Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With the Discord Store retiring, will we ever be able to get Amethyst skins again?

--TL--Sui

As (at most) very few of you know, because absolutely no one uses it, the Discord Store is retiring on March 1st - and likely because of that, the Reverence Pack, which was obtainable through it, has already been removed from the game. Now is the question, what do you guys think - will the skins (Volt, Mag & Excalibur Amethyst Skins) be unobtainable forever or return in a similar fashion, e.g. through the Epic Games Launcher?

2 hours ago, --TL--Sui said:

As (at most) very few of you know, because absolutely no one uses it

I was not aware there was one. I have never come across the skins you are talking about.

I assume that DE would find a way to let us buy them though. Possibly through just the in-game market.

I thought the store retired ages ago? Or is this a case where previously purchased/installed items remained accessible and that's now being removed?

Regardless they'll either return through a new pack, added to the market, show up in Resurgence, or just forgotten like older promo items. My bet is on them being forgotten or just thrown into Resurgence.

47 minutes ago, trst said:

I thought the store retired ages ago? Or is this a case where previously purchased/installed items remained accessible and that's now being removed?

Pretty much, the Store section itself was removed years ago, but some parts remained, including devs selling their games in their own server and Warframe's in-game Reverence pack that you could buy if you had the game through Discord. But now the remaining parts are shutting down too, meaning the pack is also gone, as it was connected to Discord and the transaction went through it.

4 hours ago, --TL--Sui said:

As (at most) very few of you know, because absolutely no one uses it, the Discord Store is retiring on March 1st - and likely because of that, the Reverence Pack, which was obtainable through it, has already been removed from the game. Now is the question, what do you guys think - will the skins (Volt, Mag & Excalibur Amethyst Skins) be unobtainable forever or return in a similar fashion, e.g. through the Epic Games Launcher?

Given how they technically havent been 'obtainable' since the discord store originally closed (in late 2019 I think, or early 2020), I don't think DE is intent on making them accessible again. Sort of like the Nvidia skin for the braton. Maybe since it was not a free thing they consider it similar? I dont know. 🤔

Somewhat unfortunate to see it go, always had a bit better performance than the steam client, although the install takes far longer. Though thankfully if you did use the launcher, they are not removing any of the skins from your inventory so thats a plus at least.

Archived