Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Explaining our ‘Creator Mode On’ Statement

[DE]Zach

During Devstream 158, we made a statement directed at Broadcasters specifically to keep ‘Creator Mode’ on during the upcoming New War quest - we acknowledge that this was a bit confusing in its implications.

For those unaware, the ‘Creator Mode’ option obfuscates information about your account, including email addresses in the login screen on PC. We respect the privacy of our Streamers, and wanted to ensure that no one accidentally leaked their information amidst the excitement of the Quest!

In order to simplify our intentions to protect Streamers, we are changing the login screen to partially obfuscate emails for all players on PC. This is a permanent change and login details will continue to stay partially hidden after The New War. Creator Mode will no longer be necessary for privacy reasons, but will continue to obfuscate other in-game spoiler information!

Hope this clarity helps!

TL;DR:

Creator Mode obfuscates email, which is important for player privacy when streaming.
But, we are going further and just making emails partially obfuscated anyway independent of Creator Mode to avoid any issues. 

42 minutes ago, [DE]Zach said:

During Devstream 158, we made a statement directed at Broadcasters specifically to keep ‘Creator Mode’ on during the upcoming New War quest - we acknowledge that this was a bit confusing in its implications.

For those unaware, the ‘Creator Mode’ option obfuscates information about your account, including email addresses in the login screen on PC. We respect the privacy of our Streamers, and wanted to ensure that no one accidentally leaked their information amidst the excitement of the Quest!

I am also a little bit conflicted about what else the creator mode changes as of currently and have toggled it on and off for regular play just to see what it even changes. Is there a chance you can expand on, maybe in a sperate thread or behind a spoiler tag (of current questlines) of everything that creator mode changes once the next update hits? So that both regular players and lesser known streamers can determine if it is worth keeping on vs off moving forward for general warframe content.

4 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

I am also a little bit conflicted about what else the creator mode changes as of currently and have toggled it on and off for regular play just to see what it even changes. Is there a chance you can expand on, maybe in a sperate thread or behind a spoiler tag (of current questlines) of everything that creator mode changes once the next update hits? So that both regular players and lesser known streamers can determine if it is worth keeping on vs off moving forward for general warframe content.

Creator Mode Hides some common spoilers, occludes your email in login screen, and removes some common transmissions.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Settings#Gameplay_

26 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

Any chance we can get a save password option as well while you are making changes?

This would be a welcome addition. Every console version features auto-login, so it'd be nice for PC to get this treatment too.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)TJM99 said:

My only other confusion is if there will be any Arsenal access whatsoever as "limited" is not so quite the same as "prevented/prohibited" 

Creator Mode won't effect what weapons or frame you can use. Pretty much anything that can be linked in chat is fair game. I don't know about other streamers, but one I do know deals with it like this:

Guest: "Hey cool gunz! How do I get one?"

ImaMFnPrincess: "Yeah, I love it! The way to get it is ─"

TeethingKorea: "oy, Prin! Spoilers."

ImaMFnPrincess: "Oh right. Well... you get it from a quest... that you can get after you pass Jupiter..." etc.

10 hours ago, [DE]Zach said:

but will continue to obfuscate other in-game spoiler information!

How will this effect the New War?, will it block important parts of the Quest, or only still block things like "Operator Mode" cuz some people don't want to see/hear or even acknowledge its existence   

5 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

How will this effect the New War?, will it block important parts of the Quest, or only still block things like "Operator Mode" cuz some people don't want to see/hear or even acknowledge its existence   

Having 'Creator Mode' on will not negatively affect your quest experience! :)

On 2021-12-01 at 11:32 AM, xRufus7x said:

Any chance we can get a save password option as well while you are making changes?

This is something I would love to have, seeing as this is the only game I play that doesn't have some kind of feature like this. Could be baked into the launcher like other games like guild wars 2 and the like

Archived