of the bundle value getting removed is just not a big deal. It's basically the same thing in the end, right?

So when are you gonna buy this super cool mod of mine for 200p that you by your own logic think is worth that cost? It is what DE has priced it as, after all.

RYKdXLO.png

Bad example since there are those things called Primed mods that effectively will do what you want. Their price goes from the 50 range to the 200 range by maxing them. And they are constantly available from Baro and constantly also have buyers lined up.

22 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

And that is a lie. Where on the Prime Vault page (https://www.warframe.com/prime-vault) does it call the included plat a """free""" """gift"""? Nowhere.

And they can retroactively call it whatever they want, it does not for a second change that it is a major part of the value of these packs, value which has been removed without adjusting the prices.

Discounts can be up to 100% though under the correct circumstances, which would imply it is free and even a gift.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (XBOX)toughdragon17:

Were talking about (regal aya) hear (aya) is fine 

The duo pack costs 10 regal aya which is 60$ to 80$ dollers 60 if you add the 3 and 7 regal aya together or 80$ for 15  60$ and 80$ are way to much seeing as they removed the most expensive part of the pack THE PLATINUM but still keep the packs and regal aya at there original price

People are claiming DE is turning into EA, this is why I mentioned normal Aya.

Calling the Plat the most expensive part of a dual pack is disingenious imho, as stated again and again, this plat is clearly discounted and shouldnt be taken into account in its full value. But I give up now, I feel like a parrot that repeats the same things over and over again only to be ignored again by the circlejerking mob

3 hours ago, ABlindGuyPlays said:

DE needs to understand that even their blessed content creators such as Brozime, Gaz, iFlynn, etc are UNIVERAALLY going 'DO NOT BUY ROYAL AYA PACKS.'

When your cheerleader squad is pissed at you? There is a problem.

I like this they can't just say (were sorry) and think everything will be okay

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I do agree they could adjust the price. But how many do you think would accept a reduction that is lower in value than full priced plat. We've already seen math here about how the bonus plat is effectively worth 1:1 compared to platinum bundles. In reality, the $20 pack could possibly be reduced by $5 or something no doubt, but some people assume the plat has the full worth, so in such a case they wouldnt be happy unless the reduction was around $13 or so. Which is just insane and ridiculous.

Bad example since there are those things called Primed mods that effectively will do what you want. Their price goes from the 50 range to the 200 range by maxing them. And they are constantly available from Baro and constantly also have buyers lined up.

Discounts can be up to 100% though under the correct circumstances, which would imply it is free and even a gift.

Don't ignore the fact that the player market for Endo is so incomparable to DE's own clear evaluation of the value of Endo that your argument there is moot, as is Danielle's point that it's a valuable resource when ranking up primed or non-primed items via mods. It doesn't address the fact that you also need credits, it doesn't address the disparity in pricing even by their own metrics, and it is a weak excuse to try charge the same amount for barely even half the value.

By your own admission, the mods are regularly available - but you also fail to mention the constant availability of sculptures from other players at a fraction of the cost that DE sells Endo at in either the market or these bundles.

You need to stop this level of defense. The pricing model is unfair, it is a blatant assumption that the players simply won't think or else will spend mindlessly, and it is something that clearly as evidenced by the thread at large is not something the playerbase wants.

Archived