The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HEADSHOT KILL/MELEE KILL

Scar.brother.help.me

In my opinion weapon arcanes and Galvanized mods that activate and stack on headshot kills are the weakest ones and could be changed to just HEADSHOT. 

Same with weapon arcanes that activate and stack on melee kills - those could also activate and stack on melee HIT.
It could have same stack numbers and duration as Merciless though (4s, x12, 30% per stack)

This would still be inferior to Merciless arcanes BUT this could be used for bosses where you don't have the ability to make kills reliably to stack it up.

3 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I would like if Berserker went back to the way it was before it was renamed to Berserker Fury. I use it a lot less now, even on Status Weapons that benefit from the "on kill" change.

I liked it too because it was multiplicative and pretty much "always on" mandatory mod. But I doubt they will ever revert it. 

Agreed. The fact that requirement for a stack is "headshot kill" makes them somewhat less viable on weapons with unreliable accuracy: shotguns, violent inaccurate machine guns like Grakata, and some others. The headshot kill requirement makes them effectively exclusive for sniper rifles.

Although... Perhaps the reason is that DE doesn't want them to work on explosives like Tonkor - which are incapable of headshoting.

33 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

Although... Perhaps the reason is that DE doesn't want them to work on explosives like Tonkor - which are incapable of headshoting

you have a point here, just tested - Arcane DEADHEAD works if you kill a target with a headshot ogris rocket (but it has to be very tiny HP left so that it is killed by the rocket, not the explotion)
"on headshot" effects are really easy to trigger though..

In that case they could disable Arcane DEADHEAD and crit mod to boost AOE damage as Galvanazed status mods already don't

12 minutes ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

This would still be inferior to Merciless arcanes BUT this could be used for bosses where you don't have the ability to make kills reliably to stack it up.

And that's half the reason why I don't use Galvanized Mods...😁

6 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

I would like if Berserker went back to the way it was before it was renamed to Berserker Fury. I use it a lot less now, even on Status Weapons that benefit from the "on kill" change.

I went ahead and just got Quickening.... It's 10% Better than Fury and 100% more reliable than Berserker Fury...

I suggest making the damage increase that you gain per shot be tied to the fire rate for consistency so that auto rifles dont get max damage instantly

Either a simple fire rate threshold like Hemhorage has or (and this might make the game lag) a formula similar to acolytes/nemesis damage reduction.

So just 360 (the max damage) times some number of choice to effect how long it takes to charge divided by (fire rate, reload speed, and multishot factored together somehow) = the bonus you get per shot. Would probably cause lag... 

And it wont be a bigger buff for AoE weapons because it has the same bonus damage as Merciless at the end and AoE weapons can already keep Merciless up. Explosions dont headshot last time I checked, just their projectiles. And if you wanted to favor precision weapons more, you slightly increase the headshot multiplier. 

14 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

In my opinion weapon arcanes and Galvanized mods that activate and stack on headshot kills are the weakest ones and could be changed to just HEADSHOT. 

I wouldn't care if they could manage to get ancillary damage from headshots to count toward headshot kill conditions.  But, assuming that's not going to happen, yeah, nice change

1 hour ago, (PSN)Chomsky_Honk_ said:

I suggest making the damage increase that you gain per shot be tied to the fire rate for consistency so that auto rifles dont get max damage instantly

Ahh, good point.   It'd be particularly amusing with beam weapons, since they don't have issues with recoil and usually have perfect accuracy.

For something like Deadhead,  I might suggest a cooldown on new stacks, like 2 seconds maybe.  Crude, but easy to understand.  Maybe shorter cds could work on shorter duration buffs too.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Chomsky_Honk_ said:

Oh yeah.... I totally forgot Semi-Auto, Shot by Shot weapons have this issue.... 

So just 360 (the max damage) times some number of choice to effect how long it takes to charge divided by (fire rate, reload speed, and multishot factored together somehow) = the bonus you get per shot. Would probably cause lag... 

Not to mention this is confusing.... How would I even know if I'm building my Weapons right ? 😱

Explosions dont headshot last time I checked, just their projectiles.

This is extremely unfortunate for Talon/Castanas Users becauss their Initial Projectiles deal 0 Damage and They have the added Down Side of Multishot making them worse.... I think they need to be able to trigger Headshot Damage... Or at the very least fix the Multishot Bug.

Speaking of Which... Last night I had a Dream where I had infinite Kuva and I rolled "40% Increased Explosion Radius" on my Penta Riven... 🤣😅.... Yeah... I believe its time to Dial Back in the Kuva Grind 🤣😅....

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

For something like Deadhead,  I might suggest a cooldown on new stacks, like 2 seconds maybe.  Crude, but easy to understand.  Maybe shorter cds could work on shorter duration buffs too.

I like Easy To Understand... Il take it 😁 !!!

I don't see problems with the "on kill" trigger. the problem is that there is no way to trigger this as the guaranteed kill is not accessible on any map. my recommendation would be that this "on kill" trigger could be triggered by other modifiers such as: parazon mercy; kubrow finisher; warframe skill; galekick mod(this idea looks cool i thought now 🤪). I mean new external modifiers to activate "on kill" effectively.

looking as a beginning player I can say deadhead arcane are the best as it effectively adds 30% headshot multiplier passively and doesn't need to be triggered by kills. after killing with a headshot you have an instantaneous increase of 120% damage for 12 seconds, this graphical curve is most effective for beginning players. and... it has a secret advantage that will become popular soon, deadhead arcane can remove 100% recoil, this makes gameplay very enjoyable for any weapon.

another criticism with the "on kill" is that the weapons that can kill enemies are weapons of degenerative damage (slash+viral+heat+toxin) but enemies killed by degenerative damage do not trigger the "on kill". weapons that do not have degenerative damage have difficulties in triggering the "on kill" because they cannot kill effectively. I think this should work as the kubrow mark.

the joke here is: how to weapons(weapons nope melees) trigger the "on kill"?

3 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

do you mean it is bugged and removes 100% recoil or you mean 60% arcane + 60% exilus mod?

Exactly 60+60, I believed it was a bug but the percentage is accurate to exceed 100% recoil reduction, technically encouraging headshots.

these percentages were added in very close updates, the shotgun mod added in teshin and the deadhead arcane in sponge path but you can report them to be sure.

Ps: the recoil is not the spread, I'm still waiting for mods to reduce spread, will make bronco prime a good short range weapon.

55 minutes ago, Famecans said:

Exactly 60+60, I believed it was a bug but the percentage is accurate to exceed 100% recoil reduction, technically encouraging headshots.

We could already do the same thing with other sources of recoil reduction.  I wouldn't think it's a bug, although with DE one never knows.

On 2021-12-13 at 1:07 AM, Famecans said:

I am pretty sure 100% is not a complete recoil removal just like a lot of things in Warframe. 
Here is my example:
I have 3 secondary Rattleguts kitguns, same Splat chambers but with 3 different grips:
Gibber (+recoil) -50% recoil is enough to make it completely still - either arcane or exilus mod
Ramble (++recoil) mod + arcane = no recoil
Lovetap (+++recoil) mod + arcane is not enough even though it gives -110% on paper, but when I add a -70% riven - then it is steady.

Archived