Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Feedback after the First Rotation

AegidiusF

Hi,

Prime Resurgence started a couple of days ago, and I think I can already give some feedback based on my experience.

1) As many other players, I was disappointed when the Prime Resurgence Packs were announced, but the fact that Platinum was included on the packs resolved the problem, in my opinion, and I even bought a pack to support the devs and to thank them for their work. I think that Prime Resurgence Packs, as they are now, are better than Prime Vault Packs. We have more stuff for the same price.

2) I think that the idea of replacing relics by Aya is just great. It reduces considerably the time I used to spend farming Prime Vault relics. Aya drop chance is very nice and we can just trade them for the relic we want. This is really very good. In just two days I could get everything on Mag Prime pack through relics (I already had Nova Prime, so I didn't farm her parts). But I have to confess that even if this system presents many advantages for veterans, farming Aya is not that easy for new players, who don't have the equippement (weapons, mods, arcanes...) needed to do harder missions/bounties and have to deal with low drop chance on easier missions/bounties, and that cannot have enough void traces storage to open so many relics in a so short time.

3) I like the idea of Dax Varzia and the connection with Erra and the Old War, but some of her voice lines have some sexual connotation that wasn't necessary at all. Perhaps, if someone acted the same way as Dax Varzia on this forum, the person would get banned. Warframe is a game for adults, that's why even their videos on Youtube have age restriction, but there are a lot of players that are under the age of 18 (you must be at least 13 years old to make an account and your parents/legal guardian must agree with terms of use), and I don't think that this kind of content is suitable for them.

Conclusion : up to this day, I have a very nice experience with Prime Resurgence and I hope this event will become a recurrent event in Warframe. I was able to get the Prime stuff that was missing on my Arsenal and I spend less time farming relics.

So, I just can say thanks for this event and hope for even better things to come to this game.

il y a 2 minutes, (PSN)Reaper330011 a dit :

A COUPLE DAYS AGO? Did you get stuck in time for a while? It’s been around 10 days….

😅🤣

10 days over more than 60 days is just a couple of days to me.

I was like Gandalf : ""Darkness took me. And I strayed out of thought and time".😆

vor 46 Minuten schrieb SpicyDinosaur:

dogwhistle ahoy!

Seriously though, the game has a lot of gore in it, I don't get why 13 year olds can play it all. Mutilations, decapitations and war crimes (Toxic and Napalm) are kind of a thing in Warframe. So yeah, call it European arrogance, but if your problem with the game are a few sexual suggestions, you need to get your priorities straight.

Sex is better than Violence. There, I said it. Sue me.

Il y a 8 heures, (PSN)c1234567890alvi a dit :

Seriously though, the game has a lot of gore in it, I don't get why 13 year olds can play it all. Mutilations, decapitations and war crimes (Toxic and Napalm) are kind of a thing in Warframe. So yeah, call it European arrogance, but if your problem with the game are a few sexual suggestions, you need to get your priorities straight.

I would say that violence is worse than sex suggestions to underaged people, sounds much better, but we can easily see that there is no opposition between sex and violence and sex can be a kind of violence, as many victims all around the world would be able to tell you. Sex is not the problem, but sexual connotation voice texts without any warning. Violence is intrinsic to Warframe (even its name shows it), but not sexual connotations (there is no sexual content fortunately). If violence alone is a problem, violence with sexual connotations is an even bigger problem.

I totally agree that all the violence that we have in Warframe should not be availeble for people under the age of 18 (just as the official Warframe videos on Youtube), but the problem is thet ther parents or legal guardian are aware of it, but they are not aware of Varzia's toxic behavior and it is a problem to show to underaged players a charachter that is really cool and that has sexual connotation voice texts : it's a question of the exemple that is given to them. Varzia's behavior is shown as something good and worthy of imitation.

Thankfully it doesn't spoil the great quality of Prime Resurgence.

7 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

I would say that violence is worse than sex suggestions to underaged people, sounds much better, but we can easily see that there is no opposition between sex and violence and sex can be a kind of violence, as many victims all around the world would be able to tell you. Sex is not the problem, but sexual connotation voice texts without any warning. Violence is intrinsic to Warframe (even its name shows it), but not sexual connotations (there is no sexual content fortunately). If violence alone is a problem, violence with sexual connotations is an even bigger problem.

I totally agree that all the violence that we have in Warframe should not be availeble for people under the age of 18 (just as the official Warframe videos on Youtube), but the problem is thet ther parents or legal guardian are aware of it, but they are not aware of Varzia's toxic behavior and it is a problem to show to underaged players a charachter that is really cool and that has sexual connotation voice texts : it's a question of the exemple that is given to them. Varzia's behavior is shown as something good and worthy of imitation.

Thankfully it doesn't spoil the great quality of Prime Resurgence.

The problem isn't that the parents or legal guardians "aren't aware of Varzia's Dialogue" The problem is that the parents are letting their kids play a  mature game in the first place. If they are going to look at the rating and go "meh I'm going to ignore the age rating here you go kiddo" the onus is on them. There's nothing toxic about Varzia's topics of conversation and there's nothing wrong with how her "behaviour" is portrayed.

Il y a 1 heure, Drasiel a dit :

The problem isn't that the parents or legal guardians "aren't aware of Varzia's Dialogue" The problem is that the parents are letting their kids play a  mature game in the first place. If they are going to look at the rating and go "meh I'm going to ignore the age rating here you go kiddo" the onus is on them. There's nothing toxic about Varzia's topics of conversation and there's nothing wrong with how her "behaviour" is portrayed.

I totally agree with you about the fact that the problem is that parents are letting their children play a mature game, but I disagree with your opinion about Varzia behavior. The way she speaks about Maroo is not very respectful, and about Teshin too. Many players have noticed that and talk about it on forums and videos. Again, it 's sexual connotation, not sexual content, but I don't think it fits this game. Varzia is a very cool NPC, but I really think that some of her voice texts are not a good exemple of how a good person should behave. And again, if someone on this or other forum behaved like her, using expressions with sexual connotations about other members, I have no doubt that moderators would do something. Her behavior is not suitable.

11 hours ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

I totally agree with you about the fact that the problem is that parents are letting their children play a mature game, but I disagree with your opinion about Varzia behavior. The way she speaks about Maroo is not very respectful, and about Teshin too. Many players have noticed that and talk about it on forums and videos. Again, it 's sexual connotation, not sexual content, but I don't think it fits this game. Varzia is a very cool NPC, but I really think that some of her voice texts are not a good exemple of how a good person should behave. And again, if someone on this or other forum behaved like her, using expressions with sexual connotations about other members, I have no doubt that moderators would do something. Her behavior is not suitable.

You have this weird idea that something that isn't acceptable between two real people in a private location with it's own specific rules for conduct means the game's story can't break those rules either. Murder isn't okay between real people, Stealing isn't okay between Real people, Committing war crimes isn't okay between real nations, yet all those are represented in game. Varzia doesn't have to be a good person, most of the characters we meet aren't good people, Darvo is an arms dealer, Maroo is a thief, Simaris is a probably a psychopath. Varzia is a slave soldier who happens to be horny and enjoy gossiping about it. It's a mature game and sex is a hell of a lot more wholesome than the brutal vivisection we perform in game on a minute by minute basis. There's nothing wrong with Varzia.

Le 26/11/2021 à 20:41, Drasiel a dit :

You have this weird idea that something that isn't acceptable between two real people in a private location with it's own specific rules for conduct means the game's story can't break those rules either

If I had this idea I wouldn't be playing Warframe at all.

Murder isn't okay between real people, Stealing isn't okay between Real people, Committing war crimes isn't okay between real nations, yet all those are represented in game

These things are not represented as good things. We, the Tenno, we fight for a good reason, to protect innocent people. We don't kill just to kill, we defend our lives and other people lives. This is not a bad thing.

Darvo is an arms dealer

And a Corpus, son of a corpus director. And Corpus are not described as good people, but as greedy and worshippers of money.

Varzia doesn't have to be a good person

The problem is that she is shown as a good person, no criticism is used about her, as the game uses for weapons, Darvo and even Maroo.

Simaris is a probably a psychopath

Simaris is not given as an exemple. The Octavia quest shows that very clear.

It's a mature game and sex is a hell of a lot more wholesome than the brutal vivisection we perform in game on a minute by minute basis. There's nothing wrong with Varzia.

Warframe has violent content, everybody is aware of that even before playing it. If someone can't endure this level of violence, just don't play Warframe.

One of the great problems these days are sexual harassement, and introducing a NPC that has some NSFW voice text with sexual connotations about Teshin's sword (just one exemple) is not suitable. The violence we see in the game does not happen in real life, but sexual harassment happens very often. In my opinion, there are many things wrong with Varzia, even though it doesn't impacts the game quality. I don't think that it was made in purpose, I think it was a way to make some jokes, but I really don't think it is really suitable.

You are opposing sex to violence, but that's not the point at all. Violence in the game is not different from the violence the Allies used against Nazis to protect innocent people and liberate Europe from their domination. Vilence in neutral, nor good, nor bad : everything depends on the way it is used. The same for sex : it's neutral, nor good, nor bad. The problem is not sex, but the way Varzia talks about Maroo and Teshin in some of her voice texts.

Le 27/11/2021 à 21:58, (NSW)AegisFifi a dit :

If I had this idea I wouldn't be playing Warframe at all.

These things are not represented as good things. We, the Tenno, we fight for a good reason, to protect innocent people. We don't kill just to kill, we defend our lives and other people lives. This is not a bad thing.

And a Corpus, son of a corpus director. And Corpus are not described as good people, but as greedy and worshippers of money.

The problem is that she is shown as a good person, no criticism is used about her, as the game uses for weapons, Darvo and even Maroo.

Simaris is not given as an exemple. The Octavia quest shows that very clear.

Warframe has violent content, everybody is aware of that even before playing it. If someone can't endure this level of violence, just don't play Warframe.

One of the great problems these days are sexual harassement, and introducing a NPC that has some NSFW voice text with sexual connotations about Teshin's sword (just one exemple) is not suitable. The violence we see in the game does not happen in real life, but sexual harassment happens very often. In my opinion, there is many things wrong with Varzia, even though it doesn't impacts the game quality. I don't think that it was made in purpose, I think it was a way to make some jokes, but I really don't think it is really suitable.

You are opposing sex to violence, but that's not the point at all. Violence in the game is not different from the violence the Allies used against Nazis to protect innocent people and liberate Europe from their domination. Vilence in neutral, nor good, nor bad : everything depends on the way it is used. The same for sex : it's neutral, nor good, nor bad. The problem is not sex, but the way Varzia talks about Maroo and Teshin in some of her voice texts.

I totally agree with you.

Varzia's voice texts are unneccessary and don't fit this game.

On 2021-11-25 at 2:14 PM, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

why are you quoting me here? None of what you must have thought I was referring to is a dogwhistle.

4 hours ago, (NSW)freedycurie said:

I totally agree with you.

Varzia's voice texts are unneccessary and don't fit this game.

because lesbianism and bisexuality should be kept hidden! Young teenagers play this game! What if the get converted to the gay agenda!

(Mods! I'm being facetious,)

On 2021-11-25 at 12:43 PM, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Aya drop chance is very nice and we can just trade them for the relic we want. This is really very good. In just two days I could get everything on Mag Prime pack through relics (I already had Nova Prime, so I didn't farm her parts). But I have to confess that even if this system presents many advantages for veterans, farming Aya is not that easy for new players, who don't have the equippement (weapons, mods, arcanes...)

Really? As a veteran player i think it is not ok. Most of the end game player farms relics for plat or some stacking.So they can buy deluxe packs later on or for something else. Aya drop chance is TERRIBLE imo.Also you dont need gear to farm aya. People leeches all day long bounties anyway. it was the worst event for me tbh. i really enjoyed in any other events but this one.

That being said. You are so wrong my friend.

Il y a 2 heures, SpicyDinosaur a dit :

because lesbianism and bisexuality should be kept hidden! Young teenagers play this game! What if the get converted to the gay agenda!

(Mods! I'm being facetious,)

You comment is off topic. We are not talking about that. No matter what is your sexual orientation, sexual connotation voice texts, as the ones Varzia has, are not suitable : a straight man talking about a woman the same way as Varzia talks about "Teshin's sword" would be unnecessary and not suitable the same way.

By the way, I'm gay, so there is no "hide your sexuality" on what I've said before.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

No matter what is your sexual orientation, sexual connotation voice texts as the ones Varzia has are not suitable : a straight man talking about a woman the same way as Varzia talks about "Teshin's sword" would be unnecessary and not suitable the same way.

Suitable for what, tho? 

the game is not trying to teach anything, it's just a game about warriors killing villains. 

imho Varzia is a breath of fresh air where war, destrucion, betrayals and genocide are the norm, a character that keeps things light and funny is needed to not make the whole game depressing and too serious.

plus...people like Varzia are a thing irl too, people that like to break the tension of something extremely important with a light hearted joke. 

it's not like DE is trying to teach kids to have sexual relationships with people... 

Il y a 1 heure, GioTheLast a dit :

Aya drop chance is TERRIBLE imo

I don't think that Aya drop chances are bad, but it's true that RNG can sometimes be a real pain for some players I've got more than 150 Aya and I could get at least1 set of Prime Packs to give to some new players on my clan. 30%, 38%, 40%, 50%... on Bounties, I really don't think these drop chances are bad.

Most of the end game player farms relics for plat or some stacking.So they can buy deluxe packs later on or for something else.

I agree, I do this too, and it works nice. Aya make this farm much easier. The best thing is that the Market prices are now much lower than before and I think it's a good thing.

That being said. You are so wrong my friend.

About what ?

Also you dont need gear to farm aya

And yes, you need some good equippement to do high level bounties : new players aren't able to do this kind of bounty alone due to the enemy level.

il y a 10 minutes, (PSN)max141064 a dit :

Suitable for what, tho? 

the game is not trying to teach anything, it's just a game about warriors killing villains. 

imho Varzia is a breath of fresh air where war, destrucion, betrayals and genocide are the norm, a character that keeps things light and funny is needed to not make the whole game depressing and too serious.

plus...people like Varzia are a thing irl too, people that like to break the tension of something extremely important with a light hearted joke. 

it's not like DE is trying to teach kids to have sexual relationships with people... 

You really didn't get the point.

Of course Varzia is a joke, but I think it's a bad joke. And bad jokes are a bad exemple.

Some people on a very well known game developpement studio (just watch the news) also thought that some sexual connotation jokes would be nice to break the tension on their office... but their victims didn't think the same way. Sexual harassement is not a joke, don't matter the context. Victims must be protected and respected. Jokes are a good think, but bad jokes aren't (and there are so many in this world).

If you're playing a game, you are already breaking the tension, if not, you must change the game you're playing. To break the tension you got by playing a gmae  is a nonsense.

6 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Some people on a very well known game developpement studio (just watch the news) also thought that some sexual connotation jokes would be nice to break the tension on their office... but their victims didn't think the same way. Sexual harassement is not a joke, don't matter the context. Victims must be protected and respected. Jokes are a good think, but bad jokes aren't (and there are so many in this world).

I think this is a extreme example to make just because a character is thirsty about other NPCs. 

i agree with you that it is a problem, but i agree in that specific example, not Varzia making comments about Teshin and Maroo. 

Maroo talks about how Varzia is now her friend and gives her company, if it was an abusive and a criminal relationship it would've been a problem. 

because there are kinds of friendship where friends talk openly about being thirsty and talk about how good someone looks, calling it abusive or even implying that this is sexual harassement is insulting to people that have this kind of relationships and especially to DE. 

You may have not meant to make this example pass as is but this seems a lot like pointing out fingers at DE and saying that they're doing the exact same thing as Blizzard did. 

12 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

If you're playing a game, you are already breaking the tension, if not, you must change the game you're playing. To break the tension you got by playing a gmae  is a nonsense.

The tension-breaking is not for us players, is for the universe and the lore of the game. 

if everything was about war and only war it would be extremely depressing for everyone in game. 

to this point i would say that Ordis should be a problem too..

Why having a character that makes jokes about factions? 

is DE supporting racism when Ordis makes jokes about the Grineer's intelligence? no. 

absolutely not.

il y a 6 minutes, (PSN)max141064 a dit :

Maroo talks about how Varzia is now her friend and gives her company, if it was an abusive and a criminal relationship it would've been a problem. 

A people under abuse is not aware of it very often, as in many cases of narcisistic perversion abuse.

il y a 8 minutes, (PSN)max141064 a dit :

because there are kinds of friendship where friends talk openly about being thirsty and talk about how good someone looks, calling it abusive or even implying that this is sexual harassement is insulting to people that have this kind of relationships and especially to DE. 

There is nothing insulting on what I've said before, and I think very weird that you found my words insulting and not Varzia's ones.

First, I never insulted DE. Just take a look at my content in this forum to see how I'm always respectful towards everybody and towards the devs, even taking their defense when players have a toxic attitude. You can just take a look at the first message above to se that there is nothing insulting or offensive in my words.

Second, DE want to have contructive feedback, and I gave mine. You and others can have another opinon about it, and it's a good thing, but there is nothing that was said above that was able to change my mind. I've studied phylosophy, psychology, and my opinion is based on my studies and life experience, as I was victim of a narcisistic personality for eleven years. I'm just giving my point of view on this subject.

Third, there are some conversations that must be done in private. I have some conversations with my husband, but I don't talk about the same things and at the same way with someone I don't even know.

Fourth, I never said that DE is doing the same thing as the other company. First of all, because it is not true, I just said that sexual harassement is a big problem these days and I gave that exemple. Varzia's voice text contains sexual connotations and I think it's unnecessary and not suitable to talk that way about other people in public. Trivialize this attitude is not good at all, in my opion. Just think about the fact that two friends, from different ethnic origins, can make some mutual jokes about their ethnic group without being racist, but this is not a reason to trivialize this kind of joke.

Anyway, I appreciate the fact that we can have a civilized conversation about this subject. Thank you.

32 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

A people under abuse is not aware of it very often, as in many cases of narcisistic perversion abuse.

This is a videogame, tho. Not reality. 

Maroo or Teshin are not being abused or sexually harassed by Varzia. DE would NEVER put something like that in their videogame.

34 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

There is nothing insulting on what I've said before, and I think very weird that you found my words insulting and not Varzia's ones.

Maybe you don't realize it  it you insinuated that DE is doing the same exact thing Blizzard did. 

In game or out of game, this is still something incredibly insulting to say to them. Hell, it's literally defamation and slander.

That is and extremely touching subject that costed the life of several people, most of all a woman that committed su*cide.

38 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Second, DE want to have contructive feedback, and I gave mine. You and others can have another opinon about it, and it's a good thing, but there is nothing that was said above that was able to change my mind. I've studied phylosophy, psychology, and my opinion is based on my studies and life experience, as I was victim of a narcisistic personality for eleven years. I'm just giving my point of view on this subject.

You probably need to rephrase that example, then. Because that is literally slander. 

Is not for you to state is Varzia is abusing Maroo and Teshin.

42 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Fourth, I never said that DE is doing the same thing as the other company. First of all, because it is not true, I just said that sexual harassement is a big problem these days and I gave that exemple. Varzia's voice text contains sexual connotations and I think it's unnecessary and not suitable to talk that way about other people in public. Trivialize this attitude is not good at all, in my opion. Just think about the fact that two friends, from different ethnic origins, can make some mutual jokes about their ethnic group without being racist, but this is not a reason to trivialize this kind of joke.

But this is exactly what you said.

Just because Varzia makes jokes about her being thirsty for Maroo and Teshin doesn't make her a literal criminal.

Sexual harassment is a big problem, we can all agree.

But Varzia is not doing ANY of that. And i'm sorry but that's just a fact.

44 minutes ago, (NSW)AegisFifi said:

Anyway, I appreciate the fact that we can have a civilized conversation about this subject. Thank you.

Of course. Going at each other's throat is useless when you can have a civil conversation.

Il y a 1 heure, (PSN)max141064 a dit :

This is a videogame, tho. Not reality. 

Yes, but it can have impact in real life.

Il y a 1 heure, (PSN)max141064 a dit :

Maroo or Teshin are not being abused or sexually harassed by Varzia. DE would NEVER put something like that in their videogame.

I NEVER said that. I said that Varzia has not suitable voice text with sexual connotations. Please, do not put words in my mouth. It's insulting and not respectful. Stop distorting the meaning of my words.

Il y a 2 heures, (PSN)max141064 a dit :

Maybe you don't realize it  it you insinuated that DE is doing the same exact thing Blizzard did. 

In game or out of game, this is still something incredibly insulting to say to them. Hell, it's literally defamation and slander.

That is and extremely touching subject that costed the life of several people, most of all a woman that committed su*cide.

I didn't insinuated nothing. You are exagerating and you are accusing me of something I NEVER did : this is slander.

Check what I said : I gave an exemple to show how sexual harassement is a problem these days, I NEVER said that DE did the same thing as others that are now sued in justice. Stop saying that, please.

But you are right when you say that this is an extremely touching subject and I can add that it almost costed my life, so I know perfectly how it is touching.

You probably need to rephrase that example, then. Because that is literally slander. 

Is not for you to state is Varzia is abusing Maroo and Teshin.

You really didn't read what I wrote. There is no relation between what you said and my words. Just no sense. About what exemple are you talking about ? There was no exeple in the words you quoted.

And I'm not stating that Varzia is abusing anyone. Again, stop putting words in my mouth.

But this is exactly what you said.

Just because Varzia makes jokes about her being thirsty for Maroo and Teshin doesn't make her a literal criminal.

Sexual harassment is a big problem, we can all agree.

But Varzia is not doing ANY of that. And i'm sorry but that's just a fact.

Again, NO I DID NOT say that. Stop. You exagerating a lot, those were not my words.

The only fact here is that Varzia has some voice texts with sexual connotation. You can like it or not. Just take a look on some forum topics or youtube videos, everybody noticed this. I think it is not suitable and not a good exemple. I never said Varzia was a criminal. I just think that trivialize this attitude is not something good. Just that, to give a respectful and constructive feedback. Stop misrepresenting what I said, please.

Archived