Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

K-Drives, on Deimos in particular. Why wtf?

kazenioware

Why on earth do you  think, K-Drives are fun?

Especially on Deimos, which you force us to do K-drives to get "Feverspine", which you do only, and only for the XP.

Since you did such ... things like Archwing and Lunaro, which almost no one plays, exept for the skins maybe.

K-Drives are not successful nor enjoyable for two reasons:

1. There are no dedicated levels for it (or at least enough room for it. Borderlands handles that issue way better). Some forced into maps missions doesnt do the trick. There is a reason, why most uf us do the leveling at those large pipes right after the elevator.

2. The feel of the drive, the "haptics" is as much fun as hemorrhoids. Every little nudge, jut, ledge knocks you off that board and it takes forever to get back on. To make it worse, you can not pimp the drive on the spot, you have to take it back to the shop. Or being able to switch to another preset. Smooth.

The integration of K-Drives, Archwings, Necramechs, Lunaro, PvP arenas are more or less disjointed from the main part up to a point where you can literally feel it.

15 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Oh, you must be using the royal "we." For a moment I thought you were trying to speak for everyone.

They used "us," which yes is a form of "we," but I don't think it was egregious.  We are forced to interact with K drive stuff, including some truly hostile races, if we want to max out our MR.  In any event, I don't think every single post needs to start with a decidedly obvious "I am only speaking for myself."  Surely that's implied in most cases.  And here, this person is bringing up complaints that I've read numerous times from other posters.  With a post amount as prolific as yours, I daresay you've run across these complaints as well.

K drives are one of the most maligned additions to this game.  In fact, outside of conclave, I can't think of anything else less popular.  Maybe moving Ash and Oberon to RJ?  Indeed, I think Yareli's existence is due to DE trying to squeeze some more engagement out of a system they put a lot of developer resources into creating only to find it sit unused.  A sunk cost warframe, if you will.

Based on my experience in these forums and, anecdotally, what I see in game, K drives are deeply unpopular.  They're a stepping stone to archwing launchers and yet another MR hoop to jump through.  You and others may enjoy them, but I doubt anyone would pretend they're above criticism.

5 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

K drives are one of the most maligned additions to this game.  In fact, outside of conclave, I can't think of anything else less popular.  Maybe moving Ash and Oberon to RJ?  Indeed, I think Yareli's existence is due to DE trying to squeeze some more engagement out of a system they put a lot of developer resources into creating only to find it sit unused.  A sunk cost warframe, if you will.

I disagree with this.

Actually, when K-Drives came out the Subreddit for Warframe was absolutely giddy over the Tony Hawkesque feel of it. I personally think it's a fun mode, though I suck at it, and yes I do expect people not to be histrionic and act like everyone is in agreement with them because it's not coming from a place of sincerity, it's an attempt to make it look like their opinion is everyone's opinion and that just isn't generally the case.

25 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I disagree with this.

Actually, when K-Drives came out the Subreddit for Warframe was absolutely giddy over the Tony Hawkesque feel of it. I personally think it's a fun mode, though I suck at it, and yes I do expect people not to be histrionic and act like everyone is in agreement with them because it's not coming from a place of sincerity, it's an attempt to make it look like their opinion is everyone's opinion and that just isn't generally the case.

Then perhaps it's just confirmation bias all around.  Yareli's Waverider quest brought a lot of these K drive complaints bubbling up to the surface again, if you'll pardon the water pun.

I will admit kind of enjoying K drive.  I liked the Waverider quest.  And maxing each board out wasn't that bad... on a x2 affinity weekend when I also had a booster going.  I did this before Deimos came out, and I certainly won't claim to enjoy the Deimos races.  But even though I have found some fun in K drives, I will admit that they are a puzzling design decision.  Why introduce a vehicle that is inferior in almost every way to another vehicle that's already in the game?

2 минуты назад, sunderthefirmament сказал:

Then perhaps it's just confirmation bias all around.  Yareli's Waverider quest brought a lot of these K drive complaints bubbling up to the surface again, if you'll pardon the water pun.

I will admit kind of enjoying K drive.  I liked the Waverider quest.  And maxing each board out wasn't that bad... on a x2 affinity weekend when I also had a booster going.  I did this before Deimos came out, and I certainly won't claim to enjoy the Deimos races.  But even though I have found some fun in K drives, I will admit that they are a puzzling design decision.  Why introduce a vehicle that is inferior in almost every way to another vehicle that's already in the game?

Because to new players, k-drive becomes available earlier than arsewing. And any open world map is absolutely horrible to get around on foot.

2 hours ago, kazenioware said:

Especially on Deimos, which you force us to do K-drives to get "Feverspine", which you do only, and only for the XP.

Since you did such ... things like Archwing and Lunaro, which almost no one plays, exept for the skins maybe.

1. There are no dedicated levels for it (or at least enough room for it. Borderlands handles that issue way better). Some forced into maps missions doesnt do the trick. There is a reason, why most uf us do the leveling at those large pipes right after the elevator.

2. The feel of the drive, the "haptics" is as much fun as hemorrhoids. Every little nudge, jut, ledge knocks you off that board and it takes forever to get back on. To make it worse, you can not pimp the drive on the spot, you have to take it back to the shop. Or being able to switch to another preset. Smooth.

The integration of K-Drives, Archwings, Necramechs, Lunaro, PvP arenas are more or less disjointed from the main part up to a point where you can literally feel it.

i agree most of the things said here. i am of the few that loves archwing. but k-drive? if they removed this i wouldnt even shed a tear. 

41 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I do have to agree that using a k-drive in Deimos is hellish and I don't know why there are races there. For awhile you could complete races using archwing at the last ring once you activated the race and honestly, that is how I got the feverspine. Now they've fixed it so the rings don't all appear at once, though your map shows you where they will be. Unfortunately this doesn't allow for any give with regards to missing any of the rings, and was a rather crude fix for the bug.

The deimos races are really tight on time while making it hard to see the rings with all the obstructions in the scenery. I don't understand how grandmother is even involved with the ventkids. It feels very slapped on.

I agree, if there were any levels or missions designed with them in mind (I'm thinking long stretches/corridors with rails, ramps, etc.) then K-Drives probably wouldn't suck so much but right now rails and ramps are sporadic at best and there are random, hard to spot obstructions everywhere that will send you ragdolling. Vallis is bad but Deimos is even worse.

Tony Hawk games wouldn't be fun if there were obstructions everywhere and you didn't have anywhere to chain your tricks.

My main issue with K-Drives is how Grinding doesn't Hard Lock you to whatever Pipe you are Grinding on and it's so Glitchy sometimes that you will land with a Grind only to then be Forced to un-grind by some Invisible Force....

Also the Camera..... Warframe is the only game with "Vehicles" where I have to micromanage the Camera myself...

Not that I'm asking for a K- Drive rework or anything like that.... These are minor Issues that can be ignored because players do them once and never bother again....

And I don't want a K-Drive Rework if our Feedback is just going to be Ignored Anyway.... It's better if they Stay Dead.... 

Am 17.4.2022 um 12:01 schrieb kazenioware:

well for somebody maybe. but sure not for majority. and there are masochists or what ever.

Dear DE, 

If you haven't gathered it by now, NO ONE likes the stupid K drives. They are BEYOND pointless, and have ZERO role in a fighting game. Why would we even use these when we have archwings and necramechs?

I know you guys realize how bad and broken it is. You had to create an entire quest just to make us use these. I'd say fix them, but I think a lot of people would rather see them gone.

Also, it's wrong you tied the feverspine to literally the worst, glitchiest race on Deimos. 

You need to fix this. There's a million other things you could add to this game to improve it. 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PSN)excillon:

Dear DE, 

If you haven't gathered it by now, NO ONE likes the stupid K drives. They are BEYOND pointless, and have ZERO role in a fighting game. Why would we even use these when we have archwings and necramechs?

I know you guys realize how bad and broken it is. You had to create an entire quest just to make us use these. I'd say fix them, but I think a lot of people would rather see them gone.

Also, it's wrong you tied the feverspine to literally the worst, glitchiest race on Deimos. 

You need to fix this. There's a million other things you could add to this game to improve it. 

this is pointless stuff like mining and fishing. Once done, thank God, you want to forget it right away.
of course you can pimp it by allowing all warframe skills and weapons on the board. and it should double the pick-up range. but then iztal have 3th and that thing can also sprint...
k-board is so pointless! and that's obvious!? even beginners have archwing fast enough!!!!

Archived