Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't nerf AoE, instead

Metalgearfox

10 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

That's weird, I had no idea that some weapons just don't get headshot multiplier damage. Bug frame strikes again. 

Plasmor was definitely intentional.  I'd guess the other weapons with similar projectiles are intentional too.  Or maybe forgotten side-effects of using that projectile type.

8 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

If it's like Nataruk, it can get credit for headshots  for arcanes and the like.  But doesn't get headshot bonus damage on direct hits without modding for it.

At least for Nataruk that's only for the charged shots, if you use the quick shot that doesn't have the wider projectile you still get the bonus for that.

12 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Do you know for sure of any examples?

All Of Them ?

I think most can get headshot activations from their radial components, and I know from personal experience that Talons and Castanas  get headshot damage bonuses from the same.

I also know from Personal Experience that That The Sancti Castanas doesn't Trigger the Kill Enemies with Headshots Riven despite Applying it Directly to Enemies Heads....

(Presumably you're just talking about radial damage.  I think most AoE weapons can get headshot credit and bonuses from direct projectile hits.)

Indeed...

edit:  Just playing around with the Tonkor a bit--yeah, the radial damage is definitely getting headshot multipliers.

I remain Skeptical 🤔....

I mean I know Glaives can get Headshot Damage but not Ranged Weapons....

Sigh.... Warframe and it's Inconsisties....

8 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

Does Arca Plasmor not get head shot multiplier or is the blast to big to just hit the head unless you aim high? You can proc Laser Sight and Primary Deadhead on plasmor if you aim just above their heads. 

It triggers the Headshot Sound Affect.... It might Also bypass Shield Gating On Corpus Enemies but does it actually get Headshot Damage ?

I honestly can't be sure.... Nataruk has the same Issue....

I'm fairly Certain Fulmin and Catchmoon don't get Headshot Bonuses even with Primary Deadhead Equiped.... Could be another Bug....

Could Be DE just needs to Description to Say "Doesn't Work On Fulmin because Reasons".... 👀

On 2022-02-24 at 12:08 PM, Loza03 said:

There's also nothing else quite like Warframe in terms of action gaming. So people (such as myself) might want to challenge themselves at Warframe or something similar - but that something similar simply does not exist.

There is Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis. It came out last year and has been the closest thing to the WF experience I ever found. It's a looter with open world maps, really high mobility gameplay (you fly and parkour around the map) and fast paced action combat. It plays more like a devil may cry action combat than a first person shooter tho (but there are guns). It also has powers and is definetely a power fantasy. Since it's new, the power creep isnt there yet and combat is much more balanced and engaging (although the previous version of the game that ran for years was said to have a lot of power creep like WF). 

It has 2 major problems though: the main story is terrible, you play just for the gameplay. There's very little content, since it was launched recently. But the gameplay, combat and movement is extremely fun and addictive. I recommend it to WF fans that want more focus on the action combat. 

22 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

There is Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis. It came out last year and has been the closest thing to the WF experience I ever found. It's a looter with open world maps, really high mobility gameplay (you fly and parkour around the map) and fast paced action combat. It plays more like a devil may cry action combat than a first person shooter tho (but there are guns). It also has powers and is definetely a power fantasy. Since it's new, the power creep isnt there yet and combat is much more balanced and engaging (although the previous version of the game that ran for years was said to have a lot of power creep like WF). 

It has 2 major problems though: the main story is terrible, you play just for the gameplay. There's very little content, since it was launched recently. But the gameplay, combat and movement is extremely fun and addictive. I recommend it to WF fans that want more focus on the action combat. 

Mm… I’ve seen some gameplay footage. Gameplay didn’t quite strike me, personally, but it does look pretty good for an MMO

edit: it’s not a ringing endorsement, I’ll admit 😅. But if someone chased only power in Warframe and reached the top and finished the game, PSO2 might be worth looking into

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I also know from Personal Experience that That The Sancti Castanas doesn't Trigger the Kill Enemies with Headshots Riven despite Applying it Directly to Enemies Heads....

Ah, I didn't know this.  I confirmed that Deadhead stacks still don't trigger with either Scatanas or Talons.  However they do get the passive headshot bonus and can stack G. Crosshairs.

Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

7 hours ago, Lutesque said:
19 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

edit:  Just playing around with the Tonkor a bit--yeah, the radial damage is definitely getting headshot multipliers.

I remain Skeptical 🤔....

I mean I know Glaives can get Headshot Damage but not Ranged Weapons....

Ktonkor, Talons, and both kinds of Catanas are definitely getting headshot multipliers.  I haven't tested anything else.

8 hours ago, Raanab said:

At least for Nataruk that's only for the charged shots, if you use the quick shot that doesn't have the wider projectile you still get the bonus for that.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to include that caveat.   It's crazy how much I use the Nataruk but still usually forget the quick shot exists. :P

Replace self damage with concussion damage that lasts for around 5-10 seconds, depending on how much damage the blast did
(This is mostly a fun idea btw, I'm not particularly with or against the nerfing of AOE in the game since I personally do fine not using them anyway)

You shoot your Zarr too close to you, audio gets muffled and everything gets really blurry

Kinda like how with the Corinth, you gotta be aware of how far away that wall is before you shoot

Something like this:

Spoiler

On 2022-02-24 at 6:41 AM, Soy77 said:

don't try to change warframe.

instead enjoy it for the horde shooter it is.

you want steak, don't go to a vegan restaurant.

If this game is only meant to be Dynasty Warriors but even lazier and with guns, why even have single-target weapons in the game at all? This “vegan restaurant” sure hands us a lot of steak knifes and marinade.

Archived