Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solo play requirements

DragonScythe

I've been playing this game for the last 8 and a half years and I'm noticing something that gets worse every update,  the ability for solo players to advance in the higher levels.  For players like myself,  I started playing Warframe because it is a FTP and well, I'm poor.  I've been using the same rig since the beginning and live in an area where the internet service isn't the best.  The combo of both makes many of the higher level missions almost impossible solo, and I can say from first hand experience, our community has no patience with playing with someone who has a slower system or connection.  The people who I do see show off solo are also players who progress in squad and used the rewards to be able to handle solo play. The open roam nodes run extremely choppy as well and with every update gets worse.  

Am I the minority in this issue,  or the only one who feels DE should balance this out somehow?

I don't like to be this guy but I have to: I play solo, constantly, for similar performance reasons. I've been able to get through all of this content well enough. It's required fairly extensive farming, and a bit of trading, and some reliance on Octavia (especially for Steel Path), but everything has been within my builds. Trading is probably the biggest factor to getting multiplayer benefits without playing multiplayer missions.

Though I also wish they'd give us a lighter-weight trading alternative instead of having to load into someone's dojo or a relay for what amounts to a freaking text-based trading system. Those asset loads are never going to be good on a low-end PC or slow internet.

Honestly, the new Zariman missions feel easier to do solo. But that might be from other people running off for goodies, IDK..

23 minutes ago, DragonScythe said:

Am I the minority in this issue,  or the only one who feels DE should balance this out somehow?

You are probably in the minority, yeah.

It sounds like much of your issue is related to performance, not the evolving game design.

The game is actually pretty easy solo compared to like 5 or 6 years ago. With Helimth and the generally super-powered weapons (aoe meta guns) solo is pretty easy. Especially since the eximus update caps eximus units to 2 if you're playing solo (afaik).

Getting the gear to play solo easily may be tough though, I'm not sure. It has been many years since I had issues with gear/loadouts so I may simply be unable to relate.

1 hour ago, DragonScythe said:

I've been playing this game for the last 8 and a half years and I'm noticing something that gets worse every update,  the ability for solo players to advance in the higher levels.  For players like myself,  I started playing Warframe because it is a FTP and well, I'm poor.  I've been using the same rig since the beginning and live in an area where the internet service isn't the best.  The combo of both makes many of the higher level missions almost impossible solo, and I can say from first hand experience, our community has no patience with playing with someone who has a slower system or connection.  The people who I do see show off solo are also players who progress in squad and used the rewards to be able to handle solo play. The open roam nodes run extremely choppy as well and with every update gets worse.  

I'm not sure what you're referring to... I mean, if you think that your computer is having worse performance per update, get a new one when you can and I do suggest you get individual parts and assemble it yourself instead of buying the cookie cutter rig being sold as new at heavily exorbitant prices when its really already outdated for 5 years or so...

If it goes beyond that, I can guarantee you that the game is perfectly solo friendly in the entire content, even if you decide to run in Steel Path mode... If you think its difficult to progress, that might be because you haven't collected anything that could help you progress further.

Imagine that you're climbing a ladder, in which you're collecting the wood, shaping the wood into steps and placing those same steps that you're going to use in order to climb... The worst thing you can do is to go straight for the mods that those show-off sh- -players aggressively advise other players to get. Just do your thing, the game will fall into place on its own with little effort.

I also play mostly solo due to connectivity issue. I can assure you that solo is definitely viable. But given the various changes and power scaling in recent years, you need to progress quite extensively to catch up. 

The most important gear you should get is kuva/tenet weapons. I cannot stress them enough. It does not have to be 60% elemental. Even a messy 27% will get you through SP. You can easily handle level 100 enemies and level 5 lich/sister with assimilate Nyx, vanilla Zarr and a decent melee. 

For information, I am currently playing vanilla Valkyr with k. Brakk, and can easily handle the new game mode and angel solo.

Having trash internet was what really pushed me to more solo play. I just can't get good internet where I live.

The new energy leech eximus are worse than they were before if you have bad internet and are in a group. You see the aoe, dodge and still get hit almost every single time. 

I had a weak computer too. Especially in open worlds, it was often horrible. Entering Orb Vallis from Fortuna while not playing solo took up to 6 minutes (I timed it), standing for a closed door.

So the solution was to buy a better computer. Now everything runs smooth. I believe the system you play on has more impact than network. If you still play an old rig, replace it. You'll be amazed when you see the results.

15 hours ago, DragonScythe said:

To be honest no not really. I’ve also played for a long time to the point where a lot of my frames and weapons and six to eight times forma’d so I don’t necessarily struggle that much in solo content. Higher level content like 200+ then yes I do struggle. 

Archived