Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon Area Control Failures

(XBOX)Dylan OConor

Question

Trying to grind myself some Aya, and every time this particular objective comes up, there's at least a 50/50 chance it's going to derail my run, because I flat out can't find the enemies that are draining the control meter.

So... is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm playing solo, but I'm using Wukong, an Atlas spectre with an AOE weapon, and I'll throw out my Railjack on-call crew for the Area Control bounty as well, and still... 50/50 chance. I'll shoot down the dropships as soon as I see them with my Necramech, or rush to the area underneath in my archwing if I don't get them in time, and still... 50/50 chance. Doesn't even seem to matter what difficulty I'm on - 50/50, every time.

Which is just weird, to me: it's so out of step with the difficulty of the rest of the bounties around it. Some of the 'bonuses' are difficult to complete (or at least, kind of nitpicky and specific), but this, it just seems like no matter what I do, it's even odds I'm going to fail, and how I play has no bearing on my success or failure.

So I figure either I'm doing something horribly wrong, or the bounty is just horribly designed, and I'm perfectly willing to accept that it's the former rather than the latter - I mean, if it is the design, the only thing in the game I can think of that's more wildly unmatched to the difficulty of the missions/bounties around it are the Railjack Orphix missions (yes, my progress through the Proximas is being held hostage by one of these, and yes, I'm still salty about it).

9 answers to this question

This is 0% your fault. When DE added the rest of the caves to the Plains, they forgot to change this mission type. This mission places a giant cylinder in the world (shown by the circle on the map) and if there are any enemies in that cylinder, control ticks down, even if those enemies are in a cave below you. To make things worse, in most instances the entrance(s) to the cave are outside of the area you need to stay in in order to do the mission, so you cannot even go kill those enemies.

So, if you get this mission, and the location for it is over a cave, you will lose. If it is not over a cave, you will most likely win.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dylan OConor said:

Trying to grind myself some Aya, and every time this particular objective comes up, there's at least a 50/50 chance it's going to derail my run, because I flat out can't find the enemies that are draining the control meter.

That's Because those enemies don't Exist.... Unlike the Area Control on Deimos... The one in The Plains Drains By Default whether the enemies are there or not... 

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dylan OConor said:

So... is there something I'm doing wrong?

Nope...

Or rather the problem might be that you are killing way too Quickly....

Remember... It takes a while for the Spawns to get Going and you can't Go Over 100% Control... You need to let the Area Control Lower just alil bit before you start  laying waste to everything... This will buy you time for the Rest of The Drop Ships to arrive...

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dylan OConor said:

Which is just weird, to me: it's so out of step with the difficulty of the rest of the bounties around it. Some of the 'bonuses' are difficult to complete (or at least, kind of nitpicky and specific), but this, it just seems like no matter what I do, it's even odds I'm going to fail, and how I play has no bearing on my success or failure.

DE is not known for Acknowledging Effort.... It's all about that  Random Number Generator....

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dylan OConor said:

I mean, if it is the design, the only thing in the game I can think of that's more wildly unmatched to the difficulty of the missions/bounties around it are the Railjack Orphix missions (yes, my progress through the Proximas is being held hostage by one of these, and yes, I'm still salty about it).

It was the same deal for me.... Couldn't complete Railjack because Erato was in the way....

Since when is it so impossible to clear just the first Rotation of an Endless Mission ? Seriously.... No other Rotation A Run for any endless mission Type Requires this much Optimisation... Even Defection Isn't this Busted....

3 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

This is 0% your fault. When DE added the rest of the caves to the Plains, they forgot to change this mission type. This mission places a giant cylinder in the world (shown by the circle on the map) and if there are any enemies in that cylinder, control ticks down, even if those enemies are in a cave below you. To make things worse, in most instances the entrance(s) to the cave are outside of the area you need to stay in in order to do the mission, so you cannot even go kill those enemies.

So, if you get this mission, and the location for it is over a cave, you will lose. If it is not over a cave, you will most likely win.

Okay, thanks so much. That... I mean, I'm glad to know it's not my fault, and I'm glad to know exactly what's 'happening', but, man, that kinda seems like something they should fix, huh? Like, 'there's a design flaw that more or less breaks a core portion of your gameplay experience' seems like maybe it deserves attention. (Or, at the very least, for them to stop tying that particular portion into newly-designed rewards and mechanics.)

Anyway: I appreciate the helpful reply, thank you so much!

vor 6 Minuten schrieb -AoN-CanoLathra-:

while helping someone get some aya i even saw how if the ships spawns outside the area and fly in to drop troops they count from when they spawn until they die
so while the one i was helping killed everything inside the area i flow around and killed every ship that was about to fly in

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

Or rather the problem might be that you are killing way too Quickly....

Remember... It takes a while for the Spawns to get Going and you can't Go Over 100% Control... You need to let the Area Control Lower just alil bit before you start  laying waste to everything... This will buy you time for the Rest of The Drop Ships to arrive...

Okay, so that, at least, means that the loadout I described, one that's helpful for nearly every other possible plains bounty - outside of maybe the 'capture' bonus requirement - is a detriment here. That's... great.  

3 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

It was the same deal for me.... Couldn't complete Railjack because Erato was in the way....

Since when is it so impossible to clear just the first Rotation of an Endless Mission ? Seriously.... No other Rotation A Run for any endless mission Type Requires this much Optimisation... Even Defection Isn't this Busted....

Yeah, I understand that there might be a call for 'more difficult' content in the game... but it's so much more difficult than everything else of a comparable difficulty. Like, it feels like I've stumbled out of the 'normal' Proxima and into an early version of the 'Steel Path' Proxima every time I boot up an Orphix mission. I don't love playing public sessions, but I've tried, at least a dozen times, and it's just a massive failure, every time. And even if suck, and I'm holding the rest of the team back... one bad player shouldn't doom the entire enterprise.

Anyway: thanks for the response!

3 minutes ago, Keiyadan said:

while helping someone get some aya i even saw how if the ships spawns outside the area and fly in to drop troops they count from when they spawn until they die
so while the one i was helping killed everything inside the area i flow around and killed every ship that was about to fly in

Good to know, thanks; the strategy doesn't help me playing solo much, but good to have in the thread in case someone else playing in a team stumbles across it!

41 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Its not limited to just the Caves sadly, there are cases where the mobs spawn or get dropped outside of your line of sight or in places they cant get out of.

An example of this has been for me when keeping control of that small camp on the Northwestern corner of the Gara Toht Lake (Big lake in the middle), where i had to stay at the camp, both dropship and capsules were dropping mobs on the water and they were then being redirected on top of the Eidolon bone islands in the lake in spots i had no line of sight to shoot them.

40 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dylan OConor said:

Okay, so that, at least, means that the loadout I described, one that's helpful for nearly every other possible plains bounty - outside of maybe the 'capture' bonus requirement - is a detriment here. That's... great

Pretty much... It's the same deal for Capturing the Commander.... I have to tell my Specter to Hold Position while I go capture the target then I fly back and Tell my Specter to follow me again....

42 minutes ago, (XBOX)Dylan OConor said:

Yeah, I understand that there might be a call for 'more difficult' content in the game... but it's so much more difficult than everything else of a comparable difficulty. Like, it feels like I've stumbled out of the 'normal' Proxima and into an early version of the 'Steel Path' Proxima every time I boot up an Orphix mission. I don't love playing public sessions, but I've tried, at least a dozen times, and it's just a massive failure, every time. And even if suck, and I'm holding the rest of the team back... one bad player shouldn't doom the entire enterprise.

The one thing I did after having already failed this mission a bunch of times was the next group I was Teamed With... I would immediately go after the next Orphix while they dealt with the current one... It doesn't take 4 Voidrig's to kill an Orphix so as Soon as the Resonators were down I moved on and started progress on the next Orphix.... by the time my Team Mates Catch up I'm already half way through the 2nd round of resonators so all they have to do is pop the ones that I intensionally left in their Direction will I ly in Wait with Arquebex already Loaded to kill the Orphix...

All this just to complete Rotation A.... 😐

It's busted... I honestly don't have any other way of Describing it... It's simply Busted in terms of Balance...

you should try the Fortuna blues then.. One bounty can only be done once per session if at all. We get sent eventually to a Corpus base and once the outside portion is completed we go inside.

If lucky it's just finding these generators in a time limit, easy stuff if unlucky it's Spy basically; infiltrate the base, get the data and bounty complete. Exceeept 9/10 the data is non-interactive, alarms trigger even when all of your team are either outside or you took Stealth Frames each ordinarily invisible. Once the alarm goes you cannot interact with the data when it bugs out so the timer will run out and auto-fail your bounty.

Archived